Bad seed or bad gardener?

Old Hippy 127

I germinate in a closed canopy (Covered tray). In Jiffy 7 pods. Temp is between 70 - 72 F. High humidity. Water adjusted to 6.4 PH.

I received 14 seeds from a UK seed bank, and put them in the germination bed. My germination rate for the ten 2 Fast & 2 vast strain was 30%. The germination rate of the free seeds (4 total) was 100%!

Do you think I got some old, or improperly stored seed? My usual germination rate with this method is over 90%.

I germinate in a closed canopy (Covered tray). In Jiffy 7 pods. Temp is between 70 - 72 F. High humidity. Water adjusted to 6.4 PH.

I received 14 seeds from a UK seed bank, and put them in the germination bed. My germination rate for the ten 2 Fast & 2 vast strain was 30%. The germination rate of the free seeds (4 total) was 100%!

Do you think I got some old, or improperly stored seed? My usual germination rate with this method is over 90%.

Yeah could be a bad seeds is my guess

That's what I'm thinking too. The rate for the free seeds is the clue. The seed bank is waffling on making this right, so, as a public service, I think outing them is OK. SeedSupreme

That's what I'm thinking too. The rate for the free seeds is the clue. The seed bank is waffling on making this right, so, as a public service, I think outing them is OK. SeedSupreme
I appreciate this. Seed Supreme is known to be iffy and send bad or incorrect genetics. I have heard a story of a breeder with one pack if a rare genetic strain and 2 people ordered it with only 1 pack left in stock! Also Bonza should be avoided as they not only don't give vreeder packs but they put them in this plastic container that has holes inside(think like a round birth control pill case all loose in little squares. MANY have received when grown incorrect strains or they get loose and mixed up during shippingbso u dont know which strain is which. They can have 10 or so strains in the same small case.

Also AMS and 420 are OK but they are overpriced and just put beans in baggies with printed name label.

I suggest you check out The Vault. I used to use herbies, and attitude but they all dont take CC including The Vault. But I paid in cash and 16 days after sending the requires registered tracked money in carbon in priority envelope, I had my order. They dont have HUGE freebie deals like many others but (u have to pay extra but it's WELL WORTH IT) in 16 days I had my seeds well stealthy packedbin breeder packs even the 2 small freebies.
420-magazine-mobile1468405555.jpg

This is what I received but you KNOW they are focuses on quality. They have guaranteed delivery. I am not a Rep or anything man, haven't ordered beans in couple years. Just a satisfied customer.
They also let you CHOOSE your freebies from a small list. So I liked that also. I will use em again. Seedsman takes CC and I've heard good things about them getting packages to people but their personal genetics especially white label could be ALOT better and are weak as they use lower quality plants to keep cost down. I have 10 Afghani seeds from an old Herbies order that was one if my freebies. I read into em as no breeder was listed. They we're "unreleased seedsman overstock" that was curiously never for sale. Almost everyone that grew it as by review gave em out for 3 years or so said it hardly had any yield and stayed bare 5 weeks into flower. So ive yet to try em as I don't wanna waste dirt. And I've read many other horror stories.

Gorilla I can also honestly recommend. But avoid GYO also if u can as they are a possible "breeders pack extension of Bonza. Don't bother despite them taking CC. This is just my 2¢ as i like to be helpful. If you like good genetics check out old school.ba. I HIGHLY support them and they have relations with the amazing Reeferman! Avoid Crap King I mean Crop King Seeds also as their selection is poor and many mutants and poor genetics come from em. Not all but lots.

Really I've found (not always just for the most part) that if many freebies are offered it's a VEEY HIGH/GOOD chance they are making up for poor service and quality with lower prices and many extras. Please don't quote me on this, just speaking from MANY hours of research and experience.

Best of luck on your grow! Once I try one of the beans I got from the pic either the 1 Fem Seedsman Mazari, 1 Fem RQS Special Kush #1, or my Holy Grail the Williams Wonder brought back from 16 old seeds from The Super Sativa Seed Club old stock. I am VERY excited to have this amazing perfect potential Pre-Soviet invasion Afghanica.

Be good and Stay Lifted OldHippy. Have a Dank Day!! . . . . . .

I used to use Herbies, till they stopped taking US credit cards. I was very satisfied with them. I'll check the vault next time. Between previous orders for seeds, one new order, and the free seeds, I populated my grow space. Which is what I care most about. I grow under t5 lights, and have had some good luck with them.

Buds96.JPG

Peace, and thanks for the very appreciated post!

Back
Top Bottom