I hate to say this cause I know it will be criticized... but I feel marijuana can be addictive. 100% no doubt addictive.

I started using to get over a severe social anxiety. I am now dependent on it.. Of course I COULD stop, but holy shit it's near impossible. Without it, nothing gives me the excite-able, dopamine rush strong weed gives me. Life is so bland and boring without it.

Some people claim weed can't be addictive because there isn't an addictive substance in it, like cocaine or medications would have.. But then half the addictions out there couldn't be real... like gambling? Nothing physically enters your body to get you addicted, but endless people still lose their spouse, kids, homes, and lives to it..

Anyways, sorry to disagree with almost everyone on this site :( But weed can help relieve pain, makes you forget problems, and just be happy! Of course that feeling is addictive, cause it's great :)

What particular strains are we suggesting to help with pain? Id assume it's something with higher value of cbd but it seems studies are showing THC now aides as well? So is it better finding a high cbd strain or something close to equal in cbd and thc?
That is exactly what my doctor said a 1:1 CBD/THC ratio strain helps best or even a 2:1 ratio I hope you find help. It has helped me :snowboating:

I hate to say this cause I know it will be criticized... but I feel marijuana can be addictive. 100% no doubt addictive.

I started using to get over a severe social anxiety. I am now dependent on it.. Of course I COULD stop, but holy shit it's near impossible. Without it, nothing gives me the excite-able, dopamine rush strong weed gives me. Life is so bland and boring without it.

Some people claim weed can't be addictive because there isn't an addictive substance in it, like cocaine or medications would have.. But then half the addictions out there couldn't be real... like gambling? Nothing physically enters your body to get you addicted, but endless people still lose their spouse, kids, homes, and lives to it..

Anyways, sorry to disagree with almost everyone on this site :( But weed can help relieve pain, makes you forget problems, and just be happy! Of course that feeling is addictive, cause it's great :)
If you mean "physically addicting" then you're dead wrong.
If you mean mentally addicted then of course it can, because basically everything can.
Chocolate and coffee, football, sex, cheeseburgers all can be mentally addictive.

Ya was more talking general sense, that it can potentially be addicting. Definitely mostly mental, agreed.

However weed does cause a physical dopamine rush in the brain, much more than coffee, football, or cheeseburgers lol The burgers gave me a good laugh! :)

So ... It's a very physical, real change in your brain happening, that a person can then mentally become addicted to I guess..

It's hard for me to say it's not physically addicting... As again, it makes very strong physical changes to your brain, and if you quit after long, heavy use, you will notice physical withdraw symptoms. But yes... There is no addictive substance in weed, such as nicotine, that I know of. So saying it's not physically addictive does make sense to me as well :)

I've stopped smoking for sometimes months at a time and felt not even the slightest twinge of physical dependency or withdrawal.

I am quite jealous of this! Haha. Don't notice anything horrible, but pressure/pain in my eyes.. some headaches.. extra tired.. etc. Will be the first to admit mental weakness on my part. I struggle with a few things which may aid in dependency on a "feel good" type thing.

I've been suffering from a back injury for months now, and been dosing my self with a lot of pain relievers. I'm starting to think that I might take away the pain of my back with the meds but at the same time punishing my liver slowly. So I started reading articles about marijuana and it's medical aspect and found this along the way

I am already 34 years old and haven't tried smoking or any other means of using marijuana and I have nothing against it. My question is that if i try it would I be dependent at the same time addicted to it? And will it really ease the pain? Thanks in advance to those who'll answer
Yes, you can try this.

It is important to share this, takes a lot of guts to say it because people that love cannabis don't want like to hear that it can be addictive and have a negative impact on some peoples life, so, thanks for sharing that. Cannabis is not addictive the same way heroin is, cannabis is addictive the same way video games are and it affects different people differently. A lot of people play video games but not everyone gets addicted to it, only some. It has to do with your personality, life, and million other factors. With that being said cannabis is VERY SAFE, specially taken in moderate doses. I used to abuse it and stopped for a long time, now i'm coming because of chronical back pain and i hope to find some relief in cannabis. Can't give you much more information about pain because my ladies are not ready for harvest yet but i will be sure to share my experience when they do. The only thing i can add about pain is that from what i have seen so far different people, different pains, different results. Try and share :)

I have chronic back pain as well. I’m using THC (smoked and vaped dry flower) and CBD (sublingual and topicals) to help with the pain and inflammation. But I’m also doing core strengthening exercises, stretching, massage, meditation, etc. I don’t think becoming dependent would really be an issue. It’s more important to view medical use of marijuana as you would any other medication and realize that there are probably other things you should be doing in conjunction with using your medication to receive full benefit. My opinion is basically to be sure that you are also addressing the cause of the pain to the extent that it is possible. I hope this helps!
If I may ask, what vaporizer do you use to smoke dry herb?

