TommyGunnz Tries Green Crack & Pineapple Express

ItsTommyGunnz

Hi everyone, Tommy Gunnz is back again to give it another go here in Ireland.
I have 10 seeds that I found in some bud that I bought so i'm going to give one a shot and see what happens, not sure if i'm going to do this indoor or outdoor yet seen as this is best time of year to do an outdoor but the worst country for one, what do you all think is best in your opinions and why?

I was thinking of starting off indoors and maybe moving outside when its a bit older and stronger depending on what kind of summer we get because i'm in Ireland and the weather here isn't always good or predictable lol.

I'm also going to go buy some proper feminized seeds in the coming weeks maybe an auto as there best to grow in our type of climate, what type of strains would you recommend and which would you most like to watch me grow?

I'm off now to set up everything and then germinate this bitch (I hope its a bitch! ;)). I'll post some pics in a while when everything is up and running.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions and recommendations and hope you will tag along on this journey.

So here we have my bag seed germinating, i'm just going to name it random shit or (RS), hoping and praying that it is female!

Im using coco for this grow, I'm hydrating it at the moment in a 10L pot which I plan to plant directly in.

I have the box all set up with the fan and lights I can't seem to find my thermometer/hygrometer so I need to have a look around while the seed is sitting in water. I have everything else waiting on standby too as in the pH up&down, bio grow and I was planning on using bio bloom but I have a full bottle of advanced hydroponics of holland 2: bloom or (AHH2: Bloom) so I'm going to be using that for this grow.

As some of you might know last 2 grows I had were ruined by little crawlers so i'll also be using an organic neem oil spray to keep them away if the moment occurs (fingers crossed that it wont have to be used!)

I'm having a small bit of trouble trying to upload the rest of the pics so I will post again later a picture of the lights and fan that I am using.

Got the pictures up! :slide:
So, i'm using a 9v clip on fan with a high and low setting.

I have one full spectrum LED light bar (10V, 2000mA = 20watt)

Then I have two CFL lights at 100watt each.

So altogether i'm working with 220watts, it's not alot but it's enough to get something, I might pick up another CFL and maybe another LED bar then i'll have 340watts to work with but we'll see how it goes first. I don't have high expectations for this grow and the box i'm using is only capable of one plant at a time so if this turns out to be a male I might just cry lol.

Maybe if we all pray hard enough it will turn out female :adore:. Seed should be ready for planting in couple days so i'll be back to you all then! :peace:

Testing everything today to make sure its all working and in order. My RS seed has popped after only 2 days in the water, it's probably ready to be buried but i'm going to leave it another day and stick her in the dirt tomorrow.
As you can see in the pic I have the pot sitting there just waiting for my little girl 'hopefully girl' to join it.
Can't wait to get started with this grow! Just hope that we have no problems along the way and that everything runs smoothly.

I'll update everyone tomorrow again, tomorrow is the day we can get the train moving. I'm off to smoke a fat one now!:smokin:

Here we go :D!! RS seed has germinated and is now in the ground, last few days have been good to us here too so if the good weather keeps up I'll be moving it outside after 4-8 weeks depending on growth.

Today for example we have temperatures of 19-21°C, an RH of 46% and plenty of sunshine with a slight little breeze now and again :). Probably the best we can hope for here in Ireland really.

Heres a pic of the RS seed germinated and a pic of it buried in the pot (just gave it a small watering after planting - around 20-40ml pH was at 5.7)
Now its just the waiting around for a head to show.

Just a quick update on this grow.

I'm using a homemade grow box (2' x 3' x 10').
I have paper around the inside as a reflector for light (Flat white is supposed to be best!).
I have a 9'' clip on fan with high and low setting.
2x '20W' Full spectrum LEDs
2x '100W' CFLs
Heater on standby for when temps drop (If they do!).
10L pot that i'm planting directly in (With added drainage holes).

I'm growing in coco.
I'll be using bio grow for veg and advanced hydroponics of holland 2: bloom for flowering.

My plan is to let it grow indoors for 6-8 weeks until it's big and strong then it will be moved to outdoors depending on weather conditions as well. Another reason for waiting the 6-8 weeks is because its a bag seed and I want to wait to be able to tell its sex before placing it outside and wasting my time on a male plant.

