Well, I got some Blue Dream capsules kicking in finally and realized that I sat down for the past 2 hours+ getting caught up here with the 420 fam. Just took 2 more capsules so the afternoon can be nice and relaxed!

I need to get outside and put in some work!
But first...
Space Queen - looking slightly droopy. Soil is dry and she's in a 5 gal fabric pot.
Queen of Soul - looking ok and a fair amount of moisture in her 7 gal self-watering pot.
Rosetta Stone has been looking sad and hungry the past couple days. She was shedding some lower leaves so those got plucked and a handful that were on their way out. Those got plucked too. Hard to see it here in the pic but here she is. She is also in a 5 gal fabric pot.
C99 is looking decent but definitely needed some moisture soon. She is in a 7 gal @GeoPot - easily one of my favorite sizes and style of fabric pots.
Candida in a self-watering garden box and equivalent to 1.5 CF of soil. I have been treating this as a 15 gallon container. Her reservoir was finally dry!

I also rotated the Candida because I was getting concerned about this. Hopefully you can see the flat sided growth that was facing the tent wall.

I still haven't addressed the negative pressure. I need to open up another vent for fresh air plus get those wall supports in asap.

Today was topdress day for the tent! @GeoFlora Nutrients 'Bloom' was used on all the plants. I ended up drenching close to 7 gallons of water total between them all. 3 gallons of only water and 4 gallons of 'booster' water. Watered them all to runoff.

Going to share some insight into my watering method today. I knew it was going to be a big watering day. I've been planning on it for the past week. Trying to keep the plants going and happy but with a goal of having dry pots for today.

Before I started, I mixed about ⅔ of gallon of water with yucca extract at 1 tsp/gal, Kelzyme at ¾ tsp/gal , and Kelp extract at 1 Tbsp/gal. I let that marinate for about 20-30 minutes while I started with the process below. After it bad marinated, I shook it up and poured it into my sprayer for about 4 gallons of boosted drench water.

First I started with 1 gallon of water only shared between them to saturate the topsoil and the sides. Even with this little amount, in the cheaper 5 gallon fabric pots, they started running off quickly. Goes to show how fast hydrophobic properties can setup on fabric pots and soil. I walked away and went outside to prepare the next booster.

Fresh aloe vera smoothie for the plants!
Their last dose of freshly blended aloe was May 9th.
Post Link Here

This time I went with a different aloe species. I needed to do some pruning on the back side of this one anyway. This is a Candelabra Aloe and provides the same or similar properties and benefits as the previous type I used. Not quite as much meat/gel though. This species makes up for that with vigor and extra growth.
View media item 1870310View media item 1870333This is what was blended up for today's drench.
View media item 1870305
So after I finished making my aloe smoothie, I fed that to all the plants. They all got between ½ L to 1 L of the concentrated aloe smoothie. Then I watered in with the remaining 'booster' water. After the 4 gallons of booster water was used up, I cleared the sprayer with 2 gallons of water only. This whole process was done with the intention of driving all the goodness from the nutrients and boosters deep into the soil to runoff.

Here are a few examples of different species in my aloe garden. All of these could be used for general garden use. I would stick to one or two species for edible/personal self-care use though.

This is the traditional or more well known edible variety, Aloe vera barbadensis Miller
This is also the plant I harvested and blended last time 5/9. This is my preferred species for general self-care or garden use. If I had to have only one species, it would be this one.
View media item 1870309View media item 1870307View media item 1870308
Tiger Aloe on the right. There are many short leaf/pad varieties. I like these as decorative species mainly. On the left is a smaller version of medicinal or edible aloe. I need to propagate much more of this variety. This is another excellent variety that has a high meat/gel to latex ratio.
View media item 1870306I have a few other species mixed in there too. I hope this helps someone interested in incorporating aloe into their garden for medicine or just for their beauty and benefit to the environment. Pollinators absolutely love their flowers!

Have a great day folks. I'll have to catch up with you all later. Need to get outside and do some gardening for my soul! Been having some very difficult days recently but I'm hoping the capsules, a few bowls, maybe a beer or two, can get me through the day a little easier.
Blessings to you all. Thanks for reading along.

I have a few other species mixed in there too. I hope this helps someone interested in incorporating aloe into their garden for medicine or just for their beauty and benefit to the environment. Pollinators absolutely love their flowers!

