Bard's Second Grow: Outdoor, In-Ground, Dr. Seeds Fast Genetics

Hey Bard - I have noticed the same thing with mine - don't know the origins of these seeds so didn't know what to expect. Of course, I've never grown before - so really didn't know what to expect!!

Hey Mr. Jeans,

Yes, I think with this particular plant it was just the location in the garden. It got probably 1-2 hours less light each day, just because of the shadows from the deck. I guess it might have got less rain water too, given it was a bit shielded from the elements. Her "sister" Critical Mass, from the same seed packet, is much taller, and her buds are more dense and filled in. Actually pretty interesting how different they turned out. Some of it might be pheno difference I guess, but I'm thinking most of it comes from small environmental difference. Either way, I'll be shifting the planting zone next season.

Hope you are doing great.

Congrats on the harvest! Any harvest is a good harvest I always say. I'm not sure why they would have been light and fluffy as it's not something I completely understand. Some strains do that, like my pineapple express. The buds were huge, light and airy but the buzz was great.

Thanks Sauga!

You are absolutely right! I am delighted I got anything from this plant, given outdoor conditions. It was really hassle-free: no bugs, no rot, no nosey neighbours! I really think that this one plant didn't get enough sun. But I am happy for the harvest, and it will make some great oil. I am hoping that it is very sleepy-making! :)

Thanks Sauga!

You are absolutely right! I am delighted I got anything from this plant, given outdoor conditions. It was really hassle-free: no bugs, no rot, no nosey neighbours! I really think that this one plant didn't get enough sun. But I am happy for the harvest, and it will make some great oil. I am hoping that it is very sleepy-making! :)

Awesome ... and sweet dreams !!!

Actually ... that's a good strategy when you know the next plant you harvest is going to yield more, it keeps you motivated :)

Awesome ... and sweet dreams !!!

Actually ... that's a good strategy when you know the next plant you harvest is going to yield more, it keeps you motivated :)

Optimism! I love it, thanks! :)

Happy Monday, everyone,

Second plant of my four outdoor gals came down today. It was a really nice afternoon, and I took advantage of it to harvest the second Critical Mass. Trichs were at least 25% amber, perhaps a little more. This plant yielded much better than the first CM I took down a few days ago. It was all about the placement in the ground. This one got a lot more sun, and perhaps better watering and air circulation, as it wasn't blocked by the patio stairs. Note to self to move the entire row down about 6 feet next year so that they all get better treatment. Mrs. Bard took her first stab at trimming. She got a headache! LOL. Did a nice job with the first pass. This mountain of goodness is now on a cooling rack in a paper bag in the basement fridge - doing the "low and slow" drying technique again. I didn't bother to weight it "wet" but I will get a dry weight in a couple of weeks when it hits 62% RH. Also got a large zip lock bag of sugar leaf trim that I have frozen. I'll use a lot of this harvest to make CCO with my distilled overproof vodka. Yummy sleepy gummies in our future!

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3554.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

Two more plants to go - they are both C99s. I microscoped them today, and still seeing quite a bit of clear trichs. I don't want as much amber as I was looking for from the CMs, but I do want all cloudy. Will check again in 3-5 days. Nice weather in the forecast, so fingers-crossed I will finish the harvest before frost gets 'em.

Have a great evening, and thanks for stopping by.

Nice job Bard! You have some nice looking buds there and as you mentioned you learned a lot about the growing area. Well done.

Make sure you treat her to dinner :)

Thanks Sauga…. I do all the cooking, so that is a safe bet. However, the dishes magically disappear each evening, and I always have clean clothes to put on each morning. It is a pretty even division of labour around here. :)

Poor Mrs. Bard burned her toast this morning (again).

