Bad seeds?

smokinthe719

:smokin:
i keep getting seedlings that get to the first set of pointed leafs then turn yellow and die????
im using top soil
:popcorn: no food yet
tap water that sets for a while before i use it
6 CFL lights i have a tottal of 11000lumens of bluesh daylight CLFS
lights are on 18/6
temps get to 80-90F during lights on and 60-70F lights off
box is ply wood
2 PC intake fans and 1 big exhause PC
temps seem to be ok even tho they get high
my problem is i have 2 plants 3 days old still in their plastic cups
but i had 4
1 went yellow died
then the other yellow and died
those 2 that died also were growing very slowly?
the other to already look a week old??????
could this be bad seeds or what i am stumped here
every plant was watered the same amount the same time every other day
also each plant gets 4 hours of sunlight each day i was told that this helps?
but i keep sproutin seed and the new ones dont make it wtf is going on i payed 12 buck a piece for these seeds???????
PLEASE HELP
:rollit: :thanks: :rollit:

Re: Bad seeds????????

oh i forgot the seeds are
OG KUSH
AND
ALASKEN ICE
thing that sucks is i mixed the seeds my mustake and they look the same so i dont know which seeds are yellowing after little growth
i plan on breading them both so i am hoping for 3 females and 1 male out of ten seeds i have 1 AI doing good and 1 OGK doing good all others i mixed after planting the first 4 and 3 have died i have 5 seeds left and the 2 that are still growing really fast
any help is greatly takin

Re: Bad seeds????????

There is a lot of info missing here, but it sounds like you're running up against a ph issue. Lose the topsoil and buy good soil...fox farm OF is about the best going and can be had for 20-25 usd per bag. Be sure to ph balance your water to between 6.3-6.8 and quit using tap water...even if you let it set for a couple of days, it's still better to use r/o or distilled water. Get yourself a soil test kit to determine what your soil ph is, these can be purchased at any home improvement center for around 10 usd. You could also check the runoff of your water to deterimine the ballpark ph.

I would also stop with the direct sunlight...the plants haven't been hardened off and the sunlight could very well be adding to the problem.

Get good soil...check ph...pick one light source and I'm sure your plants will do much better.

i dont have money to go buy al of that and spending 25 dollars on soil is not my price rang i have to do this cheap and they dont sell fox farm here in colorado near me any ways
is far as info goes i tryed to add all i can think of i have only grown once before and i have a buddy helpin me now i am on my own doin it he took his PH tester so now i dont have one and i cant buy one either
ill stop the sun light and stick with my CFL's

Back
Top Bottom