Bagseed DIY cabinet grow - Wonderberry - fall '09

A few quick pics from tonight:

FF21.jpg

FF3.jpg

purple_calyx.jpg

In the last pic you can see purple calyx near the center. That part is a little out of focus, sorry but it's the best I can do with the camera and magnifying glass I have.

I also forgot to mention that I taped two large cardboard boxes together yesterday and left one end open. I then set this up over Annie Oakley around 5 p.m. and am going to leave it there until Sunday. I am hoping that this forces him to freak out and dump all of his pollen. I have it on advice from Butcher that an extended dark time can force the pollen sacks to open but only sometimes. We will see if this is one of those sometimes in a couple of days.

Papa Green, Thanks for coming by and welcome to the party. I started reading your journal but it is really long so I will have to take it in chunks.

Woodsman, It is always good to see you around.

I have been busy lately which is why I have not posted. However I did take a small piece of trim leaf to my friend so I could use his "microscope". Many of the trichomes are cloudy with nice big bulbous heads. This being the case I am going to start the first of my harvest flushes tonight. I am planning on doing a staged harvest due to the amazing results I have seen from Irish using this method. I plan on flushing for 1 to 1&1/2 weeks then cutting off the colas. This will allow more light to penetrate the canopy. After taking off the colas I will go back to regular feedings until the "middies" fatten up. Then I will flush them and harvest opening up the popcorn buds to more light. As this process moves on I should get three different highs. The popcorn buds are where the seeds will be if I can ever get Annie Oakley to open up his sacs. I tried to force him with a 72 hour dark period but alas it only made him stretch.

That is it for now I will catch up on people journals when I get a chance. Now it is back to the coal mine for me.

Papa Green, Thanks for coming by and welcome to the party. I started reading your journal but it is really long so I will have to take it in chunks.

Woodsman, It is always good to see you around.

I have been busy lately which is why I have not posted. However I did take a small piece of trim leaf to my friend so I could use his "microscope". Many of the trichomes are cloudy with nice big bulbous heads. This being the case I am going to start the first of my harvest flushes tonight. I am planning on doing a staged harvest due to the amazing results I have seen from Irish using this method. I plan on flushing for 1 to 1&1/2 weeks then cutting off the colas. This will allow more light to penetrate the canopy. After taking off the colas I will go back to regular feedings until the "middies" fatten up. Then I will flush them and harvest opening up the popcorn buds to more light. As this process moves on I should get three different highs. The popcorn buds are where the seeds will be if I can ever get Annie Oakley to open up his sacs. I tried to force him with a 72 hour dark period but alas it only made him stretch.

That is it for now I will catch up on people journals when I get a chance. Now it is back to the coal mine for me.

Great plan doing the gradual harvest. With a lot of undergrowth it is definitely worth the extra time and effort. Good lick with the pollination!

I started flushing last night.

Here are a few pics from tonight:

the_ladies.jpg

I love opening the door.
You can see the difference in shape between the colas. The one that is skinny at the top is still recovering from the zinc deficiency

mmm3.jpg

nice cola

hairy_zinc.jpg

This is about half way better from the zinc deficiency. Each affected flower is taking a different amount of time to repair.

post_zinc.jpg

A few of the flowers that have come back from the deficiency look like this.

yum4.jpg

frosty

frosty3.jpg

mmmm

enjoy.:thumb:

:thumb: :welldone:

HTL my buddy! Your almost there and they are all (even the skinny top) looking deliciously tasty. How about Annie. Did he give up his pollen yet? Is it not too late to pollinate the females at this point? Maybe I'm forgetting your exact plan? Won't let me rep yet

:bravo:

Woodsman, Joe Coffee, thanks for stopping by. A couple of pics here.

Vape5.jpg

My first vaporizer

purple_sacs_2.jpg

purple_sacs.jpg

Annie's colors

opening_sacs.jpg

This one is for you Woodsman. Notice the pollen sacs that have partially opened. It seems that there are two stages of opening to get pollen. step one is what you see here, the opening of the outer husk. The second step is when the small banana shaped pieces which produce the pollen open up. So the pollen should start coming any time now. As far as I know you can continue to pollinate the girls until the pistils all turn brown/orange.

Sorry for all of you feminists out there but this post is all male.

Woodsman, Joe Coffee, thanks for stopping by.
This one is for you Woodsman. Notice the pollen sacs that have partially opened. It seems that there are two stages of opening to get pollen. step one is what you see here, the opening of the outer husk. The second step is when the small banana shaped pieces which produce the pollen open up. So the pollen should start coming any time now. As far as I know you can continue to pollinate the girls until the pistils all turn brown/orange.

Sorry for all of you feminists out there but this post is all male.
So once you 'impregnate a female pistol you then need to wait until the seed is mature.. How long for that?:ganjamon:

So once you 'impregnate a female pistol you then need to wait until the seed is mature.. How long for that?:ganjamon:

From my understanding it will be between 2 and 6 weeks for seed maturity. Those will be F1 seeds.

I am close to the first portion of a three or four stage harvest. I will be snipping the majority of the colas in 5-9 days. After that I will go back on nutes for another 2-5 weeks before another flush to snip the middies. After that I will repeat the process possibly two more times. As this is the case I believe I will be fine on time as long as I can get some pollen in the next couple of weeks (shouldn't be a problem considering the sacs are beginning to open). Also as the flowers age the trichomes will get more cloudy and amber meaning each part of the harvest should produce more of a couchlock stone than the one before it.

Back
Top Bottom