Barney’s Farm With The Mars Hydro

I recently won a Mars FC 3000 in a drawing here. As part of the win, I agreed to feature the light in a journal. This is that journal.
Barneys Farm are 420.Magazine Sponsors. Pairing the two for this grow should produce some :circle-of-love:.

The lighting: I am impressed with the FC 3000 specifications and look forward to seeing what we can do. The light is being sent from China; until it arrives I will be using my Mars, TS 1000
The specs on the FC 3000 show that the Commercial flower footprint is 60 cm and the Personal footprint is 90 cm. We should see great results in my 70 x 70 cm (27”x 27”).

The Genetics: All Barney's Farm. We start with the RUNTZ MUFFIN™ a strain I have wanted to grow out for awhile. We also have a couple of the newer releases. A LEMON TREE™ and the MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH™. With these new genetics we have a tasty trio from Barney’s Farm.

The Medium: I use local organic soil that I amend with worm castings, glacial rock dust, and pearlite. I regularly up-pot until I get to a final 5 gal grow bag, therefore I don't need much as far as added nutrients in veg. I will continue with my usual 3 part bottled nutrients for later veg and flowering. Someday soon I hope to be in hydro indoors and a living soil outdoors.

The Grower: Me, a mostly retired 61 year old socially awkward male. This will be my 3rd indoor grow and 2nd, photo-period indoor grow. As a teen, I grew a few outdoor gorilla grows in the SFV, CA. This was the 1970’s. I stopped smoking for awhile in my mid 20’s and started again in my early 50’s. I love it! Always did.

The Grow: It’s early, there’s not much to show yet. After being sandwiched between wet paper towels, all three were showing tails at 30 hours, I then moved them to soil. Overnight, the Lemon Tree (LT) and The Mimosa (MXOP) broke soil. I’m confident the Runtz (RM) will show herself by tonight.
I’m thinking we should see some fine cannabis from this grow with this light and these genetics. There's not much to see yet, so I included a shot of my outdoor Barney’s Farm, Dos Si Dos 33.

I would be grateful to anyone that wants to follow along. I’m not comfortable tagging anyone. If I were to do so, it would show how few people I actually interact with here. I’m hoping with this grow I can change that and I learn to be more interactive with others.

Happy grows :peace:

DSC01100.JPG

DSC01106.JPG

DSC01107.JPG

DSC01103.JPG

Hey stinker, great beginnings underway! The strains you're kicking off sound interesting and potent, I'm sure that Mars light is going to go well when it reaches you. All the best. :Rasta:
Thank you, Stunger. The Runtz Muffin is something I wanted to grow out for awhile. The other two are interesting, potent and colorful. For me the % of THC is not the key to a strong high. The B. Banger I just grew out is so stony with a much lower THC%, a real good laughing Buzz . The high THC stuff can be hard hitting, and In your face sometimes. I like it also.
The Runtz popped last night, this will be day 1 for the 3. :blunt:

The new light arrived today. It was in a plain brown box without any indication of what’s inside. I was expecting to pay a duty and was pleasantly surprised when nothing was owed. Thank you Mars

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

Good morning. I am an early riser, always have been. I like the quiet beginning of the new day.

Here in the tent, the new growth grows. There is never much to see this early in a new grow. Friday they popped, today is Tuesday morning. Roots are poking out the holes in the bottoms of the square containers. Last night I added an alfalfa based stimulant along with macro nutes to the feed/water. These little seedlings are showing some deep definition in their first leaves. The Lemon Tree is leading the pack.

I have the light at 20” above seedlings with the strength at 65%. There is conflicting info on where height & strength should be with the bar type lights. I started at 50%, now at 65% and plan to get to 80% asap. After initial uppot, I’ll lower pots, adjust the light height, keeping at the same distance, and let the plants grow into the light for awhile, adjusting as needed. I would like to keep the other 20% light strength in reserve for budding.

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

Hope you don't mind me pulling up a chair @stinker. I'd like to follow along despite the fact that you're the reason I didn't win the FC 3000! :Rasta:

That outdoor plant looks pampered. Great job!

Your babies are growing fast. I can never get my seeds to grow up so quickly. (I wonder why?)

I've heard nothing but raves for the Runtz Muffin. I hope they are deserved.

I recently won a Mars FC 3000 in a drawing here. As part of the win, I agreed to feature the light in a journal. This is that journal.
Barneys Farm are 420.Magazine Sponsors. Pairing the two for this grow should produce some :circle-of-love:.

The lighting: I am impressed with the FC 3000 specifications and look forward to seeing what we can do. The light is being sent from China; until it arrives I will be using my Mars, TS 1000
The specs on the FC 3000 show that the Commercial flower footprint is 60 cm and the Personal footprint is 90 cm. We should see great results in my 70 x 70 cm (27”x 27”).

The Genetics: All Barney's Farm. We start with the RUNTZ MUFFIN™ a strain I have wanted to grow out for awhile. We also have a couple of the newer releases. A LEMON TREE™ and the MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH™. With these new genetics we have a tasty trio from Barney’s Farm.

The Medium: I use local organic soil that I amend with worm castings, glacial rock dust, and pearlite. I regularly up-pot until I get to a final 5 gal grow bag, therefore I don't need much as far as added nutrients in veg. I will continue with my usual 3 part bottled nutrients for later veg and flowering. Someday soon I hope to be in hydro indoors and a living soil outdoors.

