Barliman's Perpetual Journal

Hey Barliman
My first post. :)
I've been looking for a feed like this for ages now.im looking to have a similar setup to yours but trying to gather as much info on different strains and reputable breeders as possible. Are you UK based? How many plants would you recommend for the same size tent as u said it seemed a bit overcrowded in yours?. And which banks/breeders do you recommend for autoflowers?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G928F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Kali, thanks for dropping in.

For buying seeds, I recommend going to the breeders website and purchasing direct. Seed banks can be a little bit hit and miss, particularly if you're buying single seeds.

Breeders I'd recommend are: Sweet Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Dinafem.

I'm running Mephisto for the first time and I'm really excited about them. Their lines have performed in all the journals I've checked out.

I'd say 6 is too many *unless* you are running really stable phenos and know that they will stay small.

I'm running 5 now.

Sub yourself in and we'll see how the Mephisto get on.

Peace, KiG

Hi Kali, thanks for dropping in.

For buying seeds, I recommend going to the breeders website and purchasing direct. Seed banks can be a little bit hit and miss, particularly if you're buying single seeds.

Breeders I'd recommend are: Sweet Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Dinafem.

I'm running Mephisto for the first time and I'm really excited about them. Their lines have performed in all the journals I've checked out.

I'd say 6 is too many *unless* you are running really stable phenos and know that they will stay small.

I'm running 5 now.

Sub yourself in and we'll see how the Mephisto get on.

Peace, KiG
Wow legend, thanks for the swift reply,subscribed.i was initially looking to purchase from the breeders websites but wasn't too sure about it. I think I will look into it again. Had a look at the mephisto strains and they look excellent to say the least so will definitely try them. I'm thinking to get 5-10 different strains from different breeders and see how they all turn out. It's my first time growing but have some help from a veteran grower if needed, but it's always good to hear different opinions.
Can I ask who you use for your equipment or could you recommend anyone.(uk)i know what I want to get,just don't know where from yet lol. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your purple strain turns out.

Thanks again

KALI

Wow legend, thanks for the swift reply,subscribed.i was initially looking to purchase from the breeders websites but wasn't too sure about it. I think I will look into it again. Had a look at the mephisto strains and they look excellent to say the least so will definitely try them. I'm thinking to get 5-10 different strains from different breeders and see how they all turn out. It's my first time growing but have some help from a veteran grower if needed, but it's always good to hear different opinions.
Can I ask who you use for your equipment or could you recommend anyone.(uk)i know what I want to get,just don't know where from yet lol. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your purple strain turns out.

Thanks again

KALI

Hi Kali, I would shop around. I tend to get the item I want at the lowest price, I'm not loyal. A lot of the large web based stores will do you a package deal to get started. Tent, fan and filter. Buy your light separately, they usually make up their margin on reflectors, bulbs and ballasts.

Hope that helps, sorry I can't give specific recommendations. KiG

:Namaste:

Hi Kali, I would shop around. I tend to get the item I want at the lowest price, I'm not loyal. A lot of the large web based stores will do you a package deal to get started. Tent, fan and filter. Buy your light separately, they usually make up their margin on reflectors, bulbs and ballasts.

Hope that helps, sorry I can't give specific recommendations. KiG

:Namaste:
Hi Barliman.

Just reading your comment I'm not loyal made me LMAO.haha. I've made a complete list of all the different things I need/want and will email a specific site and see what deal they can offer for it all.it totals around the 700 mark atm so I'll see what they can knock off.going to order a few seeds today from heavyweight seeds as I've read a fair bit about them and they seem pretty stable and reliable for auto strains.do u have any feedback u could give me on them. As for lights I've been looking at the LEDs.i won't mention any brands as not sure they are allowed to be endorsed on here. Again any feedback on leds you could give me?.
Once again you are a legend my friend

Peace

KALI

Hi Barliman.

Just reading your comment I'm not loyal made me LMAO.haha. I've made a complete list of all the different things I need/want and will email a specific site and see what deal they can offer for it all.it totals around the 700 mark atm so I'll see what they can knock off.going to order a few seeds today from heavyweight seeds as I've read a fair bit about them and they seem pretty stable and reliable for auto strains.do u have any feedback u could give me on them. As for lights I've been looking at the LEDs.i won't mention any brands as not sure they are allowed to be endorsed on here. Again any feedback on leds you could give me?.
Once again you are a legend my friend

Peace

KALI

I've never grown anything from them mate and I've only ever used HPS / MH.

If you head on over to Sweet Sue's Healing Garden (same sub-forum as this, it's her perpetual grow journal) and introduce yourself, someone there would definitely be able to assist you with LED related questions.

Peace out.

Here's our Dark Devil from Sweet Seeds at day 69. She's got a way to go yet.

20160502_203909.jpg

20160502_204030_2.jpg

20160502_203933_2.jpg

KiG :Namaste:

Kalijah, :welcome: to 420! I see you are asking about what to grow. The sky is the limit!
Hey canna

Yer I'm looking into growing autos as I like the flexibility they give u and the quick harvest time. I plan to to gather about 10-15 different strains and see which works best for me.

Peace

Kali

Hey canna

Yer I'm looking into growing autos as I like the flexibility they give u and the quick harvest time. I plan to to gather about 10-15 different strains and see which works best for me.

Peace

Kali
Sounds like a good plan. Right now we are having a hard time getting autos to pop out of the soil. Maybe start with some photos to get a feel for it.

Sounds like a good plan. Right now we are having a hard time getting autos to pop out of the soil. Maybe start with some photos to get a feel for it.
I can get some nice cuttings from a friend it's just I'd rather not have the same stuff that's floating around all the time. I'm looking at a 4 x 4 tent with the marsII 900w led atm.i just like the idea of just leaving them on the same light cycle and letting them do what they do best. Are u planting seed straight in soil?

I can get some nice cuttings from a friend it's just I'd rather not have the same stuff that's floating around all the time. I'm looking at a 4 x 4 tent with the marsII 900w led atm.i just like the idea of just leaving them on the same light cycle and letting them do what they do best. Are u planting seed straight in soil?
We mix potting soil with perlite, bone meal, some worm castings and some stuff the previous owners left behind. They are big on planting and gardening. There is even a greenhouse here. We actually have compost worms making us some castings right now in our indoor composter. It's super cool and it even has a spigot to collect the "worm tea". It's a good organic fertilizer.

We mix potting soil with perlite, bone meal, some worm castings and some stuff the previous owners left behind. They are big on planting and gardening. There is even a greenhouse here. We actually have compost worms making us some castings right now in our indoor composter. It's super cool and it even has a spigot to collect the "worm tea". It's a good organic fertilizer.
So why do u think you are having problems with germinating in such a rich organic mix? Wish I had the patience to do all of that haha

I have no idea. Lol. Not one auto has popped yet. We have 2 in the dirt now. 1 was planted day before yesterday, 1 yesterday. We previously lost 2 autos before these. We wait till they have a good taproot, then put them about 1/4" deep, then cover, then water. This time I'm using aloe water (a suggestion from SweetSue) so we shall see what happens.
Wow that's surprising considering your using such a good soil mix.im tested to use the root it cubes to sprout mine in the pot them straight in 15 air pots

Back
Top Bottom