Barneys Farm Cup Winners Bonanza Starring Root Rapid 8 Pot RWDC

Ganjagrandaddy

Yeeha. Finally underway again. What a month of stress changing systems to this toot rapid dwc. Heres the figures for the Barneys Farm freebies
STRAINS: G13 haze x1
Utopia Haze x3
Laughing Buddhax3
Peyote Critical x1
pinapple express x1 ( auto)

MEDIUM:20ltr root rapid pots (8pot system) rdwc and soil pots ( x2)with sponsored "growcaps" nutes in .

LIGHTING: 2X600w hps

FANS: 2 X RVK 5" one straight through tent for cooltube heat , one exhausting every few hours.
2x clip-on 9"
1x4" intake fan .

NUTES : Canna aqua
Superthrive
Humboldts golden tree
SOIL. 22ltr/11ltr john innis with "Grow cap" sponsored mixed in.( no more nutes needed just water till harvest . Trials for sponser !)

Final seedlings( slightly diff ages due to poor germ rate !) into dwcr and 1200w hps on 24th August.

So here we go

It has been a rollercoaster getting to this point tbh
A change in growing media causing a lot of stress planning and arranging etc. Following last grows sucess with a long (5 weeks ish) lay off , has been frustrating. I got contacted by a rep from Barneys Farm with an amazing offwr and gift of some of their cup winners to grow and diary. I was elated ( still am ) to get an opportunity like this , so snapped it up pronto. 25 cup winner seeds and lots of other merchandise arrived to my shock that it wasnt a scam etc.... I got to work germing them ready for the new system. My plan for 8 of the mixed 5 strains gifted , sadly ended with only 6 survivng to strong seedlings . Plan B came into play with some older Barneys seeds i had gotten from a previous buy and the numbers were bought up to 9 strong and ready ladies. During the time waiting for the germination , i had also gotten contacted about an opportunity to try a new product called " Grow Caps" after entering months ago. They arrived and i was truly intrigued. A packet of powdered nutes with basic mixing (with soil) instruction pics arrived in 3 packs. 1 pack to be mixed with 11 ltrs of non pre nuted soil. Then a basic watering schedule over 24 hours before using for seedlings/seeds/cutting/plant. The hype says no more additional nutes of ANY kind are needed and also will reduce water usage by 30% for the grow. How could i not dive into this one. No extras , saving water, no nute mixing , ph , ppm , etc... . I have used 2 packs in 22ltrs fabric pot for a Laughing Buddha and 11ltr mix for a Pinapple express auto ( could be the ultimate stoners lazy grow breakthrough some of us need.! Lol.
With all that said , lets get ready to rumble.
4 days in on full veg now and all looking as it should. The dwc ladies are settling into their watery home nicely and the growcaps girls have gone mad. Topped the Buddha for manifolding already and she revived by next morning with growth too. She likes something in that mix . The pinapple is developing a few good nodes too so fingers crossed and impressed so far

20180813_172143.jpg

Attachments

• 20180827_215716.jpg
    20180827_215716.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 20180827_215700.jpg
    20180827_215700.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 20180827_215655.jpg
    20180827_215655.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 20180826_223104.jpg
    20180826_223104.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 20180826_223101.jpg
    20180826_223101.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 20180826_223058.jpg
    20180826_223058.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 20180826_223054.jpg
    20180826_223054.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 20180826_223044.jpg
    20180826_223044.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 20180826_223042.jpg
    20180826_223042.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 238
Welcome to you all. Looking forward to the interaction and knowledge share. Any advice/ideas more than welcome. And with that in mind does anyone know a good air pump that doesnt sound like we are on the concourse of an airport with vibration. So far tried suspending it , placimg on paving slab, covering with memory foam ( cant remember if it worked or not !) and even sittung it in fabric pot with coco surrounding it.
Pump is an Hailea v30 .silent as a lamb wern stood above it but soon as go floor down , the rumble is crazy. Even stood on car soundproofi g mat and rumbling. Help !!!!!.

