Baking soda, pH up, crazy PPM?

SRG CPT Weed

Hi guys,I need to raise my PH by about 1-2 ,I am using baking soda,but its second time I used,and by accident this time I checked ppm,well to raise PH by such big amount it requires about good 10 teaspoons of baking soda,so..with 10 teaspoons PPM is like 7000 lol...Week 8 flowering.Have anyone used big amounts of baking soda? Please help.
And does pool ph,ph down work for weeds?

Re: Baking soda,ph up,CRAZY PPM?

You would be better off using potassium silicate for ph up... baking soda does nothing helpful for your soil besides raise the salt levels, where potassium silicate is used by the plant.

You would be better off using potassium silicate for ph up... baking soda does nothing helpful for your soil besides raise the salt levels, where potassium silicate is used by the plant.

Do you have any idea how dolomite lime works? I dont understand how to increase PH with dolomite lime,I already applied too much of it and soil ph went down to maybe 4-5 lol..so how the hell do you increase ph with it if the more you apply lowers PH,I dont see any sense in here,yes if your stock PH is 8 sure its cool to drop down,or im talking about diferent lime O.O

Yes, I have used baking soda to raise my PH before.

It killed both of my plants and I had to start over. I highly suggest you flush your plants heavily, and immediately.

Thanks man,wow in what time it happend? I did it like week ago and plants seems still to be fine? My leaves are all yellowing tho and dying,but its week 8 flower so people say its supposed to happen.Since all this started I started,new bloom nutes,using baking soda,and PH was little off,so Im wondering what caused it.How old were your plants? Did they reacted in days or in longer period? Thanks for help man,I will try to flush plants today too bad I no idea what to do,because my nutes take down PH of water to like 6 and my soil ph is already like 5 lol,I need about 7.8 @ normal tap water to get steady 6.8 soil ph...

Do you have any idea how dolomite lime works? I dont understand how to increase PH with dolomite lime,I already applied too much of it and soil ph went down to maybe 4-5 lol..so how the hell do you increase ph with it if the more you apply lowers PH,I dont see any sense in here,yes if your stock PH is 8 sure its cool to drop down,or im talking about diferent lime O.O

If you are adding dolomite lime to your water or soil and the PH is dropping, well... it aint dolomite lime lol.

maybe someone switched out your dolomite and replaced it with ammonium nitrate or something lol.

For a cheep fix just go to pet store and buy ph up for cold water fish tank??? It's dirt cheep, exactly the same as any other, get it at any supermarket, works well I've used it with great results and to bring my ph down I use just normal viniger from the kitchen
Remember if growing in soil it naturally has a ph buffer so always check run off waters ph every week. ;)

Back
Top Bottom