So after I saw a couple adult thrips on the seedling leaves this morning, I knew I needed to treat them today!

I know some folks get "bugged" about bugs with organic grows. I'm not concerned about it honestly. I will be drenching my soil with SNS209 moving forward as a preventative. That does take time to work, so before it gets any worse, treatment is required.

I want to be sure to include a big thanks to EcoWorks EC for being a sponsor to this site! I was fortunate to get a sample via a contest. I could not find their profile though...

It looks like an amazing product and it's organic. I have multiple neem based products in my arsenal for almost all my pest management in my outdoor gardens and fruit trees. I must be honest though, that I am not thrilled with an unknown 30% of ingredients. I will trust that it will perform its task and leave my plants safe and sound. For a small at home garden, this 2oz bottle is perfect.

Application Details:
Indoor foliar applications should be diluted at 10mL per gallon of water. 5.5 - 7.0 pH water at 68° - 95° is what is recommended for mixing. It mentions that all product should be used immediately after mixing or at a maximum of 24 hours. It mentions to apply 2-3 times in a 7-10 period. I will be doing this every 3 days for the next 9 days.

Knowing I would only be using a small amount, I decided to only dilute 1ml of the Ecoworks EC to just over 10 oz of RO water (5.6 pH). I warmed the water up to just over 90°. I shook the hell out of the water bottle and started spraying.

Anyone that has worked with cold pressed neem oil, knows how much of a pain in the ass it can be to make a good emulsion to spray. Warm water always helps the process. Also, if you are making your own spray from pure neem oil, be sure to add a drop or two of liquid soap or something like yucca extract for the saponin. This will assist in the emulsion process and with it stay on the leaves longer.

Kill em early and often Baked! :passitleft:
Hell yeah! I thought I had them in check with the SNS209 but I screwed the pooch. They clearly state to only keep a mixed solution for 2 weeks max. I most definitely had it for much longer before my stoned ass realized it. Probably a couple weeks past. Realized it when I started seeing the boogers again. Then it dawned on me. Honestly, I feel like the drench method works better. I could also be completely wrong. The foliar applications are recommended at stronger concentrations. So...???
The babies are looking all grown up, and you've got a nice flat canopy going there. :welldone:
Thanks Shed. Is it OK to say that it's because of my skills? Or just admit that it is not planned?

Or is it the light intensity that is keeping them in check right now. I'm pushing ~200 PPFD to them right now and the internodes seem to have a nice close growth rate so far. Lots of similar parental genes in this bunch so it would make sense that they would grow similarly. They breeder did mention that the Rosetta Stone has 2 distinct phenos. 20% grow tall and 80% grow short. Both with similar terpene profiles though. Growing multiple varieties and different growth patterns, makes me think I need to think carefully about how I grow/train them. Light coverage could be an issue if I can't keep the canopy even, right?

So after I saw a couple adult thrips on the seedling leaves this morning, I knew I needed to treat them today!

I know some folks get "bugged" about bugs with organic grows. I'm not concerned about it honestly. I will be drenching my soil with SNS209 moving forward as a preventative. That does take time to work, so before it gets any worse, treatment is required.

I want to be sure to include a big thanks to EcoWorks EC for being a sponsor to this site! I was fortunate to get a sample via a contest. I could not find their profile though...

It looks like an amazing product and it's organic. I have multiple neem based products in my arsenal for almost all my pest management in my outdoor gardens and fruit trees. I must be honest though, that I am not thrilled with an unknown 30% of ingredients. I will trust that it will perform its task and leave my plants safe and sound. For a small at home garden, this 2oz bottle is perfect.

Application Details:
Indoor foliar applications should be diluted at 10mL per gallon of water. 5.5 - 7.0 pH water at 68° - 95° is what is recommended for mixing. It mentions that all product should be used immediately after mixing or at a maximum of 24 hours. It mentions to apply 2-3 times in a 7-10 period. I will be doing this every 3 days for the next 9 days.

Knowing I would only be using a small amount, I decided to only dilute 1ml of the Ecoworks EC to just over 10 oz of RO water (5.6 pH). I warmed the water up to just over 90°. I shook the hell out of the water bottle and started spraying.

Anyone that has worked with cold pressed neem oil, knows how much of a pain in the ass it can be to make a good emulsion to spray. Warm water always helps the process. Also, if you are making your own spray from pure neem oil, be sure to add a drop or two of liquid soap or something like yucca extract for the saponin. This will assist in the emulsion process and with it stay on the leaves longer.
I just opened up my Ecoworks cold pressed neem oil! Gave the girls a little spray down yesterday!