Have a great day folks. I'll have to catch up with you all later. Need to get outside and do some gardening for my soul! Been having some very difficult days recently but I'm hoping the capsules, a few bowls, maybe a beer or two, can get me through the day a little easier.
Hey BA, just knowing you are out there tending your beautiful garden is a nice thought, all the best!

Well, I got some Blue Dream capsules kicking in finally and realized that I sat down for the past 2 hours+ getting caught up here with the 420 fam. Just took 2 more capsules so the afternoon can be nice and relaxed!

I need to get outside and put in some work!
But first...
Space Queen - looking slightly droopy. Soil is dry and she's in a 5 gal fabric pot.
Queen of Soul - looking ok and a fair amount of moisture in her 7 gal self-watering pot.
Rosetta Stone has been looking sad and hungry the past couple days. She was shedding some lower leaves so those got plucked and a handful that were on their way out. Those got plucked too. Hard to see it here in the pic but here she is. She is also in a 5 gal fabric pot.
C99 is looking decent but definitely needed some moisture soon. She is in a 7 gal @GeoPot - easily one of my favorite sizes and style of fabric pots.
Candida in a self-watering garden box and equivalent to 1.5 CF of soil. I have been treating this as a 15 gallon container. Her reservoir was finally dry!

I also rotated the Candida because I was getting concerned about this. Hopefully you can see the flat sided growth that was facing the tent wall.

I still haven't addressed the negative pressure. I need to open up another vent for fresh air plus get those wall supports in asap.

Today was topdress day for the tent! @GeoFlora Nutrients 'Bloom' was used on all the plants. I ended up drenching close to 7 gallons of water total between them all. 3 gallons of only water and 4 gallons of 'booster' water. Watered them all to runoff.

Going to share some insight into my watering method today. I knew it was going to be a big watering day. I've been planning on it for the past week. Trying to keep the plants going and happy but with a goal of having dry pots for today.

Before I started, I mixed about ⅔ of gallon of water with yucca extract at 1 tsp/gal, Kelzyme at ¾ tsp/gal , and Kelp extract at 1 Tbsp/gal. I let that marinate for about 20-30 minutes while I started with the process below. After it bad marinated, I shook it up and poured it into my sprayer for about 4 gallons of boosted drench water.

First I started with 1 gallon of water only shared between them to saturate the topsoil and the sides. Even with this little amount, in the cheaper 5 gallon fabric pots, they started running off quickly. Goes to show how fast hydrophobic properties can setup on fabric pots and soil. I walked away and went outside to prepare the next booster.

Fresh aloe vera smoothie for the plants!
Their last dose of freshly blended aloe was May 9th.
Post Link Here

This time I went with a different aloe species. I needed to do some pruning on the back side of this one anyway. This is a Candelabra Aloe and provides the same or similar properties and benefits as the previous type I used. Not quite as much meat/gel though. This species makes up for that with vigor and extra growth.
View media item 1870310View media item 1870333This is what was blended up for today's drench.
View media item 1870305
So after I finished making my aloe smoothie, I fed that to all the plants. They all got between ½ L to 1 L of the concentrated aloe smoothie. Then I watered in with the remaining 'booster' water. After the 4 gallons of booster water was used up, I cleared the sprayer with 2 gallons of water only. This whole process was done with the intention of driving all the goodness from the nutrients and boosters deep into the soil to runoff.

Here are a few examples of different species in my aloe garden. All of these could be used for general garden use. I would stick to one or two species for edible/personal self-care use though.

This is the traditional or more well known edible variety, Aloe vera barbadensis Miller
This is also the plant I harvested and blended last time 5/9. This is my preferred species for general self-care or garden use. If I had to have only one species, it would be this one.
View media item 1870309View media item 1870307View media item 1870308
Tiger Aloe on the right. There are many short leaf/pad varieties. I like these as decorative species mainly. On the left is a smaller version of medicinal or edible aloe. I need to propagate much more of this variety. This is another excellent variety that has a high meat/gel to latex ratio.
View media item 1870306I have a few other species mixed in there too. I hope this helps someone interested in incorporating aloe into their garden for medicine or just for their beauty and benefit to the environment. Pollinators absolutely love their flowers!

Beautiful update! Please send me aloe!

Did you grow blue dream? If so, how are you making capsules?

