Barney’s Farm With The Mars Hydro

Not quite as cavalier as you might think, although I am tenacious.

It is my understanding that the cannabis plants do not require a dark period in veg. That plants can only take in and/or utilize so much light, what is in excess is wasted. What I am attempting to do is dial it in. I’m fairly confident I can get there utilizing the hours of light, % of power and distance to canopy. Enjoy the day.
True, a photo can be vegged even under a 24/0 light cycle. I believe most do 18/6 because it's cost-efficient (as you said, excess light is wasted).

I did not intend to question or place doubt on your method. I'm just here to watch and observe the magic!

I am just as confident as you are that you can pull this off. I'll be here. :nomo:

Thanks, $4 at Longs. Family comes from Molokai at Christmas
Thanks Braddah, I checked them out online. All kinds styles you never see at longs. My brother in law still lives Molokai.

I had a busy morning in the city. Came home and checked on how the curing from the last run was coming before prepping pots for transplant. They're all looking pretty good. I so do love the rituals, steps and processes of a good grow. I chose a Banger bud for the afternoon. Tomorrow it’ll be a month since she was chopped. Amazing what a little cure can do to good bud. It’s a strong happy stoned. I had a good last grow, just for the variety alone.
Grateful & stoned now. :ganjamon:

The .5 gallon pots are ready for tomorrows 1st uppotting. I like to prep and water a day prior and put in the same environment as the seedlings overnight. I think they look vibrant for their age. It should go quick.

GDB, I didn’t mean to get or sound testy yesterday. It’s been a complicated few weeks for me. Glad it’s over.. And I’m glad you’re here. Please stick around.

Happy grows :peace:

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

That Banger bud looks like...a banger! :Rasta:

Looking forward!

Today is day 7 and its also transplant day. It was an easy transition to the .5 gal pots. The pre-made holes were sprayed with water and a decent pinch of mycorrhiza was added to the hole. A good amount of water was poured around the seedling to marry the two.
The Mars TS3000 is now at 70% power and there are 20" between the light and the canopy. The Barney's are is showing some strong early roots. Were off!

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

Hi Stinker :)

I‘m hoping I’m not too late to join in :)

I love watching a grow adventure from the beginning and I’m a huge fan of both Barney’s Seeds and Mars Hydro :)
Hi Trala, never too late, glad to have you. Mars and Barney's should be a good fit. :blunt:

Hi Trala, never too late, glad to have you. Mars and Barney's should be a good fit. :blunt:
My Mars Hydro light has never missed a beat. And apart from a defective Barney’s Wedding Cake seed, my Barney’s Seeds have been on fleek.

I have a replacement Wedding Cake seed that I’m really looking forward to planting.

Today is day 7 and its also transplant day. It was an easy transition to the .5 gal pots. The pre-made holes were sprayed with water and a decent pinch of mycorrhiza was added to the hole. A good amount of water was poured around the seedling to marry the two.
The Mars TS3000 is now at 70% power and there are 20" between the light and the canopy. The Barney's are is showing some strong early roots. Were off!

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG
Nice

My Mars Hydro light has never missed a beat. And apart from a defective Barney’s Wedding Cake seed, my Barney’s Seeds have been on fleek.

I have a replacement Wedding Cake seed that I’m really looking forward to planting.
Hi Trala, what was wrong with the Wedding Cake Seed? Glad you have a replacement in the wings. I almost went with WC and decided to try the Runtz Muffin instead.

Hi Trala, what was wrong with the Wedding Cake Seed? Glad you have a replacement in the wings. I almost went with WC and decided to try the Runtz Muffin instead.
Good morning :)

It was half a seed. And I’m glad too. It is the seed that has excited me most. I have seen some extraordinary Wedding Cake plants in this forum.

Good morning, after a quick peek in the tent this morning, it was time for a coffee and a toke. :blunt:It’s a Blueberry morning, she even rewarded with a bean. :snowboating:

The seedlings are progressing nicely. I’ll take the first nodes in a day or so. It is supposed to be a nice day today, so ill prep the soil for the 5 Gal bags that these will go in. I soak the bags clean and dry them after the previous use. This will be the 3rd grow in these. Is there a disadvantage to reusing bags? The plan is for a 35 day veg before flipping.

The pots are still heavy from the transplant watering, only the tops are dry. I’ll spray the tops of the pots this afternoon. They are growing strong, so they should start to drink soon.

The MXOP is overtaking the LT. I might need to get the light dialed in a little bit better, there is a little pulling towards the light. It’s odd as the light should be fairly even & consistent. I need to find and learn to use my LUX meter. I’m rather hoping this corrects itself as they grow a little taller. For now I rotate the pots. I’ll kick the power up to 80% soon, at 75% now. The color is a bit limey to me but they are young.

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

Is that a 'selfed' bean?
I must have had a nanner in my last grow. 1st indoor photo grow. I looked and looked but never found the culprit. Twice I took every plant out and inspected for nanners or male parts, nothing. As a result, I have a few, to 2/18 seeds per, from 4 strains so far. I'm pleased. It appears only lower buds were polinated. The big mains are clear. I couldn't have planned it better. I suspect it was the Peyote that threw a nanner. The peyote was a self from last summers outdoor. Peyote pics from indoor.

DSC01028.JPG

DSC01029.JPG

Hey mind if I follow ,,
I'm also growing a barney's farm seed an orange sherbet,,its only a couple of days old so long time to wait
Nice lights by the way, look powerful, personally wouldn't go above 75% in early veg so it looks good to me :ganjamon:

Hey mind if I follow ,,
I'm also growing a barney's farm seed an orange sherbet,,its only a couple of days old so long time to wait
Nice lights by the way, look powerful, personally wouldn't go above 75% in early veg so it looks good to me :ganjamon:
Glad to have you. I'm watching one of yours :ganjamon:

I had a few issues with my orange sherbet but she starting to rock now :ganjamon:
She's in the same photo grow as Bruce and the diesel,,,I shall introduce a few more characters in my journal :ganjamon:
Wishin nuthin but good vibes for your grow :meditate:

Back
Top Bottom