Thanks @TriangleCheese ! I seriously appreciate the wisdom and nudges in the right direction. I'll do some defoliating later this afternoon and get an updated picture to see if she's looking better. I did do some supercropping on her a couple days ago and still hasn't fully recovered. Will a major defoliation cause too much stress?

Thanks @TriangleCheese ! I seriously appreciate the wisdom and nudges in the right direction. I'll do some defoliating later this afternoon and get an updated picture to see if she's looking better. I did do some supercropping on her a couple days ago and still hasn't fully recovered. Will a major defoliation cause too much stress?

Shouldn't be a trouble. If the plant is looking good just go with it. The later the worse on defoliation. You will definately cause your plant some stress but after that you will leave her alone until the end of flowering. She will blast 5-6 days after defoliation.

Cheers :passitleft:

I haven't been able to update. I have a few looking sad and others looking ok. I gave them a little drench a couple days ago. They are getting a deep compost tea drench this evening and a foliar. Hopefully that spruces them up. If not, then they may be over watered.

Also, it appears that a couple of the girls in flower got pollinated... feeling foolish to say thre least. Good learning experience though. I hope he didn't get the job done with all the buds. Time will tell.
20200704_191647.jpg
image-20200704_191502.jpg
image-20200704_191542.jpg

A much overdue update...still need to do more defoliating and bending. I did some supercropping on some last week. I'm seriously bummed though that I may have left a male CBD plant outside for 1 day too long. I feel quite foolish over the whole thing. Based on a conversation on this forum, it appears the buds have been pollinated due to the dark amber almost burnt ends on the flowers. Sucks that whatever I did to flipped them into flower so early. Still getting 15+ hrs of light but they are going full flower mode. Purple punch is in week 4 of flower now. I need to double check that...my brain is not working :bongrip:

Purple Punch flower and top view of Romulan. Enjoy!

I absolutely hate caterpillars. I clearly did not treat for them enough. Along with a some under watering mistakes, I lost a few plants. Thankfully the Romulan is still hanging in there. I need to get a look at the rest of the plants with a higher magnification to see what the trichomes are looking like. A lot of the plants don't have much of a potent aroma. I believe I also underfed them at various points during the season. I need to get a bunch of updated pics. I need to clean up in the garden so hopefully I'll get some tomorrow. I decided to harvest this bud because a caterpillar decided to ruin a section which caused some mold issues. I didn't want to lose it to mold. I can't even begin to express how bummed I am at the amount of lost buds. Really truly sucks. I need to figure out these damn pests.

Congratz BA :passitleft:
Thanks! Appreciate it. I'm trying to keep my head up and just keep learning. Next season I am going to figure out which companion plants I should plant around the garden to ward off the moths. I'm just not sure if I should harvest everything now or wait. The BT is simply not getting deep enough into the buds to kill off all the caterpillars. Not sure what to do.

If you have concerns and the trichomes are mostly cloudy, you can pull them early. We have to do it sometimes :passitleft:
I have lost so many buds to these damn bugs. I checked all the plants today and most of them are cloudy and a couple with some amber. Looks like I'm doing some harvesting tomorrow. I still have no clue how I'm going to get dry them. I haven't made up my mind on that. Doing some extra research tonight.

Well damn... I think I know why I had a couple plants die and I couldn't figure out why. We have had some major fires close by the past several weeks. I had a ton of ash coming down on the plants. I didn't know what to do about it other than trying to shake it off as best as I could. Unfortunately the buds and a lot of the leaves are sticky and just held on to it. Well, I was just reminded by @Pennywise in someone else's post that ash and water produce lye which can kill plants. Well guess what, after a week of ash dropping on the plants we had a weird storm come through and they got rained on. It was shortly after that that a few of the plants started to look horrible. I tried watering and feeding but nothing was working. It makes sense now. The plants that were further along and extra sticky had a bunch of ash on them. The plants still alive now, were not as far along and I was able to shake a lot of the ash off.

Honestly, I feel better now knowing that it was not entirely my fault. I thought I underwatered them but that was not the case. What a tough learning lesson. I will have to get some sort of a hoop house built for next year for unforeseen environmental conditions. This could have been avoided. Both Do-Sa-Do clones are dead. Purple Punch is Dead. GG4 is dead. Strawberry Banana is done. Venom OG may be salvageable.

All that said, I still have to harvest and figure out a way to get the ash off.

Not really feeling too happy or proud but today will be my first ever cannabis harvest. It was supposed to happen over the course of the past couple weeks. Two surgeries kept me from getting that done resulting in more buds damaged from pests. Truly sucks and heartbreaking. I had another enjoyable growing season and learned a lot. Unfortunately, this is 2 years in a row where everything seemed to go south so fast toward the end. Hurts the soul but we have to strive on. I'll share this to my other journals too but just wanted to thank this forum and the community as a whole for the wisdom and help over the past couple years. Peace and blessings y'all!

A bunch of pics from the harvest this afternoon from the Romulan. I only harvested half the plant. I wanted to show some of the nasty mold and pest issues.

I did a baking soda bath, lemon juice and h2o2, and then fresh water. I trimmed most of the visible mold. I thrashed most of the branches to get it out. Curious to know your honest thoughts about how it looks. Worth trimming more, drying, and curing? Or is something like this garbage at this point even after the bud wash?

Back in June I did some pruning. They were already in flower but decided to try and make some clones anyway. Thankfully I got a couple Romulan and one GG4 that rooted. I had not uppotted them and they were struggling with not enough nutrients. Had some extra energy today and finally moved them up. Here are a few pics of the ugly (but surviving clones). I also decided to do a little bonsai inspired branch styling because I felt inspired. I will be making a new journal to document my first indoor grow. I'm going to need LOTS of help. LOL

Sorry for lots of pics...I think I will be finalizing this journal soon. I'll post pics when the Romulan is cured. Everything else in the garden doesn't even seem worth the effort to harvest at this point.

I wanted to share the 2nd half of the harvest from the Romulan. After sitting down and doing some clean up before the bud wash, it helped me feel better that I still got some decent amount of good buds. I'm still bummed that I lost a lot of production but also feel blessed that I still got some material to harvest. It is not the best looking or best smelling buds but it is something! I'll take that as a win! Anyway...some pics from yesterday.

It has been quite a while since I've been logged in. I won't go into too much details here but it has been a shitty year. I vaped some of the flower that cured for the first time this week. Definitely not as good as I would have liked but I will take it as a win anyway. The previous year (2019) was a complete disaster and I ended with nothing to even harvest. The 2020 harvest was also a disaster full of mold and pests but I was still able to salvage some of it. I will likely be using most of the flower for infusions since it is not the best smoke quality. I think I took on too many plants and was overwhelmed with life in general and trying to properly care for that many plants was a big mistake. This year will be scaled down considerably! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the time you took to help me along the way last year. I was not able to help myself get out of the funk I was in. I'm coming back again with a little more hope and focus for this year. I have moved away from some very toxic things in my life. Trying to keep myself away and just enjoy my garden, trees, bonsai, and my soon to be growing cannabis seeds. I will be closing this journal soon and starting a new 2021 journal. I hope you all will join me. I'm sure I will need all the help possible! Haaa haaa

Good to see you back, man!
Be sure to tag me when you get that journal going!

Good to see you back, man!
Be sure to tag me when you get that journal going!
Thanks so much! It has been a struggle trying to get through life. I get distracted easily with stress and tend to pull away from communities like this one. Not sure why but will try to be better at staying connected. I'm not very good at connecting though. Lol

Back
Top Bottom