I had a plant with a flat bud up against the tent wall, it was fine...just flat :)
A while back, a buddy gave me a pound of larfy buds and trim from a big outdoor garden. I used all that to make oils and various infusions. I recently found another couple ounces of it, vacuum sealed, and so I made another batch of oil. I used roughly 1oz/cup of oil. I have a capsule maker jig, and make 50 capsules at a time. It's a pain in the ass but it's wonderful to have a variety of dosing options. Yesterday was a 7 capsule day. 2 in the morning. 2 in the afternoon. And 3 in the evening. I estimated a 5mg/mL potency on my last batch.
Hey BA, just knowing you are out there tending your beautiful garden is a nice thought, all the best!
Thanks Stung. It was indeed a beautiful day yesterday. Going to get back out there today!
Beautiful update! Please send me aloe!
Hey '82! I just pulled a bunch of pups yesterday. Started some in containers and planted some in other spots around the garden. Say the word, and I can send you some freshly cut pads and some pups for you to grow out.

A while back, a buddy gave me a pound of larfy buds and trim from a big outdoor garden. I used all that to make oils and various infusions. I recently found another couple ounces of it, vacuum sealed, and so I made another batch of oil. I used roughly 1oz/cup of oil. I have a capsule maker jig, and make 50 capsules at a time. It's a pain in the ass but it's wonderful to have a variety of dosing options. Yesterday was a 7 capsule day. 2 in the morning. 2 in the afternoon. And 3 in the evening. I estimated a 5mg/mL potency on my last batch.
I'm jumping on this train sooner than later!
Thanks Stung. It was indeed a beautiful day yesterday. Going to get back out there today!
Enjoy the day!
Hey '82! I just pulled a bunch of pups yesterday. Started some in containers and planted some in other spots around the garden. Say the word, and I can send you some freshly cut pads and some pups for you to grow out.
You make my green world go round! Yes please, I'll message you!

A quick tent update. I was surprised to see they drank A LOT between yesterday's drench and this morning. The soil was actually already dry along the edges and the bamboo moisture sensors appeared dry too! I was surprised they went through that much. So I gave the fabric pots a fair share of water only to runoff. The other two containers, I simply dampened the surface soil. Plan is to check them again before lights off and see if they need a drink again. I'm starting to worry I'm underwatering again.

Flip Day 43.

Rosetta Stone - Not anywhere near as frosty as the others but still looking pretty.

Well damn...today is not a good update. :(

Looks like the Candida got stressed enough to produce nanners. Really bummed out right now. Can't lie about it. This just really freaking sucks.

So after a quick convo with @InTheShed about this unfortunate circumstance, I decided to get her outside in the greenhouse.

Here in the middle area of the picture is the branch that had the nanner growth. Still need to go through the entire plant again and clear out anything else.

Unfortunately, with all the moving around I really did a number on her supports and branches are all wonky.

Here is the tent this morning before the shitty discovery. I ended up giving everything another drink! I am seeing downward clawing and droopy leaves. I think I am still underestimating the amount of water they need. The Rosetta Stone is still showing signs of hunger. I'm seeing a N deficiency. She's in the back middle of this pic.
Space Queen

Queen of Soul is starting to get heavy and leaning.
Much better now! Single wire to the bamboo support.

I recently opened up two more vents for passive intake. The vent in the bottom left and the top middle. I have my filter covers on order and arriving today. I also added another small rotating fan after I moved out the Candida.

Since floor space opened up, I went ahead and cleaned up the floor. It was so wet and dirty from the garden box dumping reservoir water everywhere.

To look on the brighter side of things. The tent is much roomier now. I will likely not try the garden box in here again. Takes up too much floor space and really difficult to rotate without having to much plants out.

Have a good day everyone.

Sorry about the nanners. Man oh man do I feel your pain. That's a big plant to go through with a fine toothed comb.

As for the watering, you ALWAYS say you water too little. I really want you to try one of my pots. I think it would really help with your watering woes.

I think they look beautiful, I see the slight droop/claw but it's a wonderful garden.

Maybe next run try a little help from a pot for your pot, it changed the game for me (amongst other things I picked up from you and everyone else here)

Stay positive Baked cause you have some fine ladies going and that NL auto is the cutest!

They look happy to wait!

Maybe this is of interest to you? Individual scrog nets!
Handy-man does it himself. And if you mind to pay bout ~20$ for each theyre sold under name ”scrog line pro”. Theyre 2x2 (60x60cm) nets and I think the net's height is adjustable.

Well damn...today is not a good update. :(

Looks like the Candida got stressed enough to produce nanners. Really bummed out right now. Can't lie about it. This just really freaking sucks.

So after a quick convo with @InTheShed about this unfortunate circumstance, I decided to get her outside in the greenhouse.

Here in the middle area of the picture is the branch that had the nanner growth. Still need to go through the entire plant again and clear out anything else.

Unfortunately, with all the moving around I really did a number on her supports and branches are all wonky.

Here is the tent this morning before the shitty discovery. I ended up giving everything another drink! I am seeing downward clawing and droopy leaves. I think I am still underestimating the amount of water they need. The Rosetta Stone is still showing signs of hunger. I'm seeing a N deficiency. She's in the back middle of this pic.
Space Queen

Queen of Soul is starting to get heavy and leaning.
Much better now! Single wire to the bamboo support.

I recently opened up two more vents for passive intake. The vent in the bottom left and the top middle. I have my filter covers on order and arriving today. I also added another small rotating fan after I moved out the Candida.

Since floor space opened up, I went ahead and cleaned up the floor. It was so wet and dirty from the garden box dumping reservoir water everywhere.

To look on the brighter side of things. The tent is much roomier now. I will likely not try the garden box in here again. Takes up too much floor space and really difficult to rotate without having to much plants out.

Have a good day everyone.
Sorry about the nanners @BakedARea that sucks!!
Did you find more than that one cluster?

If you happen to have any bottled enzymes or plant hormones (kelp) I'd try to "push" them back on track. Maybe cutting Phosphorus down to min could also inhibit the male flower growth? :hmmmm:

I'm seeing a N deficiency. She's in the back middle of this pic.
Also don't starve them of Nitrogen during the flowering! They still do need loads of N amongst with others for healthy bud growth :)

Fingers crossed no moar nanners!
- V

As for the watering, you ALWAYS say you water too little. I really want you to try one of my pots. I think it would really help with your watering woes.
I know. I really am a culprit of it because of my overwatering fears. Here's the thing. In the group shots, the back right corner is a 7 gallon self-watering pot. Haaaa haaa. It's doing great. I actually try to keep the reservoir level at a minimum if possible. I prefer to topwater to help with the GF nutrients breakdown. Need to keep it moist and watering from above helps drive the soluable stuff deeper into the root zone.

So I agree with you about those pots beings easier. The reservoir gives me some buffer for the water roots to drink from.

Here is another thing I find funny. In self-watering pots, all the excess runoff ends up in the reservoirs. But if we are using other pots, everyone insists on not letting your plants absorb the runoff by putting them on stands. IDK...Just rambling about something that has my non-stoned mind thinking. I think I need to go smoke...

Handy-man does it himself. And if you mind to pay bout ~20$ for each theyre sold under name ”scrog line pro”. Theyre 2x2 (60x60cm) nets and I think the net's height is adjustable
Hey now! Those are awesome! Thanks Verb. Good looking out. I am currently thinking that with my already endless list of tasks, it may be better to just buy one and try it out.
Also don't starve them of Nitrogen during the flowering! They still do need loads of N amongst with others for healthy bud growth :)
I'm definitely with you there. I try not to starve them of anything. Been doing my best to only use the GF from start to finish. Really needs to be seen how variable genetics can be. I'm using the GF 'Bloom' which does have some N but I think I underestimated her needs. I gave her extra in the past couple topdresses. I will likely be starting a compost tea today to give them a boost for the next half of flower. I'll include some extra N for all of them. Thanks again Verb.

Quick morning update on most of the plants.
Tent is looking like...
Flip Day +45

And the Candida I took out yesterday, spent the day in the greenhouse. Then at night, I took her out to a spot in the garden area. This is her temporary spot. She'll be getting hammered by direct sun for a little while here. Hopefully she can handle it without too much stress.

And now the outdoor garden. It's been a bit of a downer that so many went into flower early.

But I have at least one that's growing strong and will be a good producer. Been training her slowly over the past couple week and putting branches through the cage.
Rosetta Stone

Queen of Soul

Candida

And the raggedy princess, C99 still looking yuck. Thankfully I have a clone in the greenhouse.
She was looking like this before transplant and now getting hammered by pests. She may not stay in this spot much longer. May yank her out and compost her soon.

That's it for now 420 friends! Time to get started on that task list.
Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Back
Top Bottom