My husband suffers from back pain and I'm looking for the solution. I know that cannabis can help (and it actually helps), but what about medications? Do you use them together with CBD?

My husband suffers from back pain and I'm looking for the solution. I know that cannabis can help (and it actually helps), but what about medications? Do you use them together with CBD?
The best pain relief from cannabis is from eating it in it's natural acid form without any drying or decarboxylation. You can raise your dosage indefinitely to get more pain relief without taxing your liver or kidneys. You get less high and more pain relief from eating fresh raw Cannabis.

I've been using Cannabis as a medicine since my late teens when I realized I become a more thoughtful and functional human being because my nervous system get more room to focus on something other than my neurotic pain. Cannabis saved my life from being dependent on heavy opiate use.

Marijuana, or cannabis, is known for its potential analgesic properties and has been used by some individuals for pain management. It contains compounds called cannabinoids that interact with the body's endocannabinoid system, which plays a role in regulating pain, among other functions.If you're considering using marijuana for pain relief, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional who can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation. They can help assess the potential benefits and risks, take into account any underlying health conditions, and consider alternative treatments or therapies.Ultimately, the decision to try marijuana for pain management is a personal one that should be made after careful consideration, consultation with a healthcare professional, and understanding the potential risks and benefits involved.
It's good to get your values checked to know what you have to improve on or adjust. But I would never let go of my own sovereign responsibility over my own body, mind and health upon another human being who doesn't live in my body and could never have a better point of reference or monitoring than me.

You have to take your own responsibility since this society is based upon profit and money will always weigh more than the truth and peoples health.

The best pain relief from cannabis is from eating it in it's natural acid form without any drying or decarboxylation. You can raise your dosage indefinitely to get more pain relief without taxing your liver or kidneys. You get less high and more pain relief from eating fresh raw Cannabis.

I've been using Cannabis as a medicine since my late teens when I realized I become a more thoughtful and functional human being because my nervous system get more room to focus on something other than my neurotic pain. Cannabis saved my life from being dependent on heavy opiate use.
Question just eat it? I have plenty of weed from my grow last year and I smoke it but cannot smoke that much as I get too Hi. I suffer from back pain. Very bad back pain I have a 3-level fusion in my lumbar. I take pain meds, but they do not work after over 20 years of taking them. I am willing to try anything so that is why I ask just eat my cured bud? How much would you say one would need to eat? I am serious about this so as soon as you tell me (if you can) I am going to start eating it. If you would rather PM me on this that is cool. I have done edibles but that did not help just got me super Hi. and that's not what I am looking for. I look forward to your advice.

Question just eat it? I have plenty of weed from my grow last year and I smoke it but cannot smoke that much as I get too Hi. I suffer from back pain. Very bad back pain I have a 3-level fusion in my lumbar. I take pain meds, but they do not work after over 20 years of taking them. I am willing to try anything so that is why I ask just eat my cured bud? How much would you say one would need to eat? I am serious about this so as soon as you tell me (if you can) I am going to start eating it. If you would rather PM me on this that is cool. I have done edibles but that did not help just got me super Hi. and that's not what I am looking for. I look forward to your advice.
I mean fresh raw leaves and small flowers. I pluck leaves and keep them in the freezer and eat it as sallad greens. That's what keeps me going really. It also helps to be able to use more of the herb without getting to high. Eating raw Cannabis is where the real medicinal potential is IMO.

I eat small dose(1g x 3 day) Kratom with my coffee but I go off that once weekly and increase my edibles on that day. Sometimes I take gabapentin for a couple of days and then get off.

I try to stay away from the hard stuff but I've gotten off opiates a couple of times in my life when I had to get back on them during growing hiatus. Kratom makes it a little easier getting off but it's an analgesic to and binds to the Mu and kappa receptor the same as other opiates, it's most similar to Tramadol in effects.

I use varieties that are not to sedating and easy on the system.

I wonder, have you encountered many people that would you classify as addicted to weed by only vaping it or edibles & oils?
I'm in EU so rolling a Dutchy is the standard here and I would classify most weed addicts as first nicotine tobacco addicts.. and if they would quit that they would have no problem using less or quitting weed.
I find addiction to the psychoactive trippy side of drugs requires quite the effort... As frankly the drugs themselves will tell you to back off by forcing some introspection.

I feel if the OP avoids smoking joints with tobacco and even pure.. better to avoid all the burned particles but rather vapes or ingests chances of addiction are very low.
Also maybe a CBD cream for the injured area.

Although the main thing I'd look up with back injury is beneficial exercises for the injury, and which to avoid and then in general you should start a life long plan of exercises to strengthen base, core and back, some of them might be big, others might be ridiculous small movements but which we don't tend to do anymore because of habits.
But the only way out of injury is by healing and then gaining more movement and range of motion and strengthening things, but many get in a cycle of injury and because of injury even less movement and eventually their range becomes minute and injuries keep flaring.

Back
Top Bottom