bag seeds

rick3066

can anyone clear up what a fem seed is? i started my first grow 13 days ago from a seed i found in really nice bud of some really good reefer. the plant is really thriving..i think im going to fim her/ it tomm. 1 nice large spotted seed. when i bought this weed i was told it was called diesal. it was pricey. so same odds of being male/ female as any other seed? i have looked at alot of pics of young plants and my baby is ROCKIN!! has a very green smell right now. my newest leaves at the 4rth node have 9 points..lots of growth at each node..well thanks in advance

Re: bagseeds

A feminized seed is one that has a significantly higher percentage of being female, something like 90%+ over the ~50/50 split of regular seeds. They can be created using female pollen or by using colloidial silver or some other solution that stimulates feminine seed production.

yeah i dont know how to get pics on my phone to my comp. lol...is there a way to text..maybe i could use camera on laptop?

062114105541.jpg
img0813.jpg

thats a ciggarette for size refence...you guys are great ...man i have been bitten...this growing is great! this is at 10 days

Bagseed gets a bad rap. This spring I found 3 seeds in some local bud and got all 3 to germinate, and now it's looking like 2 of the 3 plants are female. All plants looking great so far. Who needs seedbanks lol?

Monsanto. :rofl:

Just another word about Fem seeds-- Sometimes in late bloom a plant will produce male pollen sacs (commonly called bananas or nanners) and will try to pollinate itself.
Seeds resulting from this are feminized and have a very high rate of being female. I know of at least one grower here that would remove all but a few buds, then let her sit and try to pollinate itself. Mixed results (sometimes no nanners) but this is a way to try to increase free beans. :high-five:

Monsanto. :rofl:

Just another word about Fem seeds-- Sometimes in late bloom a plant will produce male pollen sacs (commonly called bananas or nanners) and will try to pollinate itself.
Seeds resulting from this are feminized and have a very high rate of being female. I know of at least one grower here that would remove all but a few buds, then let her sit and try to pollinate itself. Mixed results (sometimes no nanners) but this is a way to try to increase free beans. :high-five:
Another example of why I love this site. Great info.:thumb:

Both should produce a higher than average rate of female seeds, but with hermies, how the resulting plants develop depends on the root cause for the hermie. If it was genetic, then they will probably also be a hermie. If it was from stress, there is a better chance that they will not hermie if grown in a relatively stress-free environment. Stress can be induced by any number of factors including but not limited to heat, light, nutrient issues, water issues. I'm not sure, but I believe seeds that result from nanners, late flowering stamens produced by females to propagate themselves before death, are also fem seeds with a similar risk as other stress-induced seeds to hermie.

Back
Top Bottom