Bananas in late flower

The pollen from nanners has no male genetics. Female plants do not contain male genes and their pollen can only create female seed.
I dealt with late-flower nanners in one strain for about three years. Mostly genetics, sometimes combined with light leaks. My experience is that they are fairly controllable. If I didn't try to remove them I would get a handful of seeds each harvest. If I removed them I would get less, I think. They don't spread very much pollen in my experience. It's nothing like having a male plant around. The seeds produced will have the same hermie tendencies. People often grow bagseeed which has that problem. Because accidental seeds in the grow are usually caused by nanners. Hardly anyone could miss a male plant. So the chances of bagseed having hermie traits is very high.

Thanks Weasel:)

This is what I was kinda thinking but just wanted some confirmation...

It must be a strain thing as I'm 99% sure there are no light leaks and I've had it for the last few grows with this strain, like I said normally I'm not overly concerned as they appear after week 6 so theres not much chance of seeds forming & I give the room a really good clean then plant more seeds a few weeks later but this time there are others in a different tent so there is a chance the pollen will spread *But hopefully I can keep it under control :)

Thanks again...

Thanks Dutchess :)

The more I read the more I think the pollen from the nanas will spread to the clones in the other tent :(

The below article is pretty good but doesn't mention 'Nanas' at the end of flowering just during flowering and this being the case the pollen is male and will spread unless your clinically careful between the different rooms.

7 Common Problems in the Marijuana Flowering Stage That Ruin Your Yields | Grow Weed Easy
Pollen gets everywhere,you think it’s not but if you have 2 grows going and one of the plants is throwing pollen and you walk into your other grow you just spread the pollen,some people change clothes before they go into other rooms

Well I found a couple of seed pods on my sour kush plant tonight
Though I was seeing things,week 7 of the grow auto flower sour kush,I check the plants couple of times a day since it’s an indoor grow and I didn’t notice and bananas or pollen sacks on the plant ,I don’t know what’s going on,I have 4 other plants in the tent as well all females,

maybe the plant went into shock or something this is my first time growing auto flower plants

Attachments

• 83B586BC-40E7-4A4F-98CF-76AD501D6EDC.jpeg
    83B586BC-40E7-4A4F-98CF-76AD501D6EDC.jpeg
    542.6 KB · Views: 144
Hello 420 Mag!! Its been 3 years, damn. I only have a few plants in the yard. No indoor, not worth the trouble. Indoors to out is no comparison. Might have to quit cause of health reasons. They're dropping like flys and I want to see 60.
Spring 2019 I let my outdoor spring grow breed. Chem Dog was the male and I had female Green Crack, Chem Dog and Alien OG. That July I popped a few to see if they worked. They do but only one female was an Alien and a beautiful plant, great weed. Hard to believe I could get a decent plant from July to Nov. but I did. This year Im growing mostly the Green Crack cross cause that was the least grown and the seeded Green Crack was good. We shall see.
No nanners outdoors ever so its got to be growing conditions inside that make nanners.
Anyways, I hope all is well for everybody in this troubled times. Keep that chin up!!
I quit smoking Tobacco after 41 yrs and Im waiting till Im on Chemo for the weed. Stage 4 Im smoking everything!!
God Bless 420 Mag!!

Back
Top Bottom