Bag Seed & Autoflower - Closet - CFL - Grow - 2nd Grow

Todabloo

Hello. :) This is my first journal ever and my second grow ever. I have some bagseed (which I'm told is Maui Wowie, but can't be sure) germinated and in solo cups currently. 1 sprouted this morning and the other 2, having been planted a day later, haven't broke soil. I also have some autoflower seeds on the way of the following strains:
Blue Diesel
Afghan Skunk
Big Cheese

All purchased from Attitude.

-----SETUP-----
-LIGHTS-:
2 13W 800 Lumen Spiral CFL's
2 23W 1350 Lumen Spiral CFL's
(Will be upgrading to 12 23W 1650 Lumen Spiral's in a couple weeks)
I also have 2 halogen floodlights hung about a foot and a half above the other lights to keep the closet warm, as it drops to the mid 60's at night otherwise. I may switch to a small heater, but I believe it would be far too much heat for the small space.
Also using double-layered camping blankets for reflectors. Will be upgrading to mylar eventually but I'm honestly not worried about it for now.
-SOIL-:
Strained local soil. Very soft and loamy once I removed all the large debris (what I mean by strained) with about 15% perlite added.
-NUTRIENTS-
Homemade organic fertilizer. Made mostly from grass trimmings, bush trimmings; and crushed chia seeds, which I noticed had a VERY high P and K value when I was looking at the nutrition facts. (Which I'm unsure if that's how that works, or if there's any additives that may affect plant growth or soil negatively, someone let me know please)
-SEEDS-
Bagseed [Maui Wowie?]
(Also waiting on the autoflowers listed above to arrive. Don't know where I'll put them yet. :laugh:)

Anyway, I think that's all the info I need for now. Let me know if you wanna know anything else!

Seedling that sprouted this morning.
20160127_194237.JPG

All 3 plants together, 2 on the right in the baggies are the newest.
160127_194337270.jpg

My nutrient mix
160127_194740359.jpg

The halogens I have above the CFL setup for heat. Anyone ever have problems with chilly grow rooms? Let me know of better solutions! Keep in mind the room is tiny, so electric heaters probably aren't the best option for the plants.
160127_194421758.jpg

ALSO, I have another seed germing currently that will be planted tonight, so there will more than likely be 4 plants next time I post pics. :)

But anyway, here are some pictures of my first grow for everyone to look at since most of these beginning stage pictures are pretty boring to look at quite frankly.

ess1453946669937.jpg

ess1453946715456.jpg

re: Bag Seed & Autoflower - Closet - CFL - Grow - 2nd Grow

Got the fourth seed planted, as well as all 4 plants in a new home I built. Still only the first seedling has broke soil yet. Seems to be growing very quickly already though. Pics soon. :)

Nice nice! Plant from the 1st go round looked really good! How was that smoke? :lot-o-toke: lolz well welcome to :420: grow room! ill troll along n watch your grow with ya. Any questions, feel free to ask. This place is like encycloweedica britanica! :thumb: :Namaste:

Had to harvest a liiiittle early bc of a fungus gnat infestation, so taste was a little premature, was potent for SURE though. Looking for some real results on the 2nd time around :riskybusiness: But anyway, thanks for the welcome man I appreciate it! :)

New home for the plants. Decided to go with 8 23W 1620 Lumen spiral's (I think I said 1650 up top, oops). I also have 2 cheap 17W grow lights in the back for a little more broad of a spectrum. Another seedling has broke soil, but there isn't much to look at yet so; Also, sorry for the dark contrasted picture, not sure why it came out like that.
160128_165117035.jpg

So...I've decided...

I'm gonna build a grow "tent" soon. I'm going with the PVC method, which I'm sure a lot of people will be familiar with. The dimensions will be 7'x2'x28", which I'm HOPING I'll be able to fit 5-6 plants into, as I'll be finishing the plants in 3 gallon smart pots. I'll be going out tomorrow to pick up all the PVC pieces I need, and probably something I can make a hood out of, some more power strips,extension cords,bulbs etc, as I want some side lighting as well as more lumens in general for later. I probably won't piece anything together until the Panda Film comes in the mail though. I don't really want a huge PVC box sitting around my house in the meantime. :) that's all for now, peace

Nice plan, can't wait to see the tent project.

Sent from my QMV7A using 420

Keep it up, looking nice so far. I like that you have done your own soil and nutes, I will be egerly following along to watch your progress. Keep it up.

