Back To My Roots: Feminized Instead Of Autos This Go Round

goofyfoot

Just getting things started for a show and tell grow. I have tried to do the complete journal thingy but can`t always find the time to be complete, or what some would call proper. This grow is also with feminized as my last 4 post have been with autos.

Seeds are from Herbie`s and both 100% sativa`s :
Dr. Grinspoon from Barney’s Farm is one of the most unique cannabis strains out there. This pure Sativa heirloom strain

1574518822146.png

Malawi Feminized cannabis strain one of the most powerful pure Sativa ( guest I find out !!)

1574518988615.png

I am using Fox Farm Trio nuit`s, CalMag ++ and a soil mix I have been playing with since I started growing indoors about 8 years ago.

Heavy Perlite, with *plain bagged TOP SOIL* not potting soil or any of the per-mixed stuff that`s out there. To lighten it up I found medium sized charcoal lumps. They are for gardening purpose, as a medium for air plants and orchids. I mix this well and then mix 3 gallons worth with 3 gallon of coco fiber.

It is kind of the best of both worlds that soil and coco provide. Also I have been using 5 gallon fiber bag/pots and have found I can water more frequently. They allow more evaporation then plastic containers and in combination with the coco in the soil mix. It drains very well, you don`t get a muddy bottom, reduced root rot. It drips dry in hours. You get an added advantage of building a better feeding schedule.

Also I have been using mycorrhizal powder since I started using the coco fiber. Basically you add 2 heavy tablespoons to the bottom of the hole you create to drop the started seedling(s) ball into. It helps create an bacterial environment that promotes healthy root growth. And the micro`s that help brake down the nuit`s for easier absorption.

If you already have plants started just mix 3-4 tablespoons with 1 cup of your PH`ed feed/water and buy one of those marinade injectors for BBQ. There like $5 and the needle is 4 to 5 inches long. Then just shoot it around the stem in the next two or 3 watering.

No tent, just a modified corner of a utility room that allows me to size it to the plant(s). Some pic`s will follow.

I have 3 LED`s for light source one 600 watt // 2 1000 watt full spectrum, actual watts are about 950`ish.

I buy those Mylar survival blankets from A-zon, they come 10 to a pack and cost $1.00 each. They unfold to a 7ft x 4ft rectangle and I use painters tape to attach to the corner wall of the room.

I have 2 cardboard panels covered with them to make up the other 2 "adjustable" side of the box. To reflect all light back to plants. Simple and cheap and easy to set-up or tear down. Photo below show those blankets taped to the corner of the walls ( my last grow ) ...you can make a tent for 5 dollars // I can adjust it from 4 X 4 to 6 X 8 as they grow ......

1574522662821.png
1574522842916.jpeg

1574522908005.jpeg

That`s it so time will tell and can`t wait, will post back after Turkey Day. I don`t see to much going on for the first 3 or 4 weeks. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and here`s to lots of nuggets in your stockings, Christmas will be here before you know it...

Keep`em green and ...Peace

cheers friend,, karma sent to them sativas,, you picked a couple a keepers there, indeed.. tuffies tho,, gonna be around for a while to test your abilities

but the finish will be wonderful,, a hundred and fifty odd days down the road

one note on the pics,, some folks just simply 'will not' look at a blurple pic, period. it's like lookin at them crazy blue christmas lights,, just hurts the eyes

cheers agin friend,, get to work now

Thanks for the myco input and should have been a little more specific then "dump" it into the hole. I did mix it around with a fork. It does incorporate as the coco makes this medium so lite, it works its way further down with every watering. I found out last year when my cat knocked over one of my autos, you could see how much the clay color had spread down in the mix. When I had to shovel it back in. The plant never missed a beat!!

I also was using the injector mixing a 1/4 teaspoon in with every other feed 32 oz twice a day till the 5 branch/node. I already had started them when a friend mentioned using it to me. He gave me some in a sandwich baggy with no explanation so I just went with it ...... Always learning and not afraid to try things out.

The stuff I purchased is: Plantonix ~ myco bliss powder, a 1lb bag. It has directions for Potted / Transplants / Cuttings and Best Use`es .... thanks for the words ...Peace.....

Small victory and one defeat ...

The Malawi seed popped up Sunday night and I had her outside in the sun for 10 hours yesterday. I have a 200 watt CFL bulb I will use to keep her at 24 hours on. It is meant to have a housing that I don`t have. But found an adapter to allow me to screw it into a standard light bulb reseptical, it has the large mogul screw end. Till she warrants using the 600 watt light panel.

The Dr.Grinspoon never germinated but I have another seed to try. I usually just soak over night 12 to 18 hours in R/O`ed water to crack the kernel.

Did that last Friday night before my 1st post to both. She didn`t crack and I gave her till Sunday AM but nothing happened. I dropped her in a hole anyway when I did the Malawi "just in case". She is still just sitting there, sucks but not the first time.

I split the order with a buddy and he is shooting me back the seed I shared to him. So there is still hope for that one, really want to try that strain out.

Hope to have that one popped out after Turkey Day.

Other then that hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving ...........

and I seen this mentioned as action by the Fed`s to change scheduling of/on marijuana:

U.S. Representatives voted to move cannabis decriminalization legislation out of committee, setting the stage for a historic vote of the entire chamber, but the Democrat-sponsored bill faces an uncertain fate in the U.S. Senate.

The Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act of 2019 wouldn’t automatically make recreational cannabis use the law of the land, rather it would allow states to criminalize or decriminalize it as they see fit. It would also expunge prior cannabis convictions, impose a five percent federal tax on cannabis sales, then put that revenue toward social justice issues that would address the impact the war on drugs has had on minorities.

Dozens of similar bills have been filed in recent years, but none of those bills have seen the level of consideration that the MORE Act has gotten.

Supporters said it would remove the clash between states that have legalized recreational use and the federal government’s narcotics laws.

Thanks for stopping by, and Keep`em Green

...Peace.....

001.JPG

Howdy All, a little update and small loss. About the norm for me lately when I expect to much or more like assume. Both Dr Grinspoon seeds failed to germinate for me as well as the 3rd one from the order, my buddy tried to start. I have soaked every seed I have ever grown indoors this last 8 years the same way.

I float them in R/O`ed water for 24 hours give or take and you will see the kernel / shell husk start to split around the center. From there it is into a starter pot or right into main pot. So I can only think they are just a bad batch of seeds from the breeder.

I emailed Herbie`s who I got them from and mentioned all 3 from the same order failed to germinate and they DID offer to ship 3 more. Or allowed me a credit to apply to different strain(s) for the amount spent, but I have to pay shipping. Fair deal and happy to get them replaced. I went with Hulkberry: Royal Queens Seeds version of Bruce Banner #3, (OG Kush x Strawberry Diesel ) It is mostly sativa with some indica, I was looking to go with all pure sativa`s this grow. ... but.

sort-HulkBerry-royal-queen-seeds__Keoe21rwl1VI2YJc.jpg

Then I had my Starter CFL bulb support fail and it dropped down 1 inch from the top of the Malawi seeded that was on her way. It was like 8 hours before I had noticed it and the heat from the bulb fried her. So I started another seed and she is 1 day up above ground to replace the other one.

So hopefully in 2 more day I will have this mess sorted out and 2 plants working. I only have room for a small grow and my needs are non-medical, but not recreational ..?? I enjoy a good bong hit every now and then or if my back is fatigued. I do restaurant work and with holidays or events. Back to back 12 / 14 hour days standing on your feet in on spot are, well SUCK. So instead of taking an aspirin or an Alieve this is my cure. So ideally I can make an 1/8th of a oz last weeks.

With the Auto`s 2 plants with $300 invested in LED`s // $50 in CalMag and Fox Farm trio pk, and $60 -$70 dollars increased in utilities for under 3months. Supplied me for the WHOLE year.

The LED`S are an investment, so by using the nuit`s and utilities. For about $150 a year I have all the quality bud I need. The seeds are extra but with 2 other people involved, $14 dollar each seeds drop to $7-8 bucks. Also my apartment is small and the heat the LED`s put out does contribute to me not running the heat all winter. I live in a milder southern zone also.

I have a small electric oil-filled radiator on wheels I roll around to the room I am in. So I grow from November`ish to March- April .............

And I really enjoy watching them, what a healthy aquarium does for your mental state. I get "that" from spending time in a grow. And when they start musking, perfuming .... it is awesome !!!

I really wanted to see what that Grinspoon would do, as it is not a mega yielding plant. More a "quality" heirloom, PURE sativa strain. It`s flowers are more like "flowers" then what we see as buds from most female plants. I am in search of a strain / plant called Marley`s Collie it is a PURE sativa. And looks ratty, almost like wiry branches with little dread knots instead of buds . Image a cotton plant :: this may help~
cotton-export.jpg

Anyhow, Sativa`s are what I am after now a days because I have no trouble sitting on my ass and not moving. ( getting old- er) and I like the up lift instead of the couch lock of indica strains. I love doing computer work, coding and 3D models and gaming. Sativa`s allow me to still function and process info. I was 13 when I smoked my first joint in June of 1976 ....... wish I could do it all over again.

Will post a few pic`s of grow room here soon. Making reflective light panels and with show my DIY utility closet / grow room in detail.

Hope All stays good in your worlds and Keep`em Green ..!! thanks for stopping.........

...Peace.....

Quick update ...the Grinspoon lives!! I don`t know why or how but 6 hours after I did the last post. I was moving things around and noticed she had broke the surface of the little starter pot. It has been sitting there doing NOTHING since Nov. 28th. She was soaked for 1-1/2 days and sat on a wet piece of cotton another day.

The shell never split so I dropped her down a hole anyway. By this passed Wednesday I had just pushed it off to the side and said fuck it. That`s when I emailed Herbie's, and got credit for the 3pack of seeds. So sometime between then and yesterday she figured it out. HAPPY !!!

I have never had to wait a week + for a seed to germinate, but going with it!! Will have panels done today and pop them into the 5 gallon fiber pots to start their journey. I know sativas take forever to finish but know I learned they take just as long to start!!

It had been colder then average when I started her, 37* to 41* instead of 52*-55* for our normal nightly temps and that back room stays cold. The light are what warms it up. Can only think the chill took her longer to metabolize??? Also I have only been growing Auto`s the last 4 grows and in 12 hours they all popped. Then were on the second set of leaves in 4 to 5 days. I still cant remember ever waiting 7 to 10 days to see them brake the surface... ????

Time to fix up the grow area and get them packed in.

Photos to follow......

...Peace.....

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

cheers friend,,

these plants never fail to surprise, even the most experienced growers. your late bloomer,, ha,, might prove to be a killer,, odd genetics or odd birthing experiences may be the precursor to genius

i have a couple of sprouts that are mama thai/honduras photos, so, arms crossed one will be female,, and a golden tiger half way thru flower

sativa power to all,,

Cool beans and up and running ......

bunch of pic`s of their new home for next 140 / 150 days. just need to water them in and leave them at 24 / on for the next 3`ish weeks.

The "box" is more of a quad / parallelogram shape because of the water heater. I left it awkwards because behind it is the shutoff for the water. It allows me to move the trap door, adjusting the openings size. To let air from outside in to help adjust the heat when all 3 LED`S kick in. I stick a filter for your air handler is there to keep bugs out.

It has one of the ceiling folding drop down staircases. So it create a chimney effect to vent the room...BONUS!! .....
I have 80 inches of height / 204 cm to hang LED`S from and plants spec`s are 145 to 160 cm. I can train them to get them lower if need be.

So it is 65inch X 58 inch and I have the 3 LED`S hung in a triangle pattern ~ the 2 1000W covering the widest area. Then the 600W in the narrow back area. When I water them I just swap the positions and spin 180 degrees to kind of equal out the amount of light they share.

It sets up in 20 minutes and same to dismantle ...... I rent and the bug guy has a set indoor spray schedule for every 3 months. I just move them into the bedroom when he shows as they only spray the bathroom, kitchen and utility rooms.
It is a small inconvenience and after 4 years with the Autos`. I got it down to a science.....

The Mylar blankets are 7ft X 4 ft and I have a furniture shop 5 minutes from apartment for over size boxes. The blankets are 10 for 12 bucks. Cheap and effective DIY grow room.

I use the big orange buckets to catch run-out from waterings, once they drip out I have metal racks sitting 1 inch off the floor so they dry out faster then plastic pots. It saves about a foot of height and I can water / feed more frequently.

It is almost the perfect ghetto grow-room if I may add!!!

Pic`s to share ....

send5-12.jpg

023.JPG

021.JPG

011.JPG

send9-10.jpg

018.JPG

008.JPG

026.JPG

024.JPG

Just 2 cents more, I saves a block of coco fiber and let it dry out. I use it like you would mulch / wood chips outside. Once they root for a week I mist the surface VERY WELL with spray for gnats. Then use the dry coco fiber spreading it 1/2 inch thick over the surface. You will never have gnats again!!

Just water slowly not to wash it all over. I am doing something else on my own I started with my Auto`s. I ran them with both veg and flower switches on. Yes I know 6K blue for veg and 2.8 - 3.2 red for flower but if I where growing outside with the sun for source.
They would be getting both // correct.

With the Auto`s only having a short window I started it after my first attempt and they LOVED it. Doubling their potential then when I only used the veg switch starting out. Sharing photo`s others were like mine are 24 days old and only half that size and fullness.
They wanted to know what nuit`s I was using and feed schedule, I never told them about the lights but it did help out the Auto`s --so why not.

So that`s the plan for theses 2 ....full panels and as close as posable. I also fan them very heavy.

Don`t see much happening for the next 2 weeks or so ....so I will just drop off a few pic`s here and there as they progress.

Thanks for stopping by and any Q/A`s or comments very welcome from ALL. Green is a good thing, share the word......

Peace.....

almost forgot the secret sauce ....... they get stuck between the window and the screens. You can`t catch`em to save them so they get cooked. I add them as bone meal and for karma!!
028.JPG

029.JPG
030.JPG

...Peace.....

Howdy All in 420 Land .....

Just a little update and few pic`s showing progress of the little ones. Funny how 2 plants act so different, they are both 100% sativa but one is acting like a Autoflower, pics follow. The Grindspoon took 5 days to germinate after being soaked for almost 2 days. The Malawi only took 2 days to break surface but is lagging behind.

As if the extra time underground helped out the Grindspoon. She is already starting secondary growth and just starting her second set of leaves. The Malawi may have got a little shock by my clumsiness. I have them on nuit`s right out of the gate, not strong but present. To one gallon of water I have 1/2teaspoon CalMag++ // 1/2 teaspoon of Fox`s Grow Big and 1 Tablespoon of their Big Bloom.

Like 2 drops dripped right on top of her and her paddle shaped primary leaves yellowed out real quick. Then she did nothing for 3 days, just sat there. I hit her with a quart of straight water in 2 doses and that seemed to get her going again.

That gallon is about done and the next I will increase the Grow Big to a full teaspoon 2 Tablespoons of Grow Big. I use water from the tap and our city has a good amount of calcium and lime added. My glass shower doors can testify to that. So I keep the CalMag++ at 1/2 teaspoon the whole way through. I just fill 2 gallon jugs and leave them outside in direct sun shine for a day or two before I use them. The UV`s of the sun cause the chlorine to break down and dissipate out.
We had a vending machine / dispenser one block away in front of our supermarket. It was .35 cents a gallon. For R/O`ed, ozonated, UV`ed water. But it was always broke down or ate your change. Great when it was working..... Anyhow pic`s to show

002.JPG

You can see her like browned out primary leaves and size difference. But coming back strong...

006.JPG

THIS SHOWS HER SECONDARY GROWTH FROM THE SINGLE LEAF BRANCH STARTING

004.JPG

007.JPG

I have them at 24 on and the LED is low at 16 to 18 inches from the top, with both veg and flower switches on. The little thermo probe hangs on the side there and is consistently at 82. So far so good and if that little spill the second day is all that happens ...golden. Will leave at 24 on for 3 more weeks and go go to 20 on // 4 off for 2 or 3 weeks depending on what they do and react to.

They were set in main fiber pots after sprouting on Dec. 7th and today is the 16th. So they are on day 10 of their journey and hell, .....only 135 or so more days to go!!

Thanks for stopping and ...Peace.....

Howdy All 420`ers,

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks for them and things going well. One is more energetic then the other. But catching up never the less. They are both sativa but different strains so it make it difficult. To know if one is kicking ass or one is a slow poke by comparing them together.

I just have been thinning down the nuit`s for the littler one. It has been low on the humidity here and got a fan right on them. So they have been drinking well and looking to bump the nuit levels up.

Lots of movement to their branch`s from the fan helps them build stout stem. Heard it forces them to metabolize nuit`s a bit easier. As if they were in a windy environment outside, making them heartier // toughening them up. (theory)

Having been doing Auto`s for the last 4 years the difference is crazy as to where they would be. As far as size wise and bulk. Makes me very light handed on the nuit`s for them. A few pics to share .........

002.JPG

004.JPG

004a.jpg

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

That is them just hang`in out doing their thing. Tomorrow will be day 14 and will soot a few pic`s after the New Years. That will put them a 1 month so until then.

Have a Merry Christmas and happy New Years .... go easy on the edibles for Santa!!!

Thanks for stopping by and ...Peace.....

Good Morning 420 peoples ....

Just adding a few pic`s and a update on the 2. They are well on their way, the Malawi is doing her own thing. As the Grindspoon that took 5 days to sprout is still chugging along.

They have been on 24/7 for 3 weeks as of today. I have them on thinned out nuit`s and being I have not feed regular photo- strains in 4 years going slow. Auto`s you can dump it on them and they laugh at you.

My time with regular photos taught me the hard way about following what the makers suggest. Or learning on the fly with what I thought was best. You play the end-less game of flush and wait to dry only to screw up again, Loving them to much.

