Ballast Mounting Pics

dadinpain

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyone who has a few pictures of how to mount a ballast on a piece of wood? Does it matter what side the brackets mount to? Is there a top or bottom? LOL Kinda sounds dumb....but I am helping out a friend who got a light....(ballast kit with bulb and socket). I want to wire the ballast about 10 feet away on a board for him. It has an Ignitor and capasitor. Im not an electrician. Just looking for some serious pictures showing how to wire up a 400watt HPS ballast, or how to mount.

Later Gator
Dad

Thanks....but thats a pic of a very nice set-up. Im talking about a ballast kit. Not a complete ballest system.
What my friend has it a Sylvania LU400/Multi Kit Lumalux 120/208/240/277V
This is a ballast that you can wire to what ever type of electrical conection you have. He wants to go 120 because he does not have 220. I just dont know how....or how many wires to really hook it up. Theres like wires that say bulb....ok thats a no brainer. But theres 3 comm wires? and the hot wire off the capasitor...where does it go? Ya also the ignitor is hardwired already so I dont have to worry....but how far away do I mount them? I was told no more than 15 feet of heavy. I guess Ill do a little more research.

Later Gator
Dad

It doesn't matter how you mount it, as long as it is secure.
Wires that carry electricity are NOT structual elements. The picture showed a jury rigged light that is neither safe nor dependable. (Well, maybe that light is dependable, but the method is not.)

Take some time to consider:
How easy is it to dismount? (How sure are you that you won't want it moved?)
How easy is it to change the wiring, eg. replace the light fixture, but not the ballast.

Back
Top Bottom