Bag Seed 12/12 From The Start

I think the A-zone is going to have some.

71AeW-ty4kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

General Hydroponics CALiMAGic 1-0-0

Yes, even up to a half teaspoon per liter, if needed.

I would add some now. Then next time you water, give her half of the Epsom salt solution, and then half your regular nute solution.

So, not really a flush. Just water to 10-20% runoff. Then feed next time with CalMag.

So the last time I watered was Saturday, which was 1L ofmy normal nute mix 1/2 tsp TB and 1/4 tsp molasses. Then later on in the afternoon I gave 1/3 of a liter bottle of 1/2 tsp of epsom salt in the full liter. In the three days since my soil is still fairly soaked, even with ample drainage holes. Maybe due to the addition of the water bowl by the intake possibly raising the humidity. I’m thinking if I let it dry out way more it will start recovering. I may just let it dry out all the way until the calmag comes Friday. But I think my soil just lacks enough perlite to breath properly. Any suggestions on a non stressful way to aerate?

Chi when my seedlings were starving for oxygen and i over watered, i sprayed with ph water and a capful per gal of ho2 peroxide. it kept her oxygenated until the soil dried out. she would perk up in about an hr. supposed to do at lights out and i didn't realize so i got some burn spots on leaves. no much.

thankfully you have cal mg on the way. since it's a short grow for you, if i wonder if powdered milk would help a cal crisis in a pinch?

Ive been doing a foliar spray with epsom salt to help with the magnesium deficiency, but I do remember vaguely reading that in an article. I’m just afraid to keep throwing different remedies at her and hoping something sticks lol.
I was relying on a water report from early 18 for my pH number so I think that may have played a bigger role than I suspected. That’s the reason for the switch to spring water.
It’s just a matter of letting her soil dry out and giving her a good calmag/ tiger bloom feeding with more reliable water.

Chi when my seedlings were starving for oxygen and i over watered, i sprayed with ph water and a capful per gal of ho2 peroxide. it kept her oxygenated until the soil dried out. she would perk up in about an hr. supposed to do at lights out and i didn't realize so i got some burn spots on leaves. no much.

thankfully you have cal mg on the way. since it's a short grow for you, if i wonder if powdered milk would help a cal crisis in a pinch?
I’m currently trying to fix what I was told and agree is a magnesium deficiency. Not calcium. But the calmag will help either way I’m hoping.

I genuinely think the calmag and the water change will help. It’s just a matter of waiting for her to dry out before I am able to start that. But I had asked earlier is there a way to aerate the soil without stressing the plant? Turning the soil around the edges or something? I want to make any changes I can to bring her back to healthy growing and fattening up. The hairs are changing to orange on the lower buds but they’re just pitiful in size. I hope they put on some weight after all this.

Any suggestions on a non stressful way to aerate?

To aerate the existing soil? Not really. You could try using a skewer to poke holes into the soil. You will probably hit a few roots doing so, which may not be so good.

Take advantage of your low humidity and increase the air circulation, to help improve transpiration.

I’m also going to stop trusting my tap water, de chlorinated or not. I’m gonna use regular old meijer spring water. 89 cents a gallon. I’m not going with distilled so let me k ow if there are any variables with spring water I should be aware of. The pH was reported on the website as 6.9.

Many water departments use chloramines instead of chlorine, which do not evaporate. The spring water is probably a good move, albeit expensive.

I was relying on a water report from early 18

Out of curiosity, what does that water report say about alkalinity? Is it above 120 ppm?

To aerate the existing soil? Not really. You could try using a skewer to poke holes into the soil. You will probably hit a few roots doing so, which may not be so good.

Take advantage of your low humidity and increase the air circulation, to help improve transpiration.

Many water departments use chloramines instead of chlorine, which do not evaporate. The spring water is probably a good move, albeit expensive.

Out of curiosity, what does that water report say about alkalinity? Is it above 120 ppm?
In late August it was at exactly 100

In late August it was at exactly 100

Is that the dry time where you live? 100 is not bad, but will raise the pH of your soil over time, no matter the pH of your nutrient solution. Excessively high soil pH will lock out some nutrients like iron, and cause problems in general. Not saying this is what you’re dealing with, but changing to a water with lower alkalinity can only help.
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom