Bagseed Grow 1st Grow Ever - Starting Flowering

NastyBuddz

420 Member
Hi everyone at 420mag :adore: i'm just starting to flower my bagseed I got lucky with and I thought i'd start a journal here.

DSC00679.JPG

Main cola

DSC006813.JPG

Side cola

DSC006801.JPG

Couple of side colas by each other i thought looked cool.

DSC006824.JPG

Last but not least the whole plant.

P.S. - If you see anything that doesnt look good or even looks good please comment, i'm a total beginner and this is sort of a test grow so any comments are appreciated.

-Joe

Details:

My medium is Organic Miracle Gro soil, with perlite and peat moss. I know its not the best but i was on a budget.

My lights are about 100 watts of mixed CFL's, but i set it outside alot when we get good sun.

And i'm not using any nutrients.

I'll try to post a update about once a week.

-JM

Hi,

Looking great so far! I hear with the MG Organic potting soil, just keep an eye on the pH and over watering.

I use the MG organic for my potted outdoor vegetables. It holds water very well, though my tomatoes & large peppers began to need additional ferts by week 3 and it does seem to drift towards acidic 5.5 -5.0. A tablespoon of dolomite lime per gallon of mix seems to do the trick.

Probably within 14 days you may want to start supplementing (lightly) some bloom nutrients.:morenutes:

Judging by the size, if you can, I'd say get up towards eight to twelve, 23w CFLs. That should would cover her nicely (184 - 276 watts). I like to mix 1 - 6500k for every 3 - 2700k.

hi there 1st time grower to there looking nice a was jusr wondering does anybody know how to start a grow journal plz would be much appreciated thanks

Thanks everyone, i appreciate the comments.

I'll try to get some flowering ferts; What would you reccomend on a budget but still gets the job done?

-JM

Sorry for all the post in a row, I meant to say Fox Farm Tiger Bloom. So would a qt of this be fine for one plants flower cycle?

Sorry for all the post in a row, I meant to say Fox Farm Tiger Bloom. So would a qt of this be fine for one plants flower cycle?

At 1-2 tsp/gal of Tiger Bloom, 2x a week, you should be good with a quart. It's good stuff.

I always start with using 50% LESS than what is suggested in the directions, better to under feed, than burn.

Cool, i've heard from some people it really throws off the ph of your soil... Had any experience with that?

-JM

Technically, any fertilizer will alter your pH. Pure water is 7.0, neutral. Any impurity (or additive) will alter the pH either higher (alkaline) or lower (acid).

As to how much it will affect your soil's pH depends on the soil's buffering ability. Dolomite lime, used at about a tablespoon per gallon of soil, should keep the soil pH buffered around the low 6.x area, and no higher than 7.0, though you should still track of the pH of nutrients you're adding.

Anytime fertilizer is added, I pH my solution. My area tap water is between 6.6 & 6.9, usually if I add a dose of TigerBloom to a gallon of water, I come out at about 5.5, a bit too low for soil. I add just under 1ml of pH-up and the resulting pH is between 6.2 & 6.5.

About 2 times a month, immediately after watering, I test the pH of the from the runoff. I expect this to come out a bit more acidic, but it shouldn't be extreme. If I measure no lower than 5.7, I'm content, if it is below that, I'm flushing the pot.

GenHydro, and a few other companies make a liquid drop pH Test Kit, that covers a pH range of 4.0 to 8.5. It has a testing tube and reagent. Just add 5ml of your nutrient solution (or runoff), a few drops of the reagent, and compare the color change to the pH color chart. It's about $7 or so, well worth the price.

I hope that makes sense... :hmmmm:

Technically, any fertilizer will alter your pH. Pure water is 7.0, neutral. Any impurity (or additive) will alter the pH either higher (alkaline) or lower (acid).

As to how much it will affect your soil's pH depends on the soil's buffering ability. Dolomite lime, used at about a tablespoon per gallon of soil, should keep the soil pH buffered around the low 6.x area, and no higher than 7.0, though you should still track of the pH of nutrients you're adding.

Anytime fertilizer is added, I pH my solution. My area tap water is between 6.6 & 6.9, usually if I add a dose of TigerBloom to a gallon of water, I come out at about 5.5, a bit too low for soil. I add just under 1ml of pH-up and the resulting pH is between 6.2 & 6.5.

About 2 times a month, immediately after watering, I test the pH of the from the runoff. I expect this to come out a bit more acidic, but it shouldn't be extreme. If I measure no lower than 5.7, I'm content, if it is below that, I'm flushing the pot.

GenHydro, and a few other companies make a liquid drop pH Test Kit, that covers a pH range of 4.0 to 8.5. It has a testing tube and reagent. Just add 5ml of your nutrient solution (or runoff), a few drops of the reagent, and compare the color change to the pH color chart. It's about $7 or so, well worth the price.

I hope that makes sense... :hmmmm:

Makes complete sense, thanks. I'll look into getting a Ph Test kit when i pick up my Tiger Bloom.

Well as i was stacking another piece of wood to raise my fixture (dumb idea i know, but its growing so fast :scratchinghead: ) one block of wood fell right on the plant. It survived luckily but one bottom branch broke right off. Will this cause enough stress to hermie my plant? Or will it be fine?

No worries! The stress is probably more harmful to you. :)

Yesterday I was re-bending a top on my autoflower and the top 1/2 of the main cola just snapped, about halfway through. I cursed and swore for about a minute, then shouted out for duct tape. With a little assistance, the top was splinted. As of this afternoon, the top looks just fine. I should have pics on my journal later this evening.

Point being, I got all ass-chapped then worried all day yesterday for no reason.

And I learned to respect my tops & branches when bending or LSTing, so bonus prizes!

Update!

UPDATE!

DSC006832.JPG

Main Cola

DSC006852.JPG

Main Stem just under the main cola

DSC006863.JPG

Side cola

DSC006892.JPG

Couple more side colas

DSC006885.JPG

Closest i could get to getting the whole plant, its in the grow room and i cant really remove it anymore.

Sorry about the quality but its the best i got.

-Jm

Oh yea im strapping in on this "noob" grow lol.. Lookin good dude is this a shwag/regs seed? check my journal out Im flowering some clones day 1..i'll have pic updates tonight..:goodjob:

No its actually a seed out of some mystery dank I picked up. I remember it also being a pretty good smoke. I've been looking around on the internet and i think it might have some skunk #1 in its genes, but I'm definitely no expert haha.

Thanks for the comments and many more updates to come.

-JM :peacetwo:

Your plant looks good bro.:goodjob:

Alright i'll probably have another picture update tommorow or tuesday. In the meantime i have a question. My plant has some yellowing on a few leaves, but the majority are relatively healthy looking. My question is should i be worried about a few yellowing leaves here and there or is it no problem?
Thanks, Jm

Back
Top Bottom