Barney's Farm - Acapulco Gold

Dayzt

A few pics from my current grow - Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold feminized. These pics were taken at the end of 7 weeks' flowering and and are currently in the middle of week 8. Enjoy!

DSC029071.jpg

DSC029031.jpg

DSC029002.jpg

DSC029061.jpg

I did some of these too check out my journal :) any new updates here is my #2
2_update_12-10.JPG
2_budd1.JPG

Hey man - yep, mine are all (except for one) coming down this weekend. Last week we harvested one plant of it as well that had finished earlier than the rest. It was still a bit wet after drying for about 4 days so I have it in a curing jar now. We've tried a bit of it and the high is very uplifting - it will take another few weeks before it starts to really be smokable though. I can't believe how frosty this strain is! I've got a grow journal for them on another site but it won't let me post it here and I can't PM until I have at least 50 posts here...

Yours look very leafy - did you notice a high leaf-to-calyx ratio on them? I have one plant that is much more leafy than the others...and one pheno is very sativa-dom which looks like it will go an additional week or two than the others. If you can get some clearer pics, post up some bud shots! =)

well this is #2. my first was 70 dense nug and 30% airy budd only had 300watts of hps over them so may have hurt it. also this one had a majority of mh light over her untill a month ago when i got my second 150. my #3 look to be my best pheno so far tight and dense with hardly any leaves but only a 3' with lst so i dont know what it could have done if aloud to go ape shite like #1 n 2. I wanted to get more plants in my flower box, so had to cut their size a tad. Were yours done in hydro or soil ? my were in rdwc 5 gal buckets in 6" net pots with hydroton. my #3 is in ffof as are 4 and 5 too. 3 is in a 1 gal pot and 4 N5 are in 3 gal trying to see which will work the best with ffof :)

;)

Here's one last pic update for the Acapulco Gold... I'm about 2/3 done harvesting these plants and although they aren't really even ready to smoke yet (closest one is done drying and cured for just over 1 week), we've tried some both in a joint and in the vaporizer and we're super-impressed! Definitely a potent strain and it puts you up in the clouds very quickly! My wife and I both had our ears 'pop' the first time we tried it... like the feeling you get when you change altitude too fast...lol. Enjoy the pics - I hope these help convince some peeps out there to try this strain - another winner from Barney's!!!!

DSC02983.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02996.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02998.jpg

DSC03001.jpg

...and some beautiful dried AG nugs...never seen anything quite THIS frosty!

DSC02977.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

Happy smoking!! :grinjoint:

yup very awsome strain. Sooo powerful although great wake N bake budd aswell. I kinda like both although its not very sleepy though. I kinda have insomnia so i usually take a toke or two b4 bed to help me sleep. cant wait to try some titnticure and honeyH with this strain. I am sure it will be very worth while even my fans are coated with trichs :) ENjoy dayz :) Any weights on ur harvest ? mine did about 3z on #1 hope #2 pays a tad more like 4-5

yup very awsome strain. Sooo powerful although great wake N bake budd aswell. I kinda like both although its not very sleepy though. I kinda have insomnia so i usually take a toke or two b4 bed to help me sleep. cant wait to try some titnticure and honeyH with this strain. I am sure it will be very worth while even my fans are coated with trichs :) ENjoy dayz :) Any weights on ur harvest ? mine did about 3z on #1 hope #2 pays a tad more like 4-5

I couldn't agree more - this is very nice w'n'b bud, but you need to have an indica as well if you smoke late in the day - this one may keep you up if you smoke it too late. I got some 'primo' trim from these girls which we plan to use to make butter with - should make some nice medibles! Maybe I'm just slow, but I spent over 2 hrs on each plant manicuring them as good as I can, to get rid of almost all of the leaf...which is why the trim is almost 'smokable'..lol.

My weights have not been great - only about an O per plant - but it's potent enough that it will still last us about 3 months or more to smoke, especially if we vape it. It's easy to get carried away with trying to get MORE and BIGGER yields all the time, but I have to keep telling myself that quality is so much more important than quantity...just have to try and see beyond the dollar-signs and be thankful that we don't have to pay for 'mystery weed' anymore now that we have our own in the basement and cupboard! =)

Peace man! :hookah:

I hear ya - I'm in mid-western Canada and prices here are normally $120 for a half which is pretty close to you, but here it's mystery weed most of the time which means you never know what you're getting for quality - from what I can tell though, it's pretty much all hydro grown...i've seen some White Widow, Green Crack, OG Kush and Purple Kush but most of the time it's just 'reggie' (our nickname for 'regular' weed)

;)

Here's one last pic update for the Acapulco Gold... I'm about 2/3 done harvesting these plants and although they aren't really even ready to smoke yet (closest one is done drying and cured for just over 1 week), we've tried some both in a joint and in the vaporizer and we're super-impressed! Definitely a potent strain and it puts you up in the clouds very quickly! My wife and I both had our ears 'pop' the first time we tried it... like the feeling you get when you change altitude too fast...lol. Enjoy the pics - I hope these help convince some peeps out there to try this strain - another winner from Barney's!!!!

DSC02983.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02996.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02998.jpg

DSC03001.jpg

...and some beautiful dried AG nugs...never seen anything quite THIS frosty!

DSC02977.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

Happy smoking!! :grinjoint:
Looks very good ! Ive been lookin for info on AG like how fast it grows max or min nutes if its easy to clone ,whateva u cn tell me about that strain, not a noob but would like to b able to eliminate most guess wrk n error, mine will be controled but outdoor above n in ground b startn in 2wks so anyadvice will be greatly appreciated also gonna do OG so please id really appreciate it ! 420wishes

Hey there gosensi - wow, it's been a few years now since this grow. I believe it was journaled on another site, but I don't think it's allowed to post links here to other message boards, but if you google these 3 words: 'acapulco gold dayzt' , you'll see the first few hits will get you to my journal on the roll-it-up site.

Aside from that though, from what I can remember this strain was very hearty and strong with decent leaf/bud ratio. As you can see it yields respectable amounts of resin-filled buds. I was growing in soil back then (i've since switched completely to waterfarms), indoors in a grow-tent. Nutes would have never exceeded around 1200 ppm and were started out very light (nothing until about 3 weeks into veg), but I didn't measure them that way when I grew in soil. You'll have to check my journal, but I likely used some molasses towards the last few weeks of flower and then did about a weeks worth of flushing before harvest.

I suppose overall, I don't recall anything too special about this strain - the Barney's Farm strains have all been very good to me without much hassle. Our climate here is quite dry and cold although I grow indoors, so that won't help you much..lol. Let me know how you make out with the info on my grow journal.

peace!

Back
Top Bottom