Bad Reputation for California MMJ Patients

MadMike

I just saw a report on a local news station about a neighbor annoyed by a next door backyard grow. The plants were numerous, visible, and poking outside a fence. The owner of the grow looked like a typical gang banger and became hostile at the camera. People need to understand this is a collective effort to decriminalize Cannabis, and that means tactful and responsible conduct is a must. I get tired of seeing people fulfill the bad stereotype attributed to Cannabis. Even the pop culture, adolescent behavior exhibited by those who are well past the teenage years is just ridiculous. They need to wake up. Like many other Constitutional rights that need to be energized by promotion of the 10th Amendment to beat the federal oppression of our citizens, it will only succeed if we are philosophical to the rest of the public. I hear very little about states rights these days from the progressive left dominating California politics unless it applies to medical Cannabis. And even then, I know damn well it is because some political hack sees the opportunity to find another commodity to control and place excessive taxation upon.

I agree, we will get alot further and alot faster if growers act professional and take their neighbors feelings into consideration. Older folks like my in-laws were raised on bogus info like refer madness and still believe that one will turn out to be a murderer or a heroin addict in days just from smoking pot. I have been growing and medicating the whole 11 years that my wife and I have been married and the whole time my Mother-In-Law turns her nose up in the air and makes comments about the feds and my kids, etc... Not once have I heard her say one positive thing.

We barely have the right to grow legally in California, and we have to be responsible with it. A lot of counties have ordinances against outdoor grows, yet every week in the news another dumbass gets caught with a crazy amount of plants & tries to play the medical grow card. It's even worse when the grower shoots someone robbing them. This isn't Texas, you can't just shoot someone! (Even though the thieving bastards deserve it and much more) Keep the grows with in the letter of the law. That way we don't look like assholes.

We barely have the right to grow legally in California, and we have to be responsible with it. A lot of counties have ordinances against outdoor grows, yet every week in the news another dumbass gets caught with a crazy amount of plants & tries to play the medical grow card

State law allows individuals to grow (outdoors or indoors ) according to the legal limits. The minimum legal limit for anywhere in California is 6 mature plants and 12 immature plants. No county can trump state law and lower the legal limit to zero. However counties can increase the legal limit.

Of course it may be federally illegal, that is a different story. County officials are responsible to regulate, and make sure sure the gardens are operating within the city limits.

Despite your judgement on " how, or why somebody who LOOKS the way they do, or acts the way they do" - that is not up to you. If the county officials find that the garden is illegal, than obviously the patient must stand-up to the court of Law and defend themself.

Obviously it would not be wise to have a huge garden in plain view of other neighbors, infact cities do have certain rules as to "where " the garden might be. But the counties cannot ban a patient from cultivating a small amount of personal medicine.

I think the people who are making prop 215 look bad are the people making millions and millions off of multiple dispensary chains, when clearly it is strictly a for-profit motive, and they do not give care to the patient when weighing their meds. It is a strict on the point basis.

As an individual grower, you should only need to grow what you need. To argue one person needs 160 pounds until next harvest, well I think they would have a hard time explaining why in court. The point is, if your growing to grow a 7 foot plant with 4 neighbors within 10 feet of the plant, be ready to show your paper work to the Sherrifs, or worse if they want they could make you fight it in court where it will likely get repealed ( based on case), which is a waste of tax-payers money. But there does need to be some regulations...

It is one of the biggest red-herrings in world history.

This thing we do is being billed as medicine! Hence the greed factor. or is that not what we have perpetuated here in this land of the free home of the brave? I think this thing we do should be made available to those whom need it and may have trouble obtaining it for money reasons or legit reasons. When we stop thinking in terms of what we can get from something and start thinking what we can do for those in the ranks who are not looking for the money aspect. I know this has gone on since man became upright and walked.

Back
Top Bottom