TommyGunnz Tries Green Crack & Pineapple Express

Day 3.
Temp: 24°C
RH: 59%

Got her first real watering today, gave her around 200-250ml (pH 5.6). I got no run off, maybe it just wasn't enough water to get any but I don't want to give too much because she's still little and last time I over watered the coco stayed wet for over 2 weeks (definitely don't want that to happen again!)

Plant is doing really well for her 3rd day on the surface though no problems there, she's currently standing at 7cm in height.

afternoon mr.T, she's looking good, I keep om wanting to caution you bout overwatering but then I remember you are in coco....lol
Only advice I can offer if possible is raise your seedling closer to your lights to reduce stretch as that will help reduce your stretch as 7cm is quite a stretch so far. If I may show you a comparison pic.

This is my haze auto reg seed ( fingers crossed female ) 24 days old and just going on 5cm...

I keep my guys 5cm away from lights... My apologies for spamming .......

Yeah I get a bit panicky when it comes to watering, I usually give too much and the coco stays wet for days that's when the critters come out to play. She looks very wet in the pics but she tends to get very dry in there overnight so she can handle a good watering. I'll get a pic before watering today.
She did stretch an awful lot at the start I had the lights a bit away but I moved them closer as soon as I realized it was happening. I have them further than 5cm away though, do you really think 5cm is enough distance? Obviously it must be if your doing it, I just get too paranoid about burning it. I've had so many problems with previous grows that i'm afraid to try anything lol.

morning mr.T, on the watering side I'm only spraying around the stem area of my girls as Im also scared to overwater but as mentioned you are in coco. Why don't you try water in a 2-3cm circumference around the stem ( not focusing on the stem ) it will allow your feeder roots to search out the watering you giving them, but I would apply a misty spray on the girl herself.... I'm trying that till Tuesday then it's a month old and time for a decent feed with biobzz....
only 1/4 strength though as I'm itching for a female.... ( edit I hope )

In regards to your lights, you realised in time she was stretching so good on you for that. My 1st true set got burnt ( check pic ) I had them at 3cm and it was 32c in my box hence the jerky dry leaf....
But for me 5cm is my sweet spot, going to switch to 18/6 from 24hr on Tuesday, so hoping to see some nice growth coming....

But you are doing a great job so far mr.T......:goodjob::high-five:

morning mr.T, on the watering side I'm only spraying around the stem area of my girls as Im also scared to overwater but as mentioned you are in coco. Why don't you try water in a 2-3cm circumference around the stem ( not focusing on the stem ) it will allow your feeder roots to search out the watering you giving them, but I would apply a misty spray on the girl herself.... I'm trying that till Tuesday then it's a month old and time for a decent feed with biobzz....
only 1/4 strength though as I'm itching for a female.... ( edit I hope )

In regards to your lights, you realised in time she was stretching so good on you for that. My 1st true set got burnt ( check pic ) I had them at 3cm and it was 32c in my box hence the jerky dry leaf....
But for me 5cm is my sweet spot, going to switch to 18/6 from 24hr on Tuesday, so hoping to see some nice growth coming....

But you are doing a great job so far mr.T......:goodjob::high-five:
Yeah my last 2 grows I done it the way you are doing it with just a light little spray of water, I decided I was just going to water normally for this grow to get her used to the water flowing down through the medium for the end of the week when feeding will start over been in coco. I like your idea of having the roots search for the water I've heard a few people doing this and it's a great way to push her to grow a little more so I do try to water around the pot away from the plant itself so they will look a little further for the water. Only thing about misting the plant is that sometimes it can leave little droplets which kind of act as a magnifier to the light (that can cause the plant to burn! happened me twice so I didn't want to take the chance again.)

I'm going to move the lights a little closer today as you said. There isn't much heat from the CFLs themselves either so I guess I shouldn't be too worried about heat burn but I do have to be careful of light burn.
Lights on in 5 mins so I can get a pic before watering, she is looking kind of dry in there.

Do you have a journal for your current grow? It'd be great to watch her progress.

howdy mr.T, I'm on 2 sides bout the light burn myself to be honest with you, cause when misting in my box I do sometimes get light burn but then move the plant to find the sweet spot or not mist at all apart from the base....

but if I think bout growing outside and there's mist/water droplets on the leaves and we can't match the Suns strength lots of folk I hear dismiss it to a certain extent apart from indoors... interesting hey.

a quick check I'm sure you know about is hand above plant, if top of hand burns, then your girls burning, if it's nice and warm n cozy, your girls going to be smiling....
don't worry if it looks dry, spray the stem base cpl times, lots of moisture there and carry on perimeter watering, you'll know if she doesn't like, better than drowning really....lol starve her nicely to find your balance if that makes sense...
seems like forever till lights on right..:yahoo:

The Jerky Box Project - OG Kush & Haze 2.0

that's my journal, happy wanderings........:high-five::passitleft:is called " grannys balls " guys been growing it for years and has gained quite a following....... road kill skunk it started as, been crossed over 25 years......got some seeds as a prezzie for summer experiment.....

Yeah lights feel like forever to come on, I can't help myself but look in sometimes when it's lights out, I know I shouldn't do it but it's like an addiction lol.

I always think its better to give too little than too much of everything because when she shows signs for what she wants you can fix the problem there and then, but over do it and it's too late cause the damage has been done. Basically like you say starve her until you can find the balance. (This has always been my method of growing hehe.)

Just realized that your journal was in your signature all along o_O Gonna head over now and have a look around, but first, a quick pic! As you can see she dries out nicely overnight so that's why I like to give her a good watering in the day and so far she seems to like it this way she hasn't been telling me different yet anyway.

Thanks S, came here to say I'm just after putting a straw around the stem for support.
Weird how you just mentioned it about the stability too :eek:. I'll probably get more coco eventually, I just ordered a coco grow bag for this grow they supposedly expand to 10 liters (more like 8 or 9 if you ask me) so I don't have any more to add to it at the moment but the straw should help her out a little for the time being.

How in the name of jaysus did you get the straw around the stem without damaging it? I'm assuming it's cut down lengthways but still. The thoughts of trying to get that in place is anxiety inducing!! Fair play!
:goodjob:

How in the name of jaysus did you get the straw around the stem without damaging it? I'm assuming it's cut down lengthways but still. The thoughts of trying to get that in place is anxiety inducing!! Fair play!

I mean like really, nice on the cahoonas, I'd be too shaky, I love but hate lst.....lol

Patience T, lots and lots of patience. I thought it was going to be easier when doing it and I was a little shakey but I was just thinking it needs to be done and will help in the long run. Took me couple minutes to actually wrap the straw around it though I had to do it very easy and slow. Trying to keep the straw open while putting it around the stem was hardest but I got it without any damage thankfully.

Bit of a sight I didn't want to see when I looked in to turn the lights on this morning, something has eating some of the cotyledon overnight. I've look all around the pot, searched under the medium (around the outside of the pot, didn't want to go near the plant and damage any roots), looked all around the box. There is no signs of anything unwanted in there so don't know what it is but something must be in there because it didn't eat itself!

Leaves are slightly curling down almost like a claw, not sure if it is from lowering the lights or just too much of a breeze. Looks more like wind burn though only very slightly so I've moved the fan further away from the plant itself. I'm going to leave the lights at 4'' for today just in case that is the problem, i'll see what way she is tomorrow again before I think about lowering them another bit.

Other than those 2 things she is really flying it and i'm happy with how she looks, place is dry again today after increasing the water to 300/350ml yesterday so i'm going to try 500ml today and see how she takes that.

Few pics as always!

Back
Top Bottom