Thanks man :) appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by as well

I've just ordered Fox Farm trio nutrients/soil for the plants rather than going with the Black Gold soil /organic fertilizer. I feel as if I don't have enough experience to get the best results I can from organic fertilizers, which is what I'm looking for right now, so I chose Fox Farm, which I'll probably use the whole way through accordingly. I also bought 10 2 gal. smart pots which I'll be finishing the plants in. I'm hoping I can fit maybe 6 plants in the long run with their given dimensions of the pots :) here is 4 days progress on the largest sprout for the journal:
011018.jpg
02707.jpg
03704.jpg
04505.jpg

GUYS, I NEED HELP!!!
I decided that I wanted to create a perpetual set-up. Has anyone ever accomplished this with 1 tent structure? I don't see this very often, but I thought that it could be done with what I have. The two problems I will need to prepare for obviously are light leakage and space. The dimensions of the tent will be 7'x2'x28", and the canvas will be panda film. I was thinking that the panda film would eliminate the light leakage problem if I were to simply create two rooms out of it within the frame. But I don't know if the tent will be big enough, what do you think? I planned to have the bottom maybe 30 inches high for vegging plants, and the other 54 inches on top for flowering. Also, I took into consideration the size of the pots that I will be finishing the plants in, which is around 8 inches tall. Would a perpetual harvest be possible using solo cups for seedling/beginning of veg, then 2 gallon smart pots up top for flower?

Thats a tough one my dude.. With out seein what you are workin with in detail idk.. I built a 1.5'x3'x3' tent out of pvc pipe and reflectix insulated double reflective roll insulation with 8 cfls, 2 power strips and all the other goodies needed for under 100 bucks.. im just now diggin that tent back out to use as my veg tent as im plannin on goin perpetual too. ( I normally take the 4 hard winter months off)..

I think the space will be sufficient, but I'm worried about light leakage. I think that Panda Film will do the trick though, any experience with it yourself? I know reflectix like you use in your space ship is probably quite a bit better, but that film is gonna be soooo easy to get a tight seal on as apposed to those mylar rolls. I may just make a second box and throw it in the corner of my room or something if it doesn't work out.

All the plants coming along great. 4th smallest plant never ended up coming through, and I went ahead and germed another one really quick and planted it, and it sprouted yesterday morning. (been keeping up the journal mostly with the biggest plant, as it has the quickest progress :)) been misting the soil daily for the smaller plants. The biggest plant got it's first real watering 3 days ago, now it's time for the two others as well. Got my Panda Film today, but my full order wasn't shipped apparently. (From Dealzer) So I didn't get my nutrients or soil. Anyone had problems with them yourselves? Hoping I can get this straightened out, but no reply back so far. Oh, also got my aeration pots in the mail too. Went with Viagrow 2 gallon, thinking I can fit quite a few plants for my space with these. So anyway, the tent will be built VERY soon. Pics of it next post probably. That's all for now, peace!:)

Also, let me know if there's something I'm doing wrong, or something that could be done better etc at any point PLEASE. I made this journal because I thought it would be fun obviously, but more importantly because it helps me to keep track of what I'm doing roughly on a weekly basis for the plants. But I'd also like to receive any feedback that will improve how I grow, or share anything I know, however little, that will improve how someone else grows. Thought I'd add this while I thought of it rather than clog up the forum w/ a new post so soon. :thumb:

Aha! Ended up getting my nutrients and soil in a different shipment. How soon should I use my FF Grow Big on my seedlings? I was thinking that the biggest one could probably be given some at 1/4 strength on day 14.

FF grow big gets used throughout almost the entire life of the plant. 15ml per gallon. or approx 4ml per l. I had the FF feeding chart with me yesterday but i forgot it at my space lab. Id start at 1ml per l at week2 from germ, feeding every other watering. Then up it to 2.5 ml per l at end week 3. then full 4-5 ml per l at end of wk 4. Start out light tho. Your plant will show you how its responding to the nutes pretty quick. If you over feed on accident no biggie. Just give her a fresh water flush and let her recover for a few days. reintroduce nutes at 1/2 strength after. :thumb:

Just gave my biggest seedling a tiny amount of Grow Big this morning (day 11) in distilled water. Like a tiny amount, less than quarter strength. I would've waited until week 2 or 3 for the first feeding, but the plant needed to be in different soil ASAP, as mine was shrinking up and getting too hard. Thought the Grow Big would be a good push for the early transplant. Seems to be happy thus far. :) but yes, like Stihl Logger said, Grow Big from first feeding to flowering (I believe), or just whatever you decide is best!

Back
Top Bottom