The Grower: Me, a mostly retired 61 year old socially awkward male. This will be my 3rd indoor grow and 2nd, photo-period indoor grow. As a teen, I grew a few outdoor gorilla grows in the SFV, CA. This was the 1970’s. I stopped smoking for awhile in my mid 20’s and started again in my early 50’s. I love it! Always did.

The Grow: It’s early, there’s not much to show yet. After being sandwiched between wet paper towels, all three were showing tails at 30 hours, I then moved them to soil. Overnight, the Lemon Tree (LT) and The Mimosa (MXOP) broke soil. I’m confident the Runtz (RM) will show herself by tonight.
I’m thinking we should see some fine cannabis from this grow with this light and these genetics. There's not much to see yet, so I included a shot of my outdoor Barney’s Farm, Dos Si Dos 33.

I would be grateful to anyone that wants to follow along. I’m not comfortable tagging anyone. If I were to do so, it would show how few people I actually interact with here. I’m hoping with this grow I can change that and I learn to be more interactive with others.

DSC01100.JPG

DSC01106.JPG

DSC01107.JPG

DSC01103.JPG
Looking good! I’ll follow along. :popcorn:

That's looking good, mate. Good luck with your grow.
Thank you. Going to give it my best shot.
Hope you don't mind me pulling up a chair @stinker. I'd like to follow along despite the fact that you're the reason I didn't win the FC 3000! :Rasta:

That outdoor plant looks pampered. Great job!

Your babies are growing fast. I can never get my seeds to grow up so quickly. (I wonder why?)

I've heard nothing but raves for the Runtz Muffin. I hope they are deserved.
GDB, its a pleasure to have you along. Don't worry, I'll put the FC3000 to good use, better luck next time.
The pampered Dos Si Dos has had all 10 of her main branches supercropped in at least 3 places. She is a trooper!
How could I not try the Runts, their qualifier is over the top, making it a must try for me"balanced and saucy hybrid will quickly deliver you to another flabbergasting level of relaxation, shattering any mental tensions and ensures that you can carry on through your day".
Looking good buddy! Excited to see how this one plays out!
Glad you are here for the ride Braddah. Shoots, my slipah bust, only 1 mo pair local left
Looking good! I’ll follow along. :popcorn:
Welcome DeeBoy, :thanks:
Hey Stinker! I'll pull up a chair as well if you don't mind? I'll be in the back taking notes. I brought :popcorn:!

Beautiful view outside! And a nice plant too :green_heart:
:welcome: Rexer. Glad to have you along. I think I'll be the one taking notes.
I'm glad your here.
---
I'm overwhelmed by the support. :thanks:

Its day 5 and the roots are showing good and they have been drinking well. Last night I fully watered to minimum runoff. I'll let them dry out a bit and uppot to their first larger pots on Friday.

My first grow was 3 autos and I ran the lights at 18/6. The last were 4 photos and the lights were also at 18/6. This run, I’m trying 20/4, the lights are also twice as strong. Do the couple hours make a difference?
My last grow I had trouble getting the plants to finish. They wanted to stay green and kept popping out fresh pistols until the end. Outside is not the same. If that happens again I think I will try cutting the hours back at the end more than the 12/12.

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

Thank you. Going to give it my best shot.

GDB, its a pleasure to have you along. Don't worry, I'll put the FC3000 to good use, better luck next time.
The pampered Dos Si Dos has had all 10 of her main branches supercropped in at least 3 places. She is a trooper!
How could I not try the Runts, their qualifier is over the top, making it a must try for me"balanced and saucy hybrid will quickly deliver you to another flabbergasting level of relaxation, shattering any mental tensions and ensures that you can carry on through your day".

Glad you are here for the ride Braddah. Shoots, my slipah bust, only 1 mo pair local left

Welcome DeeBoy, :thanks:

:welcome: Rexer. Glad to have you along. I think I'll be the one taking notes.

I'm glad your here.
---
I'm overwhelmed by the support. :thanks:
They sell em online now... But $15!!!!! :lot-o-toke:

You gonna' run photos under 20/4 with that huge new light? That's bold.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. :Rasta:

You gonna' run photos under 20/4 with that huge new light? That's bold.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. :Rasta:
I've been running these photos @ 20/4 since the day before they popped. It sounds as if you see the schedule as detrimental?

I've been running these photos @ 20/4 since the day before they popped. It sounds as if you see the schedule as detrimental?
I didn't mean to sound that way. It's just that most seem to exercise caution when upgrading to a monster light. Your attitude seems to be, "The hell with it. I wanna' see what this puppy can do!"

I admire your tenacity! :Rasta:

I run my photo seedlings @ 24/0 for about 10 days before switching them to 18/6. I've never tried a complete photo veg period under 20/4. I am captivated!

I didn't mean to sound that way. It's just that most seem to exercise caution when upgrading to a monster light. Your attitude seems to be, "The hell with it. I wanna' see what this puppy can do!"

I admire your tenacity! :Rasta:

I run my photo seedlings @ 24/0 for about 10 days before switching them to 18/6. I've never tried a complete photo veg period under 20/4. I am captivated!
Not quite as cavalier as you might think, although I am tenacious.

It is my understanding that the cannabis plants do not require a dark period in veg. That plants can only take in and/or utilize so much light, what is in excess is wasted. What I am attempting to do is dial it in. I’m fairly confident I can get there utilizing the hours of light, % of power and distance to canopy. Enjoy the day.

Back
Top Bottom