Barneys Farm Acapulco Gold

jaxom101

Does anyone have any Experience with this one? I'm considering it for a Indoor tent grow and wondered if it would be worth trying? Being an Old Fart that Grew up on this I just love the Idea of it.

Barneys Farm Acapulco Gold goes far beyond the often extravagant enthusiasm smoke of the old days. However, capturing its spirit was vital. Like the original namesake, these gorgeous, firm colas are speckled with gold and reddish brown, with very visible THC crystals. The intense fruity flavors pack a strong sensation that really hangs around. Acapulco Gold is sativa dominant, offering a long lasting high that balances upbeat effects with body-relaxing, stress reducing calmness. Acapulco Gold's Yield Optimum indoor is 500 gr/m2. It's indoor height is 70 — 80 cm, Indoor flowering time for these cannabis seeds take 70 — 75 days. Outdoor harvest time is Mid October. Acapulco Gold has a strong THC, as high as 23%

LOL...yep, it use to come with seeds. I've been curious to try it also. Back in the day it was one of those 'uplifting' great mood, lets go some where with a smile buzz. It wasn't 23% though unless it was made into a concentrate, but, it was my fav. If you grow this strain keep us posted, I'm curious also and almost picked this strain & switched to Blue Dream. Peace

LOL...yep, it use to come with seeds. I've been curious to try it also. Back in the day it was one of those 'uplifting' great mood, lets go some where with a smile buzz. It wasn't 23% though unless it was made into a concentrate, but, it was my fav. If you grow this strain keep us posted, I'm curious also and almost picked this strain & switched to Blue Dream. Peace

I just got some blue dream the other day. its nice smoke.

- musshy

I talked to a Guy the other day that tried some. He said it was good but nothing to do with the Old Original. I'm excited to check out my TGA Jillybean. I just popped 4/5 seeds for now and crossing fingers for the 5th

I grew out [1] Barney's Acapulco Gold. It was not an easy grow. I grew it from seed in FFOF soil. I believe the soil was too hot for the AG. It did not do well in VEG for me, but after the flip to 12/12, the plant got 4 times as big. I harvested it after 9 weeks with mostly cloudy trichs. After a few months cure, it is some of the best weed I've ever smoked. Uplifting, and NO couch lock. 1/2 joint buzz lasts for couple hours or so....Next time I grow it, I will use the happy frog soil instead, and veg it for a couple months, and train it . Its worth growing in my opinion. GOOD WEED to add to the STASH!!

I had the liberty to try the original in Hollywood California back between 1969 and 1971, all a blur now lol , The owner of the biggest head shop there " the house of four winds" invited me and my hitchhiking girlfriend to his place after work late. He pulled out a shoe box of a dozen or so buds long pure yellow, and not so impressive looking. We smoked maybe 2 small joints and we left palatalized on the floor while he went to get drinks. I have to this day never been so stoned on a herb before, even the Santa maria's red and gold that were around in the states for years compressed Colombian bricks of kick ass weed, a pin joint would go 4 ways and nobody wanted more after! The strain I think is worth trying and I plan on doing so my self by fall. It should be a almost full sativa requiring at least 3 to 4 months of veg and up to 12 to 14 weeks to properly finish out ...we will see! :thumb::ganjamon::ganjamon:

If I can chime in, the best selection of pure sativas these days is carrried by ACE Seeds and Cannabiogen, both Spanish breeders.

This was a 'flashback' ! Nice post and a refreshing memory of 'back in the day'. Hollywood was a 'trip' back then. Was getting 'high end' smoke back then from Hermosa/Manhattan Beach and Laguna Beach for the L :)

I had the liberty to try the original in Hollywood California back between 1969 and 1971, all a blur now lol , The owner of the biggest head shop there " the house of four winds" invited me and my hitchhiking girlfriend to his place after work late. He pulled out a shoe box of a dozen or so buds long pure yellow, and not so impressive looking. We smoked maybe 2 small joints and we left palatalized on the floor while he went to get drinks. I have to this day never been so stoned on a herb before, even the Santa maria's red and gold that were around in the states for years compressed Colombian bricks of kick ass weed, a pin joint would go 4 ways and nobody wanted more after! The strain I think is worth trying and I plan on doing so my self by fall. It should be a almost full sativa requiring at least 3 to 4 months of veg and up to 12 to 14 weeks to properly finish out ...we will see! :thumb::ganjamon::ganjamon:

If I can chime in, the best selection of pure sativas these days is carrried by ACE Seeds and Cannabiogen, both Spanish breeders.

Yeah, I've definitely heard good things about Ace and Cannabiogen!

I've got my eye on Ace: Purple Haze x Thai and Cannabiogen: Panama (Punta Rosa looked interesting too, but I think that one may be gone forever now)

Does anyone have any Experience with this one? I'm considering it for a Indoor tent grow and wondered if it would be worth trying? Being an Old Fart that Grew up on this I just love the Idea of it.

I'm growing Barney's Acapulco Gold.

Hey man, I'm 26 days into flowering with this beauty. Best smoke I've ever had the pleasure of. Whether or not Barney's have captured the essence remains to be seen.

DWC - 15/12L (using 'Ionic Hydro' grow/bloom nutrients) it's an absolute doddle. Insane growth throughout. Judging by what she's got already I should be in for an absolute belter, considering she'll be at least another 4 weeks. I can't wait.

Attachments

• 20181125_085736.jpg
    20181125_085736.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 177
Yes Barneys Farm worked it over pretty good to get it to perform indoors. So it should do fine for you. It is also up for selection for me this next run. From everything I have read about it it should performreally well. I have had good luck with Barneys Farm genetics.
Crimea Blue left a lot to be desired! Just saying LMAO

20181216_122524.jpg

Yes Barneys Farm worked it over pretty good to get it to perform indoors. So it should do fine for you. It is also up for selection for me this next run. From everything I have read about it it should performreally well. I have had good luck with Barneys Farm genetics.
Crimea Blue left a lot to be desired! Just saying LMAO

Pretty good ;)
This is my bitch. 48 days into flowering. DWC, using Ionic Nutrients and a 300w CFL (2700k), used a dual spectrum 200w CFL for Veg.

Back
Top Bottom