420 Magazine Background

Back pain

hjayu94

I hate to say this cause I know it will be criticized... but I feel marijuana can be addictive. 100% no doubt addictive.

I started using to get over a severe social anxiety. I am now dependent on it.. Of course I COULD stop, but holy shit it's near impossible. Without it, nothing gives me the excite-able, dopamine rush strong weed gives me. Life is so bland and boring without it.

Some people claim weed can't be addictive because there isn't an addictive substance in it, like cocaine or medications would have.. But then half the addictions out there couldn't be real... like gambling? Nothing physically enters your body to get you addicted, but endless people still lose their spouse, kids, homes, and lives to it..

Anyways, sorry to disagree with almost everyone on this site :( But weed can help relieve pain, makes you forget problems, and just be happy! Of course that feeling is addictive, cause it's great :)

PCaddict

What particular strains are we suggesting to help with pain? Id assume it's something with higher value of cbd but it seems studies are showing THC now aides as well? So is it better finding a high cbd strain or something close to equal in cbd and thc?
That is exactly what my doctor said a 1:1 CBD/THC ratio strain helps best or even a 2:1 ratio I hope you find help. It has helped me :snowboating:

Nunyabiz

I hate to say this cause I know it will be criticized... but I feel marijuana can be addictive. 100% no doubt addictive.

I started using to get over a severe social anxiety. I am now dependent on it.. Of course I COULD stop, but holy shit it's near impossible. Without it, nothing gives me the excite-able, dopamine rush strong weed gives me. Life is so bland and boring without it.

Some people claim weed can't be addictive because there isn't an addictive substance in it, like cocaine or medications would have.. But then half the addictions out there couldn't be real... like gambling? Nothing physically enters your body to get you addicted, but endless people still lose their spouse, kids, homes, and lives to it..

Anyways, sorry to disagree with almost everyone on this site :( But weed can help relieve pain, makes you forget problems, and just be happy! Of course that feeling is addictive, cause it's great :)
If you mean "physically addicting" then you're dead wrong.
If you mean mentally addicted then of course it can, because basically everything can.
Chocolate and coffee, football, sex, cheeseburgers all can be mentally addictive.

hjayu94

Ya was more talking general sense, that it can potentially be addicting. Definitely mostly mental, agreed.

However weed does cause a physical dopamine rush in the brain, much more than coffee, football, or cheeseburgers lol The burgers gave me a good laugh! :)

So ... It's a very physical, real change in your brain happening, that a person can then mentally become addicted to I guess..

It's hard for me to say it's not physically addicting... As again, it makes very strong physical changes to your brain, and if you quit after long, heavy use, you will notice physical withdraw symptoms. But yes... There is no addictive substance in weed, such as nicotine, that I know of. So saying it's not physically addictive does make sense to me as well :)

hjayu94

I've stopped smoking for sometimes months at a time and felt not even the slightest twinge of physical dependency or withdrawal.
I am quite jealous of this! Haha. Don't notice anything horrible, but pressure/pain in my eyes.. some headaches.. extra tired.. etc. Will be the first to admit mental weakness on my part. I struggle with a few things which may aid in dependency on a "feel good" type thing.

Top Bottom