Back in Business LED Coco Closet Grow

Lol man its like you took the words right out of brain with that explanation, and I keep my LED about 16-24 inches above the canopy in flowering. But with seedlings I keep it at least 36" until they get their 3rd or fourth leaf set then I will drop them down as the plant acclimates. Also I hadnt realized that mainlining was no longer a relevant term, my apologies and I will try to remember to use fluxing from now on.

20131020_094516.jpg
So I came into my closet today to check on the babes and was astonished to find a seedling like this.

Im not totally sure what happened because none of the other seedlings were unhealthy or falling over. Im assuming that the seedlings stem wasnt strong enough and it folded over? But to try and give it a fighting chance I put cloning gel on the whole stem and buried it up to the leaf set and I will treat it like its a clone.

Thank you mono and I cant wait to see them really start taking off, Im going to be giving them their first meal which is just going to be 1/2 strength rapid root and full strength CalMag which is organic and also contains 10% molasses which should help feed them.

Im really not sure when to start feeding with the AN MGB, and if im hand watering once every couple of days right now does the coco hold onto the nutes between waterings? Should I water every day but cut back the amount of water I give? If anyone could point me in the right direction Id appreciate it. Thanks again.

Ill check this out! Looks like you are off to a good start. Only water when you need to or when the pot is dry. As for feeding schedule there are many approaches. Every 2 weeks is a good baseline though and only after the 5 fingered leaves appear. Rules of thumb but by no means scientific haha. Also check the nutes container, it will have instructions.

Looking forward to the update!

20131030_174652.jpg

overall

20131030_174703.jpg

hindu

20131030_174713.jpg

afghan

Finally got everything figured out, Im not sure what was wrong but I uploaded using a different wifi and it worked so here are a quick snapshot of the girls at around 14 days. In about a week I will top them to begin the "fluxing" process. I have been feeding them at about 1/4 strength everyday with 10-15% runoff. They were a little sensitive at first and had a little tip burn but are looking much better. Also I noticed a little algae starting to form on the top of the coco, do you think it may be from the organic CalMag?

From what I've read 14 days is really early for nutes, especially being fed every day. I think I've seen a rule of thumb for nutes that is no feeding until the plant has 5 nodes and is 4-5 inches tall. Did your nutes come with a feeding schedule? Every day seems really frequent to me.

I agree with Mono about the algae. The algae is an indicator of the soil being too moist. Your plants will develop stronger roots if you let them dry out a couple days between waterings/feedings. If they're always wet, they will not have to 'search' for water, therefore not grow as much. I see you're testing the runoff, which means you have drainage holes which is good, but if you're getting 10-15% runoff everyday, they're definitely too wet. I'd cut back the watering, maybe add some perlite, maybe add more drainage holes.

Don't be afraid to let your soil get a bit dry. Even when the top layer looks dry, if you stick your finger about an inch down, it will feel somewhat damp usually (even if just a little bit).

My plants are 18 days old - I haven't fed them any nutes, and they haven't been watered in 4 days (I will probably water them today). I have about 70% perlite/vermiculute, so my water goes straight through. My babies are living in a desert compared to yours :laugh: :love:

Happy tokes! :tokin:

Edit: I know there is a really great thread somewhere in these boards that has a feeding schedule for many popular nutrients, but for some reason I didn't bookmark it and always have a hard time finding it. I'll keep looking but maybe someone will see this and know what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom