BackLip Is Back With Green Crack & Sour Jack

Welcome All!

It’s still early for me to make this journal, but I’m diving in head first. Might as well get this started.

For my second journal, I will be running one seed of green crack, from crop kings. I will be running one seed of sour jack, from crop kings. I will also be running one seed that is called Bakerstreet, from Tweed.

26B98364-3D04-4738-990A-3F8B411880B4.jpeg

The green crack is, A Skunk No. 1 cross, this strain is good enough to be named by Snoop Dogg himself. Green Crack provides an intense body high guaranteed to have you coming back for more. Citrusy sweet with hints of lemon and spice, a little goes a long way with this smooth, spacey strain. Robust plants grow quickly and often require trellising. Expect an easy grow, strong yields, and flowers maturing in only 9-10 weeks.

It’s a 70% Indica, and 30% sativa. With a high of 24.1% THC and 0.45% CBD.

The Sour Jack is, Two famous strains, Sour Diesel and Jack Herer, came together to create our Sour Jack. 70% sativa and 30% indica, Crop King Seed’s Sour Jack is an interesting hybrid. Uplifting in spirit and body, it also has a very strong body buzz, and can easily put you on the couch.

It states above, but it’s a 70% Sativa, and 30% Indica. With 16.75% THC, and 0.25% CBD. With a 9 week flowering time.

The BakerStreet by tweed is, a.k.a Hindu Kush is considered to be a pure indica strain. Hindu Kush originated from the Hindu Kush mountain range that stretches for over 500 miles between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Hindu Kush is cherished by hash makers worldwide densely-packed herbs that are famous for their resin (Hindu Kush may have been one of the first strains used to produce hash). Bakerstreet being a pure indica is also used by Tweed Main Street to create one of their most popular sleep oils.

THC is 19% and CBD is 0.07%.

Now I’ve introduced my strains. I will touch base on where their home will be, for the time being.

I’ve got Two Dark Angel and one Blue cookie in my flowering tent right now. Once they finish, the new plants will go from this box, that I built my self.

BF492388-78B5-4785-A808-FA1A299AD2DE.jpeg

to the flower tent. I will introduce my flower tent at a later date. You can always see the progress of the flower tent in my other journal called, Blue Angel 2019. click here for a shortcut.

The plants in the picture, aren’t showcased in this journal. They’re actually my two DA and one BC. So it’s an old photo, just using it as an example for my veg box.
I built my flowering tent as well, but again, will get into further detail about that, at a later date, or go check out my other journal.

The veg box is 32” wide, 2’ deep, and 18” inside to inside tall (I do believe)

it used to fit underneath my flowering tent but, I rebuilt my tent to be bigger, so the box doesn’t fit underneath anymore, as I built the stand for it, that the box sits on. You can see the frame of my tent to the left of the box in my picture above.

Up next I will post a couple pictures of the building of the box.

F6D1E262-E372-480A-AF70-7AB2CED701DA.jpeg

This is a picture of the box, with the friction fit cover on. ^

I will post a couple more pictures of the construction of said box.

EDF655FE-8546-44EE-8CB9-0C9AAA8BB25B.jpeg

The Frame^
0E9C9B7B-E146-4F2D-9DAB-C882792DA0F2.jpeg

The cover beside the box^
D8B40963-CC3A-4D99-82C1-A45F6F8DF6E7.jpeg

the box without the door on ^

The plants will be grown under a small 2’ T5 light, until they go to big leagues.

Enough about the box, you will see it enough, in every update.

The soil I have chosen for this run, isn’t what I normally use. I recently have been using 100% earth worm castings, mixed 50/50 with perlite. I’ve had great, great results with using that medium.

Unfortunately, I could not find the bags of “pamper your plants” (it was called) so I had to improvise.

I bought a (I think it was) a 60 lb. brick of this.

9482F6EC-9A1A-4742-B852-0E41BABFDDCD.jpeg

I’ve never grown in this stuff before.. did I make the right choice with this medium?

I also bought a bag of perlite to go with this. Later on finding out that this medium already has perlite in with it. I’m a lil nervous using this stuff. I’m definitely standing outside my comfort zone. I’m sure everything will be fine, but I won’t know for sure until I try it out.

I will be feeding them, with my nutrient line I use.
84E94732-D20C-4E66-AC93-6A62F1E4D459.jpeg

There is the Three part system, micro, grow, and bloom. I have Super B+ that is a stress reliever, added when necessary. I’ve got sensi cal mag extra, added in every other feeding. Then I have my early, mid, and late flower nutrients.

I Will be starting out the process, how I always do, germinating them, in nuke warm water, in a shot glass, placed in a dark cupboard for 12-24 hours, or at least until they sink.

Then I will be, placing them in a damp paper towel, folded twice, and in a sandwich baggy, left somewhat open. I do that, because I’m a busy person and don’t have time to constantly come back to it through out the day and make sure the cloth is still wet. It acts as a “humidity dome” and keeps the cloth nice and moist. Still allow an air hole (baggy left open) to let it, somewhat breath.

Once germinated, and I nice tap root has started. I will be dropping them in a peat puck, and into my humidity dome, until they sprout, and I see roots come out the bottom. Once established they will go into a small pot, similar in size as a solo cup, maybe a lil bit bigger though. Once established in those pots, they will be transplanted into a bit bigger of a pot, (1 gal I do believe). Once established, by then I hope my flowering plants will be finished. They go into a 5 gal cloth pot, and into the tent. I won’t flip them right away, but let them grow, and take up the entire space of my tent, and hit that switch to flip them. It’s going to be a fun ride.:surf:

I look forward to this next run. As it may be my last for a while.

I Hope you all join me on the festivities.

Im now going to let this journal sit, until I have something else to update on.

My veg box, is sitting idle at the moment, and I hear a lil voice screaming at me to get these damn seeds started. I keep telling Jim to shut up, have some patience. My veg box is pretty small, so with previous grows, I’ve learned to just hold off, not to shoot my self in the foot, and wait till I’m at least halfway done my flowering plants. If you follow my other journal. You know who Jim is, if not, you will soon find out.

peace, and love to all!
:passitleft:

Great choice on base soil :thumb: well I cannot say how it works with the nutrient line-up; however, I use the Pro-Mix HP in all my grows. I add worm casting and my dry amendments to it.

Great choice on base soil :thumb: well I cannot say how it works with the nutrient line-up; however, I use the Pro-Mix HP in all my grows. I add worm casting and my dry amendments to it.

hey G! Welcome aboard!

that’s awesome to hear! So I’m very unfamiliar with this soil, what nutrients do you use? Or do you just top feed?

The Squatch is in bro!

hey squatch! I’m happy to have you along!

nothing too exciting happening yet, but I will be soon dropping those beans in water. Then the party will be started!!

right now, I just want to get a feeling for this soil I will be using. :thumb:

I add in 1 part worm casting to 4 parts Pro-Mix HP and 1 Tbsp per Gal of soil of the Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4. Than I mix the s#@* out of it till I feel it is mixed thoroughly.

I add in 1 part worm casting to 4 parts Pro-Mix HP and 1 Tbsp per Gal of soil of the Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4. Than I mix the s#@* out of it till I feel it is mixed thoroughly.

Do you not feed liquid nutrients at All?
Your basically making your self a super soil eh?
interesting!!

Benefits of Mycorrhizae
Mycorrhizal
fungi allow plants to draw more nutrients and water from the soil. They also increase plant tolerance to different environmental stresses. Moreover, these fungi play a major role in soil aggregation process and stimulate microbial activity.

I think you made a very decent choice

Hi BLS I am here to enjoy your journey :)
Also interested to know how others are feeding their plants in this medium. I am sure it is very similar to what I am using, a peat / perlite mix?
My nutes look similar too, just under a different brand. I am curious about the rich soil mix. I know of a farmer who uses a combination of fermented mangos and molasses to nutrify his plants and he swears by that method. I have no idea what he actually does with it though.
Best wishes for this next grow.

Benefits of Mycorrhizae
Mycorrhizal
fungi allow plants to draw more nutrients and water from the soil. They also increase plant tolerance to different environmental stresses. Moreover, these fungi play a major role in soil aggregation process and stimulate microbial activity.

Can they be introduced to the coco perlite mix? Where do you get them from?

I'm in! Nice starter kit :thumb:.

But that bottle lineup pic reminds me of why I went to MegaCrop :).

I run ProMix HP for everything now, straight out of the bag. It's got a lot of perlite in it already so I don't add more.
I use promix with about 10-20% added perlite for my drain to waste setups.
Is that to the HP or BX? The HP is already around 35% perlite and drains really quickly.

Benefits of Mycorrhizae
Mycorrhizal

thanks bro! Look at you! Sounding all scientific! That’s great to hear man! I look forward to trying this soil out!

Hi BLS I am here to enjoy your journey :)
Also interested to know how others are feeding their plants in this medium. I am sure it is very similar to what I am using, a peat / perlite mix?
My nutes look similar too, just under a different brand. I am curious about the rich soil mix. I know of a farmer who uses a combination of fermented mangos and molasses to nutrify his plants and he swears by that method. I have no idea what he actually does with it though.
Best wishes for this next grow.
Welcome aboard Carmen!!happy to have ya!

that’s an interesting combo with mangos and molasses! that’s definitely interesting!!:thumb:

I run ProMix HP for everything now, straight out of the bag. It's got a lot of perlite in it already so I don't add more.

Is that to the HP or BX? The HP is already around 35% perlite and drains really quickly.

awesome! Welcome! Shed! Happy to have you along!

yeah the nutrient line has been real good to me, but the simplicity in mega crop, is oh so intriguing! Once I run out of these nutrients I may have to just try it out. Everybody that’s using it, has great results, no doubt!:thumb:

thanks everyone for joining so far!:yahoo:

Look at you! Sounding all scientific!
Haha a that was literally a quick search as I have heard that name come up a lot and it was a golden opportunity to both gain and pass knowledge

That's the HP for every five gallons of pro mix hp I add about one gallon of perlite.

I keep the medium quite wet, adding the perlite helps the roots keep breathing. Don't use it outside like that or you'll have to just leave the hose running on them.

@Backlipslide You keep saying soil, it's not soil though. There is no nutritional value in promix to support a plant beyond a seedling. It's a soilless medium.
You can make it into a soil/super soil with extra amendments, but until then it's just a big sponge to hold nutrient solution for your plants.

Your going to love the green crack. I don't smoke that much as I have a pretty low tolerance and find some strains can give me anxiety but I do enjoy a good buzz after a few hits to relax after work now and then. I'm growing mostly for my wife as she smokes a lot more but of all the strains I've tried I think I like green crack the most. The high is always energetic and positive.

Back
Top Bottom