Ballast wiring!

KingCharles

Hey there!

I got an old ballast i would like to use but i dont dare to wire it until u know exactly how :D
All my other magnetic ballasts are quite obvious but this one is giving me a hard time!
I want it to run both HPS and MH so i got both a capacitator and an igniter ready to use.

Anyone got an idea?
:Namaste:

I realize it will cost you some money, but I would buy a new unit. You can get complete 400 Watt units wired and ready to plug in with hood for 120 dollars. It might also keep your house from burning down.
Just my two cents.

Haha wtf. Im not looking for expert shopping tips.
I got everything to use the ballast besides the proper wiring so leaving it on the shelf just seems like a waste.
Heres the picture again, the first one doesn't seem to work.
img_1707_cleaned.jpg

I am assuming you are not in the states and have 230 volt single phase
Looking at the schematic on the right side
F- line or hot leg(black wire)looks like there is and external starter/capacitor so if you don't have that you may need to purchase) to starter/cap to R on ballast
N-neutral/ and to lamp socket (white wire) so wire the neutral from panel to N on the ballast and to white wire on lamp socket
L-from ballast to lamp socket black
If you are in the states you need a double pole breaker and one hot leg on each Input
Hope that helps
Good luck

Both starter and cap are external so I'm pretty sure thats not the proper way.
Thanks though.
Guess I'll save it for next run since this one is finishing up in a couple days. Just added another 250w also so now there's over 3700w plus LED's in there :D

Back
Top Bottom