Where are the superheroes with a solution???.
Bit the bullet and bought a new Hailea 9810 in the hope of sorting the noise and rumble out. Guess what. ???? FOOKING POINTLESS. Grrrrrr. Same rumble and racket. Goes when the plug is pulled , comes back when the plug goes back on. The pots have airstones so can only assume it must be them. Pots stood on memory foam too ???. Dwc has no stealth ability at all. Not too impressed with it so far and thats without all the " dialing in " headaches on top.
Been a hard few days for the ladies as i screw up their breakfast , dinner and tea by chasing ph issues. Working with such large volumes of water and a control bucket can prove time consuming and tail chasing games. Lol. The ladies in the grow caps are meandering along giggling at the girls trying to make it in their new modern homes too.
So i think i have finally got the mix dialled in and hopefully the ph will stay within its correct range now ( res change coming).
Have topped a couple ready for their manifolding amd hopefully give the younger seedlings some catch up time.
Had the dreaded claw which has me head scratching a little but hoping was down to ph and nute strength. ( was 460ppm now down to 370ppm and ph 5.7) room temps are in the 30's which also heats the res a bit too.( now a chiller needed ffs. Dwc easy !!!!!!)
Lets see what the next few days do at the right mix ?. Heres the weeks pics.

What another up and down week. Growth has been non existent as i messed their feed up somehow. Had to flush for a few days but hopefully saved a couple of the girls from impending death. Still look rough as a badgers arse but i think i have def got it all dialled in now so fingers crossed for this week to get them off the ground. Ppm now at 430 and ph 5.8. Temp of nutes 20.3°
Room temp 27.6°

Just spent 30 mins writing a post update for it to be erased because of catching the back button on phone grrrrrrr. Dwcr doing crap with next to zero growth. Have ppm at 460 , ph5.8 , res temp 21.2 ( using pyth patrol tabs) avg room temp now about 27° have no exhaust issues and the "Grow Caps" ladies are flying , only leaving the seedlings being held back too long as a the main cause. ???!?!! Baffled. The Laughing Buddha is manifoldi g beautifully and adding the cages will give me a great frame to steer them along. Love the caps , they seem to be aceing the rest. The auto Pinapple express ( "Grumpy" ) still looks a bit shady but is flowering a little so fingers crossed. I am germing some Viva Sativa beans as an emergency back up now too so might be replacing the worse few in the buckets. Feels like a wasted few weeks of nutes and leccy but we live and learn. Have ordered some R.Q.S Hulkberry brans for next crop as a treat and compensation to myself !!!lol.

Its time to get a grip on this shit now. Been in the room 3 weeks with 1/4 strength nutes and had a few issues as written but enoungh is enough. The Grow caps still doing justice to Laughing buddha with just a bit of defoliation and now a good bend to create a few knuckles on the mains. Holding her back for the surviving dwcr redidents and waiting for the RQS " Rescue pod" to join rhe party, has given me time to plan for her but she could get out of hand very quickly in the stretch. The other grow caps lady " grumpy" is looking rough as a badgers arse but i think overwaterering upset her. Am using about a lutre a week for the buddha and not watering the express till she is good and dry.
On the dwc side if things. Sod it. I planted the seeds from Royal Queen Seeds and chose 3 Hulkberry a.k.a bruce banner #3 beans and got a RQS Critical freebie added. They are germing great with only 1 Hulkberry still to break the surface. Put a couple of Viva sativa in germ too ( in case). Going to be a challange keeping this lot tamed and happy but here goes. Pics are up to last night. Welcome any comments or advice. Sit back relax amd enjoy

well its been a couple of weeks i think. the screw ups and dilemmas have knocked the stuffing and fun out of this grow so far but to my surprise , today all seems to be kicking into gear.
The ladies are have been putting some new growth out and they do look like they all could make it. i have another few seedlings ready to fill the gaps and maybe replace one or two (they will go into coco though). will be doing a seperate diary for them i think although i expect they will try photobombing the barneys show. have a Royal Queen seeds Hulkberry and also a RQS Critical seedlings ready to join the party. also a couple of Advanced Female Viva Sativa (from last crop) that are jiggling to get in on the action. so much for keeping numbers to 8 ladies. A nice mix of hazes alongside the powerhouse hulk and critical , should numb me from the political shambles that is unfolding for us in the UK. lol .. faith is being restored in the dwcr as we speak.
i feel that this is going to take off now so might be a bit more interesting for anyone joining the journey. peace and love farmers

Attachments

• 20180927_224313.jpg
    20180927_224313.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 210
  • 20180927_224319.jpg
    20180927_224319.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 20180927_224322.jpg
    20180927_224322.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 20180927_224333.jpg
    20180927_224333.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 20180927_224341.jpg
    20180927_224341.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 20180927_224344.jpg
    20180927_224344.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 20180927_224352.jpg
    20180927_224352.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 20180927_224355.jpg
    20180927_224355.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 20180927_224400.jpg
    20180927_224400.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 20180927_224404.jpg
    20180927_224404.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 226
You're getting good hands on experience and learning what not to do so thats very good haha. When i first started, it was soil only and i went with Miracle Grow. I'm so far VERY happy with RDWC. I'm expecting great yields when i possibly harvest tonight at 11pm. I made a few mistakes myself! I cant imagine how amazing this next batch is going to be with me applying all my newfound knowledge + techniques & setup. I think you will end up going with RDWC just because of the additional yields. Some argue if its soil (true organic or is it supersoil?) vs hydro, soil wins in potency(Trichome production) whereas hydro wins in yields followed by potency. IMO ill take that slight lesser potency for more yield any day :D There's still so much i want to test myself regarding true organic soil (compost, SS, whatever the self feeding one is that never requires nutes, just water). Someday when i have a bigger setup i plant to do side by side grows like my best GG#4 dialed in hydro vs GG#4 best dialed in organic soil. Then i can finally say for sure, but even then, that may only end up like that for THAT specific strain where another strain could end up with opposite results, it would require such extensive testing! Anyways im rambling on now so keep up the good work and dont give up hope on RDWC, its truly great for yields! I cant wait to taste test mine after cure :3

You're getting good hands on experience and learning what not to do so thats very good haha. When i first started, it was soil only and i went with Miracle Grow. I'm so far VERY happy with RDWC. I'm expecting great yields when i possibly harvest tonight at 11pm. I made a few mistakes myself! I cant imagine how amazing this next batch is going to be with me applying all my newfound knowledge + techniques & setup. I think you will end up going with RDWC just because of the additional yields. Some argue if its soil (true organic or is it supersoil?) vs hydro, soil wins in potency(Trichome production) whereas hydro wins in yields followed by potency. IMO ill take that slight lesser potency for more yield any day :D There's still so much i want to test myself regarding true organic soil (compost, SS, whatever the self feeding one is that never requires nutes, just water). Someday when i have a bigger setup i plant to do side by side grows like my best GG#4 dialed in hydro vs GG#4 best dialed in organic soil. Then i can finally say for sure, but even then, that may only end up like that for THAT specific strain where another strain could end up with opposite results, it would require such extensive testing! Anyways im rambling on now so keep up the good work and dont give up hope on RDWC, its truly great for yields! I cant wait to taste test mine after cure :3
Thank you. Loved coco and did nft for years an age ago it seems. Rdwc is beginni g to imoress with last nights root growth alone. Good luck with the harvest and tha ks for the boost

Well a few days have passed and all seems to finally be underway again! . The ladies are recovering nicely now and new growth is happening again. The ppm has risen by nearly 100 to 522 so am due a res change so i can put the two new babies alongside in the spare buckets and not cook them.( one week just water while they settle in and drop roots to water). Changing res tonight so all being well another week of water for the girls should ensure the ph lockout is now over.very relieved to not have lost the remaining 6 barneys too.
G13 haze is deffo starting to grow now, she was minute for nearly 3 weeks ?
Utopia haze , peyote critical,liberty haze all show signs of a hard scrap but have come through ready to stack some heavy buds on come flowering time!!.
Even grumpy has improved since i sorted the overwatering issue. The star so far is still the "grow caps" Laughing Buddha from Barneys farm. She is manifolding beautifully and looks green and pleasant too. She will get 2 more veg weeks and a whole load of bending and manipulating to help with final canopy management. So many strains is jard enough but also age/sativa/indica/hybrid range , is also going to make it interesting !!!!! Well beside being a stay at home dad to 2 infants and 1 teen girl , what else am i going to do with my time ?????. Lol. Roll on harvest time

Wow what’s going on here. Granddaddy man should have asked The soul girls look really l good. But those buckets are sad. Sorry if I missed it but what’s your method. Weekly water changes? Ro water? Calmag? Temp at the root zone not the water? How many gallons of water do you have in the buckets. And is your pump putting out clean air. And another thing you should run those air lines through the top of the bucket. When they take flight you will thank me.

Wow what’s going on here. Granddaddy man should have asked The soul girls look really l good. But those buckets are sad. Sorry if I missed it but what’s your method. Weekly water changes? Ro water? Calmag? Temp at the root zone not the water? How many gallons of water do you have in the buckets. And is your pump putting out clean air. And another thing you should run those air lines through the top of the bucket. When they take flight you will thank me.

Phew where to start. Firstly , this is the recovering period and they are looking 100% better than they did !!!. Lol . Has been a scrap with the new system since set up but have the nutes , temp and ph sorted now. The res bucket has been around 22° at worse but using ice bottles and also using pyth patrol tabs , liquid ice and plagron power roots and zym. Also only giving a little superthrive and golden tree. Initially i fed them a 360ppm canna aqua feed too but it was way too much and they suffered badly. Took three weeks to get them better and actually growing again. All the ladies in the room, ( besides the Hulkberry and Critical seedlings), the soil ( grow caps sponsored) ladies were Hermes within a week of each other. Sadly I had to hold off from the dwc for two weeks with the ladies for the buckets due to seedling deaths before moving to sec. This meant panic germing a few more seeds and holding the others in the prop while waiting ( a big mistake looking back. Had to use all available limited space I have so it seemed workable. Once set up I foolishly fed them from day 1 and they hated it. I really thought it was all over for them but kept at it and I reckon I have got them through ( very stressed and took some serious knocks). I def had root issue with floating ( loose)roots in a couple of the pots and assumed onset of pythons so got busy to deal with it. Res changed just under a week ago as i put the new seedlings in. Ppm has been around 250( tap water starts at 137 here so included in total) and have not fed them any canna nutes yet because of the new seedlings. Havr given myself major headaches going this route and still a little to go before i can start with the real grub for the older girls. Aside from previous damage , all have fresh happy new growth and the roots are forming nicely now in the older ones. I scoured 420 forums etc for solutions and why I had this issue with no growth for so long and while changing the feed and being on the ph like a rash , all seems to jave been sorted. The twmps got seriously silly for weeks here with the odd and unusual heatwaves( nibiru , polar shift globally) so they were baking with no way of getting cooler air in from outside. This alone has been a fight.
The air pump pipes are fed through pre drilled holes next to return pipe fittings in each bucket so are held firmly if that is what you mean with the air pipe ??? But if not please advise here as so green on the dwc method ( years nft then coco).
I have gone back to my original air pump that will allow me to use hose to bring fresh air from outside the tent directly into it.
The water is just below the net pots in 20ltr buckets. I did have major th issue with the room only being in the 20% range hence all the towels and buckets so now got it up to 56% in there.
Would love to go RO water route but can't see how without buying an expensive ro system.
Thanks for the look see and appreciate any help you can provide mate. Been a nightmare for such a "simple" way to grow. Lol.
Today's figures. Ppm 267 ( no base nutes) P.H 5.9
Res temp 20.1°

I get all my ro water from a machine for 25c a gallon. So that’s a really great price. But I use 5 gallon buckets with 3 gallons of water in them always. Until I have 3 sets of leaves I won’t feed them just a little rapid rooter and a touch of calmag to keep them healthy. But with the airlines coming in from the sides of the bucket can pose a problem later in the grow. The roots will grow around the air stone and every time you lift your lid they will rip the roots. And the top feed kinda defeated the purpose of having the roots chase the Rez. If your buckets are producing enuf do devolved oxygen you shouldn’t need top feed. When you remove your lid all your Hydrotun should be wet from the bubbles bursting at the top of the water. And that’s enuf to wick the moisture to the pots.

Also tap water could be part of your issue. Have you hade it tested to see what it’s made of. You could be given her more or less of a nutrients she dose t need. That’s where ro come in. I have a starting ppm of 6.

Back
Top Bottom