Happy Monday, everyone,

Second plant of my four outdoor gals came down today. It was a really nice afternoon, and I took advantage of it to harvest the second Critical Mass. Trichs were at least 25% amber, perhaps a little more. This plant yielded much better than the first CM I took down a few days ago. It was all about the placement in the ground. This one got a lot more sun, and perhaps better watering and air circulation, as it wasn't blocked by the patio stairs. Note to self to move the entire row down about 6 feet next year so that they all get better treatment. Mrs. Bard took her first stab at trimming. She got a headache! LOL. Did a nice job with the first pass. This mountain of goodness is now on a cooling rack in a paper bag in the basement fridge - doing the "low and slow" drying technique again. I didn't bother to weight it "wet" but I will get a dry weight in a couple of weeks when it hits 62% RH. Also got a large zip lock bag of sugar leaf trim that I have frozen. I'll use a lot of this harvest to make CCO with my distilled overproof vodka. Yummy sleepy gummies in our future!

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3554.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

Two more plants to go - they are both C99s. I microscoped them today, and still seeing quite a bit of clear trichs. I don't want as much amber as I was looking for from the CMs, but I do want all cloudy. Will check again in 3-5 days. Nice weather in the forecast, so fingers-crossed I will finish the harvest before frost gets 'em.

Have a great evening, and thanks for stopping by.

It was an incredible day yesterday ... I hope we get a few more days like that to finish up our outdoor chores and put up the Christmas and Halloween lights ...

Yep ... do it all at once and it really freaks out the neighbors ... kinda like this ...

0_Halloween-christmas-decorations-installations-set-up-design-services-company.jpg

Oh, I bet that felt good!! My harvest is still piece meal - trying to stay ahead aphids and mildew or mold. Just hints of amber so far.

Harvest always feels great! Except for the trimming part. Very grateful Mrs. Bard jumped in to help a bit, as it was a big project. Just ordered another two-set of trimmers so that we can have "his and hers" for dueling trimming. :)

I was really lucky with these gals. No bug problems after their first month outdoors, and just a tiny bit of rot on one of the buds that was on the shady side. Now just a race for them to finish before frost hits.

Good luck getting your gals across the finish line!

It's the same here. Whoever does the cooking the other does the dishes. :thumb:

Seems like a fair arrangement! She hates to cook, I hate doing laundry, so division of labour.

Trimming....I've just been giving mine a slight haircut, fan leaves and whatever seems to be sticking out - I figure if it all ends up up in the same place and used for roughly the same purpose....I don't seem to have those tight plump colas that I see everywhere else and it's just for me so...

Trimming....I've just been giving mine a slight haircut, fan leaves and whatever seems to be sticking out - I figure if it all ends up up in the same place and used for roughly the same purpose....I don't seem to have those tight plump colas that I see everywhere else and it's just for me so...

Yup. My first harvest I was much more careful about trimming the sugar leaves etc. but now since I use the majority of the goodies for CCO, I am just concerned about removing the fan leaves and the edges of the sugar leaves that don't have any trichs on them. Not as "manicured" but preserves the good stuff with a lot less work.

Yup. My first harvest I was much more careful about trimming the sugar leaves etc. but now since I use the majority of the goodies for CCO, I am just concerned about removing the fan leaves and the edges of the sugar leaves that don't have any trichs on them. Not as "manicured" but preserves the good stuff with a lot less work.

I did the same thing hoping the little extra green will help buffer the buds when drying.

Good day all,

The harvest continues. Yesterday I took down the first of two C99's. The one I harvested is by far the largest of the four outdoor girls - she got the best sun, breeze, and rain exposure. Apart from her size, the leaf growth pattern made her a PITA to trim. But it is done now, and drying in the fridge.

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3565.JPG

One more C99 to harvest today or tomorrow, and then the outdoor grow for 2019 will be done!

a PITA to trim
Hey Bard - she looks like most of mine and I've been trimming like I'm shaping up an afro!!! But I don't get too close and I'm not too fussy!!! I figure the whole shebang goes to the same result.
Congrats on another harvest!!
Do you do the low and slow in jars in the fridge??

Back
Top Bottom