Barney's Farm Glookies, Capn Style, 600 Watt HPS, Crazy Growth!

HunterHunt

Hello everyone!! Welcome to my grow journal. Up this time around is Barney's Farm Glookies. I have debated many days if I wanted to post this journal. Let’s see how it goes. Pull up a chair and ask questions if you have them. Lets grow some amazing arm sized colas.

A little about myself: I am an older known member from years back that figured I would come back to share the methods that I learned from some of the best growers I have found on this site that used this method. (They are no longer on here). I learned this method and have been using it for years now.

Some of you may have heard the name THE CAPT or GreenThumbJ passed around years ago. I dedicate this journal to the CAPT and give him full credit of this grow method. GreenThumbJ also used this method and helped me a lot on this site in the early days. I would not be using this method without the help from him.

With that being said I will be growing THE CAPT STYLE with a top feed, Rockwool medium, and HPS Lighting. I have searched all around this site and have not seen this method being used. It was perfected years ago and never really caught on despite the crazy growth and arm size colas. You WILL NOT see growth like this on any other method/lights, Period. DWC is the only other method that comes close. HPS is a must for light penetration and arm sized colas.

What strain is it?
- GLOOKIES (Barney's Farm)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
- 70% Indica
- 30% Sativa

Strain Lineage / Genealogy:
Gorilla Glue x Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies

THC: 25%

Indoor or outdoor?
- Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
- THE CAPN STYLE
- Rockwool

Size of light?
- 600 Watt MH
- 600 Watt HPS

Size of Room/cab?
- 4 X 4 Lighthouse Hydro Tent
- 440CFM fan
- 6 Inch CAN filter

Type and strength of ferts used?
- General Hydroponics Nute lineup.
- RECHARGE (Beneficiary bacteria)

1.jpg

Alright! 4 days after seedling sprouted. We are going to start seeing rapid growth before the week is over. Hand watering a nute solution of ph 5.8 and 300 ppm one time a day. These watering will go up after about 2 weeks. You cannot over water rockwool, Its impossible. Thats why I love this medium. Your container should still feel lighter after 24 hours watering one time a day or your pot is to big. I start with this small cup after the cube and work my way up 4 different size pots before the final flowering pot. You want a solid big root mass each time. This will make the final pot one solid ball of roots.

1590768380100.png

Just finished growing Glookies in my last tent grow and am growing it outside now in hopes of that 2-3k grams to harvest like the site claims. I think you're going to like them in the end. First session in my Solo II comes on like a Sativa high with a minty flavour. Does great on mood, energy, pain and inflammation. Do a 2nd session and it hits like a good Indica with that initial energy turning it into a blissful lull of the eyes into sleepy night night time.

best of luck :thumb:

Day 13 from sprout! Transplanted at day 10 to the next size pot. Awesome root growth. Forgot to get a pic of the roots. At day 13 I have "Fimmed", "topped" or what ever you call the method I use. I simply open the very most top and fold over the newest growth/node and it comes right off. This is by far the easiest way to top a plant and cause zero stress. I never really understand why people cut a whole top off that has 2 sets of nodes and 2 sets of leaves. I circled the "top" that i bent over and broke off from the middle. Topped at the 4th node.

1591286998908.png

1591287162725.png

Hey Nito I found my way over to your journal. Hmm I might try your top method.
I usually go for 4th or fifth node myself depending on the plant. My last grow White Widow
auto I didn't do a top or LST Just wanted to see how they grow. Not huge yield but the
smoke is great only after 2 weeks cure.

I never count them. I let the plant grow after the first top until one of the branches starts to outgrow the rest and I top it and the opposite end branch as its usually just as high. Im usually topping the other branches one time before I have to come back to the main Y branch top and top them one more time to make 4 main Y branch tops. Hope this makes sense!

Day 21! CRAZY GROWTH! Still feeding one time a day. Transplant SOON! I will be hooking up the top feed system very soon. This system is so easy and once you get the top feed setup you can set it and forget it pretty much. Just check PH Daily.

As you can tell I am a little ahead of schedule. I am not current with the grow as of yet but will be giving sooner updates until I catch up to current time. Enjoy! Shes looking beautiful.

1591317426671.png

I will follow used to grow with rockwool many moons ago but your technique I have not seen before.
I never count them. I let the plant grow after the first top until one of the branches starts to outgrow the rest and I top it and the opposite end branch as its usually just as high. Im usually topping the other branches one time before I have to come back to the main Y branch top and top them one more time to make 4 main Y branch tops. Hope this makes sense!

wack a mole method :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom