Barney's Farm Glookies, Capn Style, 600 Watt HPS, Crazy Growth!

Mind if I sit in ?
Your method is very interesting To say the least.
I am looking for a different grow medium for my next grow.
I have stayed with soil for all 3 of mine and feel it is time to expand my horizons.
Any reason not to use it on an auto flower ?
I have ordered some gorilla glue AF’s and have no experience w/ them.
Good luck with your grow.
very impressive.
Cheers.

One bag good for veg and flower just mixed with water at the appropriate dosage and use. Cheap easy to use and it works. Farside has a excellent write up on MC here
Perfect. Farside made it simple for stoners for sure.
I have been using FoxFarm products and damn , mixing up to 7 different bottles , at times , is getting tiresome . Bitch , bitch , bitch
I will do some more research and I really appreciate the info.
enjoy your day brother.
Check out my first grow journal sometime.
I just flipped to 12/12.
Peace.

OK.
let me figure that out.
Senior is techno challenged

Awesome to have some new people here! Welcome everyone. Rockwool is awesome to grow in and you treat it just like DWC.... except with medium. Top feed is a must just due to having to water it so often for amazing growth. Never tried or heard of doing an auto in it. You would be the first that I know of if you did. This works better for photo plants just due to what this method is meant to achieve. Huge, massive, 1 pound plus, single plant, arm sized colas. Still dont see why you couldn't achieve massive colas on an auto as long as you have the light wattage. Let me know if you have any questions! UPDATE COMING!

Day 48!!! Wow! 12 / 12 started 2 days ago and things are getting wild! I dont defoliate but after the stretch I will for sure have to do some trimming of fans around the lower colas to free up space and allow air flow. She is drinking a LOT. Everything is still on auto and i have not touched the reservoir this week (so nice only checking pH). Will do a weekly water change probably today or tomorrow. Will be keeping the PPM around the same (800-1000 now). I dont like seeing tip burn but will be upping the nutes as soon as the stretch is over. I will really be throwing the KoolBloom to her as well after the stretch and start to really see colas forming. By 20 days flowering we should see some nice colas forming! 2nd picture is with my grow glasses in front of the camera to see better color.

1592072666436.png

**With my grow glasses

1592072694573.png

Your making your 4x4 tent look like a 2x2, impressive size for only a month and a half of Veg. Did you switch your bulbs from MH to HPS for the flower phase? Your water and nutes are pumped up from the tub to water and the water that is not used just drains back into its originating bucket, up the nutes and change the water once a week and adjust the p/h daily. Must be a pain to change the water?

Thank you.

Your making your 4x4 tent look like a 2x2, impressive size for only a month and a half of Veg. Did you switch your bulbs from MH to HPS for the flower phase? Your water and nutes are pumped up from the tub to water and the water that is not used just drains back into its originating bucket, up the nutes and change the water once a week and adjust the p/h daily. Must be a pain to change the water?

Haha thanks! I know its so hard to take a picture of "size" to actually see how crazy things are. Yes I switched to brand new HPS bulb when I flipped to 12/12. I use the iPower bulbs and usually only do one - two grows on them. They are cheap. $18 so not worth not buying a new one. You can get more expensive bulbs with maybe slightly better performance and last longer but I rather change them often.

That is correct the water solution is pumped up to the top of the plant that is sitting on my heavy duty tote with two holes cut in it. The pump is scheduled for 15 min intervals, This allows flushing and watering all at the same time to keep the medium perfect. The excess water during this just simply falls right back into the reservior and keeps everything circulating. I use 12 gals - 16 gals in my tank depending on how long I dont want to change it. (Vacation or if im going to be gone). I check pH daily but after the first day its pretty much good to go all week. Very slight adjustments and most of the time thats just me wanting to hold that 5.8 pH that i love. Im fine with anywhere in 5.5 - 6.0 range.

Water change: Water change is GREAT! So easy and take me less than 30 mins. After a week of 12-16 gallons there is only around 6 gallons left in the reservoir. I use a kerosene battery pump to suck the rest of the water out. Everything is done with 5 gallon buckets with a handle (the normal ones that paint come in). Takes about 2 mins to fill the bucket with 4 gallons of water (I have it marked as that is what I fill and drain with in the bucket, You dont want it full as it will spill.) I have two buckets I have to discard of and then I fill my 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons 3 times and just pour it in the hole thats cut in my reservoir. Super easy! Then just mix in your nutes!

Here is my pump for water changes. This is also what i use to suck a glass full out to test ppm and ph daily. So easy!

1592153335692.png

Here is me changing the reservoir today. You can see my 4 gallon line in the bucket that has been measured and marked with a marker.

1592153429482.png

Here I took a picture for you so you can see the holes cut and the setup,

1592153589145.png

Two holes cut that size. The back one is the pump that feeds (never gets touched) and the front one is for res change and checks, also has a mixing pump (pump with no hose) that i plug in when i put my nutes in. It does not run until then.) I just use my reflective paneling to cover the holes like so. That square piece gets put over the hole when im done.

That is a 7 gallon pot by the way for size reference.

1592153826330.png

Shes growing like crazy! Shes getting smelly as well... in a good way... :yahoo:

Looking good! What an awesome plant. I’ll come along for the ride if you dont mind. Looks like I’m just in time for the real show! Looking forward to that girl in full flower. Happy growing, I’ll be hanging around.

Back
Top Bottom