For the littler one of the 2, I followed Fox Farms chart for their trio mix but add 1/2 teaspoon CalMag++ and a B-1 tablet to 1 gallon of water. I take 1 cup of this and keep adding plain 6.25 PH water to get it to below 750 ppm. It usually ends up about 3 cups worth. I feed this amount twice on the same day. The bigger one I thin down to 925 - 975 ppm because of her increased growth.

I wait one day to water with plain 6.35 to 6.25 PH water 1 quart in 2 doses. I give 2 cups and then wait 8 - 10 hours and then give 2 more cups. I have been doing this every 2 days and they like it. We have had below average humidity, I have a small fan blowing straight on them. And the fiber pots are on a rack, allowing air to circulate completely around it and the bottom.

I know they a very developed root system being under 24/7 for 3 weeks. When I lift the pots over head I count 4 to 6 tap root ends poking through the fiber bottoms.

So I will start going to 2 quarts per plant dividing it into 2 watering the same day. I give nuit`s separately from watering days. Usually wait 3 days after plain watering to feed nuit`s. Then wait 7 to 10 days to see how they are reacting.

I found it better to use 1/2 the strength but more often. You are less likely to shock them and they have almost 5 months to grow, unlike Auto`s.

I have an idea for a feed system if / when I get a bigger apartment. The 5 gallon fiber pots, I found over-sized plastic beach buckets. To set them in when I water, they only drop down 2 inches into them. So they never sit in the run-out. After they drip out for 1 hour I pop them out and place back on racks to air out. Helping evaporation allowing more waterings.

My idea is to take a rubber plunger head, the kind that screw onto the wooden handles. Drill out the inner part and hook it to my little mini-canister wet-vac hose. By drilling 4 or 5 holes in the bottom of the plastic beach bucket, I can place the plunger head under the bucket. Jury rig a variable speed switch to the plug and turn it on 1 hour after I water.

These are what the beach buckets look like:

004.JPG

Theory :: It will allow more nuit`s and watering because it will pull water through the pot from top to bottom. Instead of gravity, cutting drying out time by at least 50%. ( ?? ) It is almost like a mechanical ebb / flood system, as my medium. Is 1/3 parts each: perlite & charcoal chunks / coco fiber / and top soil, very lite. It will also introduce much more air / O2 to the root system.

Have to cut this in 1/2 getting an error my message is to long ..??? If is a fuckin journal?? be right back......

now the other half ..... stupid shit!!! I was dropping photos on to page not sticking them in the gallery first. Is why I was getting error message .....assholes.

I have always wanted to try a ebb / flood system with clay marbles in 5 gallon buckets. Seen a few complete systems ranging from 300 to 600 hundred dollars for a 6 bucket grow. I don`t condone drug dealing but if your grow services are compensated. By cash from a "friend" you share your talents with. You could pull 2 grows a year and the initial investment, re-couped in no time .........

Anyhow will start running them at 20/on ~ 4/off for 2-3 weeks, then 18 / 6 till March something..?? Giving the last 4 to 6 weeks 12 / 12 to 12 / 10.

It has been only 3 weeks but a good start I think some pic`s to share ..........

I have the 1st set of branch`s on the bigger one pulled down a bit, and will do that to all the others to follow. Eventually I will bent the main stem hard almost 90 degrees and tie that way for a week. It will set that way and create`s a canopy where they all share about the same height / distance from light source. You get uniform buds sharing the most productive sweet spot the LED`s produce. Importantly it shrinks the plant by about 18 inches in height. When I go to all 3 LED`s being closer to the floor the air it cooler, being closer to 80* then up higher at 86 to 89 degrees. Found this out with my Auto`s and it doesn`t slow or hurt the plants.

In 6 to 8 hours they are already turning back up toward the light source.

Happy New Years to All and thanks for stopping by ....

Keep`em Green and ...Peace.....

1577543591531.png

Howdy All and just to say Happy New Years!! Got a little confirmation this morning the Grindspoon is showing pistils. She is at 25 days and it has been 4 years since I grew a regular feminized plant. It sounds quick and I am happy not complaining!! and they are both looking very HAPPY.

Sunday night I gave them both their first big gulp of straight water, only PH`ed nothing else. They have been getting some nuit`s in small doses but not a stricked feeding schedule. Plus it has been smaller doses twice as frequently. So they both got 2 good soakings over and hour period. 3/4 gallon for the little one and a gallon for the Grindspoon.

There nuit`s have not gone over 775 PPM and i PH water and nuit solution to 6.35 on average. Checked the run off and the PH was 6.78 and 6.89 on the runoff, the PPM was 825 and 950. I save these number and track it every month from here out. Every 4 weeks give them extra straight water then what they are averaging in a feed.

If they are accepting 2 quarts every 12 to14 days of feed and it is at 775 to 1200 PPM going in. It is good to know what is coming out and the PH of the soil itself. Helps eliminate troubles down the road. That`s the only time I water to the point of flooding them. I usually divide the waterings or feed in to 2 or 3 dose over the course of the day. It is not hard because I can help but poke my head in there 3 or 4 times a day anyway!! We all do it it OK

Yesterday was their first sleep period of 4 hours off, add it was when she pushed out the pistils. Wanted to start it Sunday but the timer was making weird noise`s like the gears in it timer were screwing up. So I had to grab a new one, All good to go. The little bit of sleep will help them bust out real quick here.

Also my tower fan took a shit Monday so I got that jury rigged fan on them. Got the last one at a yard sale for $5 bucks and got 3 grows out of it. So will need a new one, sucks!! Oh Well....

Taking off for three day to visit family so will see what they are doing when I get back.... hope the New Years stay chunky and stinky green for All!! Thanks for stopping by...

Peace.........

HAPPY BABIES ....

girls.jpg

happy.jpg

hppyz.jpg

Happy Saturday and be glad to start a normal work week this Monday. It is less then 10 days between Christmas eve and New Years eve. But what a cluster fuck and seems like forever to get through it. Well only 350`ish day till the shit show starts again.

Anyhow the girls are doing great and got tied down to day. They took to the 4 hours off very well and in 2 days by 9:00 o`clock AM they got the droop going. I set it for 12:00 noon so the hottest part of the day they have no lights and no extra heat in that back room they are in. We had 2 days near 78 for a high and their temp got to 83 in there little area .... not to bad. Over night with that hatch opened it dips down to 76 to 79 and stays there for the 20 the lights are on.

The pic`s make them look trashed but I will post a few pic`s in3 days and you will see how they react to being bent over. It has been 2 hours and the tops are all ready turning back to the lights. The main stem with the big bend, I will leave tied for 5 days but by tomorrow the entire top will be facing skyward. This makes sure the bend stay in place. I wait till they are on the 7 node and that part of the stem is super soft and flexible. No chance of pinching or braking it off.
The Malawi is just starting her 7th node and needs to stretch 5-6 more inches before her turn. I started to pull her lower branches down though.

By the end of the month they will have a almost uniform canopy making the middle of the plant opened up to breath. As all the lower branches are growing back up but in a big U shape. Then the main stalk is off set from center but all equal in height. They share the LED`S equally but you shave 16 or inches off the total height of the plant. So as heat rises with all 3 LED`S going they get the fanned air from the floor that`s is much cooler.

I did get a new tower fan for them that cranks I can only set it on low until they toughen up a bit more. But will be great when they start to flower. The Grindspoon is starting to musk up and the room has that lovely hint of skunk to it. Her pistils are showing on 2 nodes so that is a double plus.

Some pic`s to share and will post back Tuesday or Wednesday to show what happens. And this Tuesday will be day 30 of their little adventure ......

I just use pipe cleaners, they have nice soft fuzzy one`s at the local tobacco shop and the tubing is super soft stuff for fish tank air lines. To keep the oder down from the neighbors I have a plastic mop bucket I keep 2 gallons of water in with 2 tablespoons of Snuggles Fabric softener and 2 Table. Fabloso`e in it. I run the air pump with a small air stone to great a perfume bomb and I works assume!! I have to have a splitter on it or it will create to many bubbles and over flow the bucket and makes a mess.

I run another air stone in the gallon jug of straight water I use on them so it is oxygenated. And cant hurt .... the last 2 pic`s are before the tie down. But in one week the difference is helpful for them. Just another way of training them without clipping and the stress is mild on them. Plus being they are lower not 6 ft it is easier on them to move fluids, that is my theory.

I had a plant years ago when I did only outdoors, it was 8 weeks old and the 5 gallon bucket got knocked on it side. I stayed away as much as posable not wanting to give my grow away. By the time I got back it turned completely 90 degrees back upward but the bend was stuck. So when I placed the bucket the way it was supposed to be, it finally grew into a half assed question mark looking thing!! One of the better plants to smoke of the 10 I grew that year.

Thanks for stopping by and keep`em GREEN!!

...Peace.....

1578157926045.png

Just adding some notes it is just about lights off for them, but I did hook up the 3rd LED for them. I popped all but 3 tie downs off them, and I took a chance with the smaller one only on 5 nodes. She had not yet shown pistils but the two little flaps(??) where they would bud out from were getting fuzzy.