So I have planted my RS seed yesterday, currently waiting to see any signs of life.
The conditions of the box are as follows:
Temp - 23°C
RH - 48%

I have the fan on its low setting pointing away from the actual pot itself.
I only have the 2 20watt LEDs running at the moment when a head shows i'll switch on the 2 CFLs also.

I watered again today with plain water, gave about 50ml (pH 5.6), i'll start to introduce the biogrow at 1/4 strength between day 7 and 10 after surfacing.

My temps are going to be a bit on the low side but that's because the hottest we will get here in Ireland is usually 23-25°C and I don't want the plant to get a shock and stunt when I move it outdoors so i'm trying to keep indoor temperatures the same as what they will be outside.

Day 2 under the ground.
Still no signs of life yet.
Temperature was at 19°C and RH at 79% this morning so I've turned the fan off and left the heater on for a few minutes.
I put some bowls of rice around the box too and managed to get conditions to 21°C with RH at 61%
Still not the best environment but it seems to be best I can get it to today.

Spreading her wings at 1 day old, just a pic i got before lights out.
My lighting schedule is 18/6 from here until flowering (18 on, 6 off. Lights out from 11pm - 5am).
I've turned on the CFLs now too.
Now the excitement is starting to hit :yahoo:
This first week or so is going to drag I can't help but keep looking in to see any changes.
She seems to be enjoying her environment though.

Only thing she was leaning a bit more toward the CFLs probably because they have more power than the LED light so I moved them more to the center to straighten the plant.

Alright Tommy. From what I've read the CFLs are better for veg than flower...and as I write that you just posted to say you have em on...never mind. All the best lad. What was the 'critter' problem you had in previous grows? Did you get the better of it? I thought I was getting greenfly on my current grow but I think I got it early by pure chance. I hate those fuckers!

Hi Thirsty, I was starting to think I was the only person in here. :welcome:
I had critter problems on 2 grows of mine, first I got fungus gnats and on my second grow I got root aphids. I never got the better of either of them and my crop was destroyed.. the one with root aphids did flower but it was really small only about 0.2g after drying and it was covered in the aphids so I just threw it in the bin.

Just realized I had the pictures on private, I've changed them to public so hope you and everyone else can see them now!

Nice to have you here btw!

howdy my bru, I like your set up ( DIY in any shape or form ) nice and tidy. don't know if you had a 1st journal up but it's nice to meet you.
I've got 2 haze auto regular seeds going in box very much like yours.....:high-five: you can't go wrong with CFLs in your set up and the LEDs are doing fine as well, I use 4 85w CFL and place for 6 23w CFL if needed.

I'm glad to see your young un is looking all healthy and chipper. I work with soil ( nothing crazy. ) earth worm poop and soil......lol so interesting it's going to be watching you as never tried a coco grow so I'll be learning long the way.....:goodjob::Namaste:

For mites n aphids, try garlic clove and chilli blitzed and boiled in water and let it cook abit , once cool strain and a drop or 2 oil and a drop dish wash liquid and spray 1-2 daily.....hope it helps if the buggers come out to play....
Welcome Smeegol, glad to have you! I have a neem oil spray made up which is basically the same idea 1 or 2 sprays a day that should do the trick. Hopefully I wont have to use it at all though ;)

Day 2 today.
Temp: 22°C
RH: 76%

Humidity is a bit high today so I've put some rice back in there. Other than that the plant is looking really good and there's no signs of any problems. :)

Can everybody see the photos? I had them set to private but changed to public.

evening mr.T, yip she's looking good, pics working fine, so glad to see someone else uses Celsius round here......don't often see that, like a dying breed.....lol don't know if you have a missus or a sewing needle handy but if you have an old towel laying about use a cup of rice, stitch cut and sow a rice beanbag....can be heated for warmth on a winters day ( used it for hand warmers trick as a school kid )

evening mr.T, yip she's looking good, pics working fine, so glad to see someone else uses Celsius round here......don't often see that, like a dying breed.....lol don't know if you have a missus or a sewing needle handy but if you have an old towel laying about use a cup of rice, stitch cut and sow a rice beanbag....can be heated for warmth on a winters day ( used it for hand warmers trick as a school kid )
Thanks Smeegol, great that the pictures are working because the journal would've been so shit without them lol..
Yeah I'm growing in Ireland so we go by Celsius here, I usually just fill a sock with the rice I use it for trying to reduce humidity more than warmth, but it would be handy to do as you say that way I could keep it around so its always there when I need it.

Back
Top Bottom