Bard's Third: Indoor, Coco, Chemdogs, Doctor & NL

The Bard

Hi everyone,

The fruits of my first grow are drying in the fridge as I write this. My second grow is ongoing outdoors. There was a mini-grow with a couple of autos that I tried to reverse - no go. So this will be my "official" third grow. Indoors, coco medium, 3-gallon fabric pots, LED lights, 2x4 tent, General Hydroponics nutes, plus a few supplements.

I wrapped a total of four seeds in damp paper towels this afternoon. Two varieties of Chemdogs, one of The Doctor, and one Northern Lights (I'll list sources and descriptions below). While these are all pretty famous and older cultivars, they are all new to me - both growing and consuming. I am hoping that the two Chems will be happy, uplifting, cerebral in effect, while the Doctor and the NL will be good sleepy time meds. I'm also betting that there will be some pretty big height and time-to-harvest differences between these girls. They are all feminized photoperiods. Depending on how things unfold, I might try reversing a branch on one or two of these plants.

Will post an update when we have tap roots!

Have a great evening.

Lots more information, for those who are curious...

Chemdog ‘91 S1 (CSI Humboldt, comments from Leafly)
"Much like many other members of the Chemdog line, the origins of Chemdog 91 are shrouded in mystery. Rumor has it that the lineage was first cultivated by the illustrious East Coast breeder who also goes by the name of Chemdog, and some speculate it descends from a Thai landrace strain. Chemdog 91 is thought to be an offshoot of the original Chemdog strain, and the numerical addition of “91” is believed to reference the year the strain first came into existence.

Some growers believe Chemdog 91 to be a cross between Chemdog and Skunk, which may explain its particularly pungent aroma. In true family spirit, this hybrid has a very strong diesel smell with a piney-lemon aftertaste. Most Chemdog 91 crops tend to lean sativa, though you may find indica variants on some dispensary and retail shelves. Consumers should expect a cerebral buzz from this strain."

Dinachem (Dinafem via @SeedsMan )
"Dinachem is Dinafem seed bank's version of Chemdog. To breed this strain they re-invigorated an original Chemdog mother plant with the addition of a specially selected clone of Guava Chem to increase the ageing strain's vigour and yield. It is 65% sativa, 35% indica.

Dinachem is an easy-to-grow strain that has a good resistance to plant pests as well as to excess moisture. This plant will grow in any environment. Indoors growers should expect to crop somewhere in the region of 450 - 500 gr/m2 in 60 - 70 days of flowering. Outdoors Dinachem thrives in warm, Mediterranean-type climates and also in cooler regions if planted in a greenhouse. Here the yield will be about 600 - 800 gr. from plants that can reach 3 meters tall with harvest time being from mid-October in northern latitudes.

Chemdog itself has been doing the rounds since 1991 and is the mother of New York City Diesel, Sour Diesel and OG Kush. You can therefore expect a great range of lemonic, tropicl fruit, noble woods and petro-chemical-type flavours. Its THC content has been measured at 23%. The effect is powerful, euphoric, creative and provides the typical sativa uplifting sensation which evolves into a more relaxing body effect.

Medicinally it has a good capacity for pain and anxiety relief. Moreover it stimulates the appetite aiding recovery. All these features make it desirable for both recreational and medicinal use.

Winner 1st prize best Indica at Cannazores Cup 2016; 2nd prize best Indica at IC420 Growers Cup 2015"

The Doctor (Greenhouse Seeds via Dope Seeds)
"A legendary indica, The Doctor was on sale for just a year in 2006, and it quickly became a legend. It is a strong narcotic indica, a cross between Great White Shark, South Indian indica and Super Skunk; it flowers in 8 weeks. The Doctor expresses skunk related traits, and a sweet fruity skunky aroma. It was discontinued due to some issues with the strain but the constant demand pushed Greenhouse to dedicate a great deal of effort to fix the problems. After years of selection and breeding Greenhouse are finally ready to bring back this old champion. To this day, fans of this strain have jealously kept mothers, and we expect growers worldwide to be very happy with the comeback. Medium size, dense plant. Needs support. An instant-hitter, very stoned, bordering the narcotic. Medicinally effective in pain therapy and against insomnia."

Northern Lights (@DrSeeds )
"Northern Lights is a favorite strain for indoor growing for many very good reasons. The plants stay well under three feet tall with practically no stretch, they are very resilient and thrive under stressful conditions, and the flowering time rarely exceeds seven weeks. Yet, yields are surprisingly high considering the short stature.

Northern Lights is also popular with medical patients even if they don't have a history of recreational use. This strain is a pure Indica with a mellow, dreamy head high paired with a stronger body stone that's soothing, relaxing and very pleasant. It comes highly recommended for chronic pain and insomnia as well as stress, anxiety and depression. As an Indica, the pungent flavor is a classic mix of spicy pine and sweet earth.

This blend of Afghani and Thai landrace strains is thought to originate from the Seattle and Washington areas, but it was made popular by Sensi Seeds out of The Netherlands. Soon after Northern Lights seeds were released commercially in the 1980s, they became a must-have for both beginner and indoor growers. If you need a foolproof marijuana plant that always pulls through and produces high yields quickly in a small space, these are a good choice."

Hey guys sorry for the absence, I got the job at the plant. I’ll go in Monday and Tuesday 8-430 for orientation then second shift on wednesday. Man that’s a relief of my mind.

Hey guys sorry for the absence, I got the job at the plant. I’ll go in Monday and Tuesday 8-430 for orientation then second shift on wednesday. Man that’s a relief of my mind.

Congrats Penny! What a great way to wind up this week. Big relief I am sure!

Back
Top Bottom