Bard's Third: Indoor, Coco, Chemdogs, Doctor & NL

Hey Mr. Shed!

No problem at all. You didn't miss anything, except for me under-feeding my little girls for the first few days. I think they are doing ok now. Colour is improving everyday, and they are starting to take off. The Doctor is especially fast-growing.

Very pleased that you stopped by.

You over your cold/virus yet?

Hey everyone, and welcome to the weekend!

Today is DAY 26 above ground four all four girls.

I'm pretty pleased with how this grow is going. I mis-stepped a bit earlier on, and was under-feeding the young 'uns. Pale green leaves, and the leaves were quite thin as well. I gradually increased the nutes EC over the past week or so, and I think that they are doing much better. No sign of burned tips, but the colour has improved, and the growth rates for all of them have taken off!

Today it was time to top all of them. I am going to be using the quad-lining technique that I used in my first grow, as I liked the way the plants turned out a lot.

For those of you who might not be familiar with this training technique, there is a great thread here. It is a really long discussion, but worthwhile to read up on. @Dutchman1990 journal is another great resource, and he rightfully won Journal of the Month for his efforts there. Excellent photographs and very clear writing.

The steps I took today (all four plants were ready): I removed the fan leaves from the bottom two nodes, and then topped just above the fourth or fifth node. As the side branches grow in from nodes #3 and #4, they will be anchored down around the perimeter of the pot, in an effort to create multiple colas with a nice even canopy.

Here are before and after pics of the four plants:

Northern Lights - before topping:

And after topping:

The Doctor
This is by far the largest of the four plants. Interesting, as it was the slowest to start. Here she is before topping:

And after topping:

And the Chem 91 S1. This one is the tallest, but not as wide as the others. Before topping:

After:

And last but not least, the Dinachem - before:

After:

Thanks for stopping by. Hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Fun package arrived in the mail this week, and I just got around to opening it. It is my first seed order with CannaVenture. They aren't a sponsor here right now, but I received a coupon via their email newsletter a few weeks ago, and thought I would give them a try - it was a great discount, and some cool looking genetics.

I ran into some trouble getting payment over to them (no credit cards, and their online payment method didn't work for outside the USA). So they threw in some extra freebies as a thank you.

I purchased three strains (LA Affie, Raspberry Pebbles OG, and UltraViolet), and received a total of six - WAY more than I was expecting. They were great to deal with. The seeds will go into storage, but excited to try some of them in a future grow. Looks promising!

IMG_3447.JPG

Nice work on the plants Bard! I'm looking forward to seeing some nice quads take shape. :thumb:

You did what? How can a package arrive and you not tear it open as soon as it arrives? This is unheard of!

HA!

I don't open all my presents on Christmas Day either. I like to save one or two for the next day. Drives Mrs. Bard crazy.

Happy Friday!

Today is DAY 32 since germinating.

The four gals are all doing well, and I don't think that they even noticed the topping that they got a week ago. New growth is coming in quite happily. Took them all out to do a cleaning of the tent, to check them out in detail, and do a bit of training. My plan is to quad line these gals, as I really liked that technique in my first grow. The new shoots coming off of nodes three and four are still fairly short on most of the plants, so I will just let them grow for a few more days. On a couple of girls I did do some modest anchoring or tying-down to start the process. Here they are - top view and side view of each:

Northern Lights: this is the widest girl right now, with pretty big fan leaves.

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

The Doctor:

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

DinaChem:

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

Chem 91 S1 - she isn't quite as wide, but is the tallest of the four:

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

The Chem 91 S1 after a bit of training:

IMG_3469.JPG

So I think things will remain on the current path for a while longer. Just starting "week 5" nute formula, which I'll use for the next several weeks as training unfolds. Not much else to report on these girls.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

They look so healthy it's a great idea to stick with the same program!

Thanks Shed! I got off to a bit of rocky start trying to get the nutes to the right level. I think that they are good now. How are you doing? I believe that "the shed" is pretty much empty for you after your marathon harvests?

I actually rolled up the insulation walls and floor and swept it out this past weekend! I'll vacuum this weekend :). Nothing growing in there until December probably.

Nice break. You definitely have the "inventory" after those harvests to keep you stocked for a bit. Nice job. :)

Back
Top Bottom