Bag seeds a waste of time

I used to think the same way until I started buying F1 seeds.The seeds from any seed bank will be better than any bag seeds. Bag seeds don't have that hybrid vigor and the buds are not uniform and are small compared to the buds from a plant that came from a F1 seed.

mainegoodness said:
Well yea u can buy better seed's. But u can still grow good plant's form bag seed.
I never said you couldn't grow good plants but seeds from a seed bank will always make a better plant.The difference is like apples and oranges thing.

true. commercial growers(where bag seeds come from) care more for quantity and not quality, where seed banks care more for quality, not quantity
:peace: :bongrip:

i don't know juturna, seems like seed banks wanna make a buck too, so I guess they also care for quantity too. But I'd trust that i'm getting something better from a seed bank, than dealer baggie seeds. Well, I guess there's only one way to find out, just grow 'em both. My baggie seed plants are lookin real good, i'll have to wait and compare with my good seeds.

I still prefer to have seed bank seeds though, don't mistake me for a baggie seed lover, just for the fact that you can choose the strain you get, and add variety to your garden. I just didn't want to screw up good seeds for my first grow. I'll post pics of my first grow on this thread in a while, if its cool with all.
peace

when u buy from a weed bank, they tell you what strains u can choose from.. to where bag seeds, you either go in blind and see the end result, or take the seller's word for it, and u can't trust a drug dealer... so if you wanna know what you're growing, SEED BANK, but of you don't care, and just wanna grow something... BAG SEED

lesson learned.

Spent $160 for 10 diesel seeds.
Killed the first 6 before perfecting my technique.
then switched to bag seed, and went 10 for 10. 6 out of the 10 were male, and I quit messing with the 4 females, because by that point I had figured out where I went wrong on the Diesel.

I cant stress this enough. Perfect your methods using bag seed, just be picky about the seeds you try. Squeeze them pretty hard. they shouldn't crack. if they do they wasn't going to make it anyway. Switch to high dollar seeds once you get it down every time.

Dark seeds, slight gleem to the shell, stripes if possible (not a guarantee of quality, just health) Too hard to break in your fingers. Also inspect for hairline cracks using a magnifying glass, any found, seed is no good.
hope this helps.

mainegoodness said:
Yea i was just told seed bank's rip u off i dont believe it.

I have only used one once so far, and I can say they have been exactly what they said they would. My strain has a unique aroma, so its pretty hard to fake it and get away with it.
Suprisingly I bet the US is one of the seed banks biggest customers, (and most illegal lol) and I doubt most reputable seed banks would risk the damage word of mouth would cause if their seeds were bunk. I think your pretty safe.
They know about us. They monitor the internet for trends...etc.. they wont risk losing lots of potential customers over a few seeds.

I Live Near Canada so if i ever find a seed in a fat Nug it's usually top grade and the producer did it to mix strain's... Down south i got bud off a guy lived way out in swamp's good weed but very seedy it was just green bud... so your probaly getting commercial crap best bet is to find a chill friend that grow's or buy the seed's... cause if your getting it off the sketchball on the corner it's probaly not worth buying anyway.

Oh Also some seed's add peroxide and germ for up to 3 week's ... some jamaican seed's i got i almost threw out but 3 week's and they popped healthy big cola plant's.

first off, bag seeds are a little free addition to your sack (whether you like it or not) and aren't a waste of time. they (most of them) are perfectly viable. like everyone said before the only thing needing to be done is soak them for 24 hrs in a coffee cup full of water. if a few don't crack, fuck em - they can't all be winners. after they crack plant them in your medium in a dimly lit area for a day or two till most of them sprout. i've had great germ rates using this.

hope that helps. :smokin:

The person you replied to hasn't visited this forum in about seven years. Just wanted to let you know that they (most likely) won't be posting those pictures you were hoping to see.

Please show pics !!!?? ^_^ I'm also trying to grow some bag seed weed . Wish Me luck ! :blunt:
My bagseed baby! So far so good! Completely free DIY setup, so if I fail, I'm not out hundreds of dollars :laughtwo::bong:
20190703_184404.jpg

I've done the same thing that you did. Once or twice ;).

Germinated one and is growing into a Queen. Check my thread- PakaloloGrow's Outdoor bagseed Momma. I just germinated and planted 3 more bagseeds from a house joint. Well besides the fact that I decided to turn it into a Bonsai today.

Back
Top Bottom