I had waited till the Autos had them showing before I tied them down. Not wanting to stress they out and hermie them. I have never had a feminized seed do that on me and if it never does fine by me. Heard a hard stress, mainly lighting issues and out of wack nuit`s freak them out. Like I said I will see here in a week or so. All the branch ends have turned upward and they are spaced out better. With the third LED I have it shaped like a triangle over head. So as they develop into a even canopy. The sweet spots of the LED`S light projection is evenly over all three plants.

As the plant grows out and up it keeps moving away from the best source the LED can produce. Plus if you seen a chart of an LED`s drop off from it center. There is a zone that the plant gets the maximum benefits ......
1578331143642.png

I now have 2 of these 1000W side by side with a 4 inch gap between them. Then to form the top of " the triangle " I have a 600W that hangs 6 inches forward of them. Will show in a pic in a day or 2 as they look ratty just getting un-tied.

All I do is rotate there spots and spin the 180 degrees every 2 days. So they are evenly in best part of the "cone". I do run them low but never closer then 16 to 18 inches from the top. They are cooler but the UV and Ultra waves that close to them can create issues for you. For the plant that is making you think it is a nuit issue and the tail chasing begins.

The extra heat is well come actually as their area has been down to 68 to 74 degrees. So I will be able to run the fan harder as our outdoor humidity is down to 48 to 56 bar`s. They dry faster in the fiber pots and that is what helps me help them. Frequent lower PPM feeds divided to 3 doses over the lights on, 3 times in 10 to 14 days. Then just water every third day. I do that for 2 weeks and then water hard twice in one day to get at least a gallon of run out to push the salts through.

I measure my feeds to 750 / 900 PPM and from Fox Farms chart they are saying I should be mixing to 1200 / 1650 for soil. But that just burns the shit out of them at 4 to 5 weeks old. I got the air flow and temp thing figured to the lower but more frequent waterings down. Also I never have to wait more then 7 days for them to lighten up after a good gallon ...gallon and a half gulp. They dry quickly and the heavy fanning helps them push out fluids.

Charging battery on camera and it is only Monday. Will give them to Wednesday to relax, get adjusted to the extra light they have to utilize. Plus developing a uniform canopy the fanning will be more directed helping to keep them on the drier side.

Cool and Keep`em Green in your worlds ...!!!

Peace... ::)

Howdy All 420 peoples and Happy Weekend. First normal work week since before Christmas and happy to get my routine back. But the girls don`t care either way and doing well. Lucked out and caught a problem before it happened. I replaced one of the timers for the LED`s last week as it was making a grinding clicking noise. If figured that was it but Monday I was hanging out in the kitchen. And their grow area is connected and it was 11:58 and they switch off at 12.

I heard one timer click off and after 3 minutes still no other noise so I peek in there. The main timer with 2 LED`s on it was showing it was 10:30, off by 1.5 hours. I just spun it by hand till it turned off but was glad I found it out now instead of later.

I did find on Amy-Zon a cool multi-timer, surge protector that has 8 plug-ins total. Four are timed and Four are always on so it solved 2 problems and $20 ++, not bad investment. For all the time and energy the grow takes. It works fine and with the new tower fan / $26 / that`s all the cash I put out so far besides seeds this winter. So I am ahead of the game in the expense area.

I found a cool deal with the fan also, it blows really well even on lowest setting. I have the fiber pots on metal racks about 1 inch off the floor. By laying the fan on it`s side and finagling it. I used a small tupper ware container on the top end to balance it out. It blows under and around the pots. Before hitting the back wall, then moving air through he canopy. Standing up even on low it was knocking the shit out of them, in 1 more month they will handle it. But this looks like a great double bang, helping to dry them out faster means more water and feeds!!

I have this applied since Monday and it dropped their pots weight by half in 3 days instead of 5. So once I turn it on it 2nd or 3rd top speed. I should be able to double waterings. These are pic`s from Thursday and they are getting comfortable from being tied down. They are starting to fill in to a circular pattern equally sharing the LED`s instead of the top at 20 inches from sweet spot, while the lower one`s are 32 to 36 inches away.

Also before I tied them down the bigger one was just about 30 inches off the ground. The bend on the main stem pulled her down 16 inches. Now a week later she has all her branches turned up to lights. And is just about 24 inches tall, it helps keep them cooler. With the air on the floor being 12-14 degrees cooler then at 2.5 feet, closer to the LED`s. Plus those Mylar sheets absorb the heat so venting is needed.

It results kind`a like a scrog set up with out having to deal with the wire of stringing them along.
This is just my theory but if you every worked with pumps / well drilling you know how much energy it takes to suck fluids up. They have formulas for "head pressure" and my idea with them being keeped low. Is the plats has that much more energy to apply else were, then trying to raise the water it needs 4 feet. It only having to pull it 2 feet has to do something for the plant ..?? my idea and just throwing it out there.

This is the timer / surge deal.....

010.JPG

And these are what they look like after being tied down.

This last one shows the LED`s and the 2 together are each 1000W and the individual one is 600W. The 600 is about the same area as the 2 1000`s combined. So every 2 days I just swap their positions and spin them 180 degrees so they get equal amount of light. Also by hanging the 600 at 16 - 18 inches compared to the 1000 at 20 -22 inches it "kind`a " equals it out.

The sides being movable I can get them nice and tight to share the lights......

11.jpg

That is whats up in their world so far. Looking to bump them to a stronger feed by next week. I got heavy last week and push one to almost 1000 PPM and it caused very slight tip burn. They are getting so much plain water it never really bothered them that much. But Fox Farms feed chart for soil said to mix to 1275 / 1400 for week 5. It just goes to show you every grow and strain is different. I am not using plain soil but 1/4 parts each: Perlite // COCO Fiber // plain TOP SOIL // Charcoal nuggets so it is a strange mixture all it`s own.

Also they have at least 120 ++ more days so what the fuck..... slow and steady wins the race.

Have a great weekend and hope all stays GREEN IN YOUR WORLDS .......... thanks for stopping by!!

...Peace.....

Howdy All 420`ers ... start of week 6 for the girls and things are rolling along just dandy.... This is second week of 20 on / 4 off. Looking to continue this for at least this week before putting them on 18/6 till their last 6 to 8 weeks. Which I will divide between 12/12 ending at 10/14. BUT that is months away .......

From Dec.7th to April 4th will be 18wks. ~ 126 days to use as a harvest guide. Where as they mentioned 140 to 150 days to " ripen " so time will tell.

The laying down of the tower fan is a golden learning experience, as it forces air completely under and around the lower portion of the fiber pots. That is where the water settles down to and forcing evaporation, while at the same time. The air is directed up UNDER the starting canopy, making it easier for them to transpire. As the air is being forced up and over, not just across the the top surface, as it would be blowing down on them. This also helps keep them rocking / swaying. Making the branches and stems tougher, able to hold up the mega buds!!!

The pic`s show them coming along and starting to make a mat of green. By the end of the month it should fill in to resemble as sea of green. Without all the work or extra steps of messing with the mesh or strings / netting. Also only being two plants has this advantage. The main purpose of bending the main stem is to get the most of the plant in the most productive area of the LED`s.

The plant grow in and outward V shape forcing the tops away from the best light. While the LED is an upside down V diminishing from center with a very fast fall off of it`s growing potential.

I can have most of each plants flowering tops at 18 to 22 inches from the LED`s for 3/4rd`s of the plants grow main cycles.
With less stress, better air circulation and twice the ability to in take of water and nuit`s. So here is where they are at in there journey .............

The first 6 are from yesterday, 2 hours before lights off.
The last pic is from 16 days ago to give you good comparison of what they have gone through........

That`s it for now and back after the weekend to come, Thanks for stopping by !!!

Keep`em Green and ...Peace.....

1578917976450.png

Howdy All start of week 7 and veg is the word here. We had 5 days back that it got a little colder then I would have liked it. I also gave them a good shot of nuit`s right before that. So they didn`t do what I that they would and they were looking a bit weak. Kinda like just before for lights off but it was 2 hours after lights come back on and they looked tired.

I ran almost a 5 gallon flush on the two of them 4 days ago and that lifted their spirits. These pic`s are minutes old and I have lights off for 10:00 AM. It is right at the end of their shift and they still have a good amount of uplift to them.

They are stretching steadily so I am lifting their chains 1 inch every other day to keep them at around 18 to 16 inches from the LED`s. Lots of filling in going on also ........I needed to keep reminding myself after 4 years of growing Auto`s nothing is wrong!!
At 7 weeks my Autos where starting their finish cycle and these girls are just hitting the peak of veg. But they are forming a nice box like shape. Sharing the light source and staying very uniform. After next week will go to 18/6 for the next 50 to 60 days, that is on them. Just a few pic`s and they are picking back up from the flush so will shoot a few more Friday to show progress, here`s a peek..........

2.jpg

That is them so far and nice tops coming out. With the flush will bump them a little bit and hope temps stay a bit warmer. Humidity is low but temps averaging a bit lower then normal this start of the week will watch them.

By the end of next week I will give them a little tie down to help spread them out a bit, but I think all is going well so far. Thanks for stopping by and be back on Friday

KEEP`EM GREEN ...and Peace.....

1579530673837.png

Back
Top Bottom