I just opened up my Ecoworks cold pressed neem oil! Gave the girls a little spray down yesterday!
I saw no signs of thrips this morning! I will be applying it again on Thursday evening. This is the easiest neem product I have ever used to get to fully emulsify in the sprayer. I'm not normally a fan of neem just because of how much of a pain it can be to properly mix.

I saw no signs of thrips this morning! I will be applying it again on Thursday evening. This is the easiest neem product I have ever used to get to fully emulsify in the sprayer. I'm not normally a fan of neem just because of how much of a pain it can be to properly mix.
This was easy peasy! I am using it as a PM just in case!

They need a bigger pot ASAP! They are all drinking fast since I took off the dome. The lower RH clearly drove evaporation up and they have been drinking more as they grow. Double yammy!
They got another full drench last night That's less than 48 hrs since the last drink. And they need another drench already. They were feeling lighter this morning already.

Got a little "hiccup" to share that I hadn't noticed until last night. It appears like the leaf never opened correctly and has caused some funky looking growth. I carefully unraveled the leaf and this morning it was opened up more. Is it a genetic mutation thing or just a unfurling leaf issue for some reason?

I don't anticipate it causing any issues but I'm curios if others have experienced or seen this.

I took these last night (day 12) technically speaking so please ignore the label of day 10. Rough past couple days...and they have all come together into one big pile of...

Thankfully I have my little mini garden to bring me joy. Except my light cycle is off when I get home from work...when I desperately could use some de-stressing. I know...easy fix, change the timer. I have to pay CONSIDERABLY more $ to the power company during certain hours of the day.

Have a great rest of your day/evening 420 friends. I really do thank you all for helping me find some tranquility here. To be able to come here to just read and follow along so many people's lives of growing, brings me joy. All I have is a few minutes some days. Sometimes I have a few hours! Either way, most visits offer me good vibes and allow me to ignore the rest of the shit that we all have to tread through eventually in life. I know there must be many in our little community that are going through some unbelievable crap. Crap that I could not imagine dealing with, puts my shit days in perspective. Let's all send them good vibes and blessings to get through it huh? Blessings to you all.

Hey everyone!! Thanks for checking in. Blessings
Hey BA, nice update, they're all looking well, even the one that didn't want to unfurl it's leaf, hopefully it takes the hint and grows out now that you've helped it.
Looking better this morning and greened up some more.

Your BG ladies are going strong! How weird about the unfurling leaf. Let's hope it's the last one!
Yeah right?! I was running low on time this morning, but I need to get a better pic of the entire plant. It almost appears the whole node is funky. Or maybe it was the pre-coffee cross-eyedness (real word!).
They're looking happy and healthy to me! And the only time I have leave fail to unfurl it's because some pest has a nest in there.
Thanks Shed! Yeah, very good point. Didn't consider that. You think maybe the dumb ass thrips? Do they nest like that? Those are the only pests that I have visually seen. I have not brought the scope out to really check. Sounds like someone just gave me a chore...
Hey Baked growing some fire genetics in here and your pictures look great. Are these phone pics? Anyway I'm along for the ride :hookah:
Hey Chief! Love the handle dude. I appreciate you swinging in. Whenever you can make it in, feel welcome! I'm super excited about these genetics for sure.

A little teaser of future genetics to keep things interesting...
Put in an order with one of our newest site sponsors, @GardenofGreen ! I'm excited to dip into these genetics too! The outdoor garden is going to be beautiful this year! I can feel it man.

Yeah, just a camera phone. I have to be completely honest. I rarely have the motivation to bring out the camera and lenses any more. I really am limited on time and energy. Today, I had 10 minutes in my tent before having to leave for work. Literally...right now (10pm), the lights are back on. So for convenience and overall quality, it's just the easiest. I do post some pics from my better camera from time to time.

Notification from the controller that the lights are on!!!

That is my cue to dip out of here for a bit everyone. I took a 1/2 teaspoon of my gsc oil at 6:30...I'm properly baked...

A little teaser of future genetics to keep things interesting...

Lots of delicious ways to lose your memory. And guava too.

I took a 1/2 teaspoon of my gsc oil at 6:30...I'm properly baked...

We wouldn’t anyone else to be properly baked now would we? Oil sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom