Barliman's Perpetual Journal

Nothing in particular. Maybe you have some insight to the dos/don'ts. We are growing 11 or so photo plants now. Our first auto grew a good taproot but didn't take to the soil. I'm still a little hopeful for her, but she's not popping like she should be. We dropped another in the water last night, hoping she will adapt better than her sis.

Sure thing. ;)

I grow in 3 gallon containers and I start the seed in the pot it will finish in (no transplanting).

At day 14, I begin LSTing the plant. One strap around the base of the stem (12 o clock), another half way up the stem (6 o clock) and I pull the top over to about 30 degrees. Nothing too harsh. I'm not trying to break apical dominance, just exposing the lower limbs to more light as the plant grows.

They usually start to go up a bit fast after that and I just keep the main cola LSTd to the level of the rising secondaries. You sort of get a feel for it after a couple. You're only LSTing and adjusting for a couple of weeks or so. Not too much work.

As the lower branches stretch up, I stake around the edge of the pot and using string, pull the secondaries out to the edges, in order to open the plant up a bit and allow good light penetration all the way down the stem.

I don't defoliate at all. I'll sometimes LST a troublesome fan out the way.

If you end up with a nice flat topped plant, you maximise the individual plants potential.

Try not to stress them at all. Environment is key really.

I completely ignore breeders timescales. Let the plant tell you it's finished, pistils brown, swollen calyxes, sticky, smelly and solid.

Anything else that pops into your head, feel free to ask.

:Namaste: KiG

Sure thing. ;)

I grow in 3 gallon containers and I start the seed in the pot it will finish in (no transplanting).

At day 14, I begin LSTing the plant. One strap around the base of the stem (12 o clock), another half way up the stem (6 o clock) and I pull the top over to about 30 degrees. Nothing too harsh. I'm not trying to break apical dominance, just exposing the lower limbs to more light as the plant grows.

They usually start to go up a bit fast after that and I just keep the main cola LSTd to the level of the rising secondaries. You sort of get a feel for it after a couple. You're only LSTing and adjusting for a couple of weeks or so. Not too much work.

As the lower branches stretch up, I stake around the edge of the pot and using string, pull the secondaries out to the edges, in order to open the plant up a bit and allow good light penetration all the way down the stem.

I don't defoliate at all. I'll sometimes LST a troublesome fan out the way.

If you end up with a nice flat topped plant, you maximise the individual plants potential.

Try not to stress them at all. Environment is key really.

I completely ignore breeders timescales. Let the plant tell you it's finished, pistils brown, swollen calyxes, sticky, smelly and solid.

Anything else that pops into your head, feel free to ask.

:Namaste: KiG
That is a great wealth of information! I'm so glad I stopped by to chat. I thank you so much! :thumb: Caring for the autos sounds similar to how we now take care of our photos. Thanks again and have an amazingly awesome day!

We have 2 already for the photos. Nismo12's first and second grows. We will start another journal with the autos. I'm thinking it will be a perpetual grow that will include all the plants we start from seeds. We haven't worked out the kinks, but that's what we are thinking. Feel free to stop on by and show nismo some love. It would be much appreciated.

I'll do a search and get subbed in. Nice to meet you. ;)

:Namaste:

20160425_114301_2.jpg

Like a kid on Christmas morning. :D

I've haven't heard of Memphis to genetics. Have you ordered from them before?

Hi Canna,

Their name just kept popping up when I was researching the best autoflowering genetics. I then followed and read a lot of grow journals and reviews of their gear. Everything I read was positive and their lines seem to be incredibly stable so I made the decision to run a few. I'm really excited, Sour Crack is going into a cup of water this evening.

Pandora by Paradise Seeds was harvested today, at day 93. Her wet weight was 305g (10.8oz), which will dry down to around 82g (2.9oz).

She was a very finicky plant to keep happy, I don't think she was too happy cramped in a corner. We got her across the line though. ;)

20160425_131205_2.jpg

20160425_131213_2.jpg

Peace out. KiG

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along to nismo12. He does all the ordering around here. Lol

Seriously check them. "Mephisto Genetics." Especially as you're starting Autos, give yourself the best genes from the get-go.

;)

Just ordered a bunch of mephisto genetics, I think they've got some great strains. Can't wait to try the hubbabubbasmelloscope, just want to say the name more. Lol. Got a bunch of strains already and more coming. Yippee!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I'm seriously excited about running their lines. Sour Crack had a nice tap root and went into soil today.

What strains did you pick?

Just ordered a bunch of mephisto genetics, I think they've got some great strains. Can't wait to try the hubbabubbasmelloscope, just want to say the name more. Lol. Got a bunch of strains already and more coming. Yippee!

KiG :green_heart:cheers
Can you order from Mephisto genetics and opt out of the signature on delivery? I can't say I'll be home the day the beans chose to arrive.

Can you order from Mephisto genetics and opt out of the signature on delivery? I can't say I'll be home the day the beans chose to arrive.

Hi Canna, we didn't have to sign for ours, they simply arrived in a packet.

Hey Barliman
My first post. :)
I've been looking for a feed like this for ages now.im looking to have a similar setup to yours but trying to gather as much info on different strains and reputable breeders as possible. Are you UK based? How many plants would you recommend for the same size tent as u said it seemed a bit overcrowded in yours?. And which banks/breeders do you recommend for autoflowers?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G928F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom