Barney's Farm Glookies, Capn Style, 600 Watt HPS, Crazy Growth!

Speaking of defoliation, after flipping to flower , when should a grower do this ?
Which week if your looking at 6/8 weeks of flower ?
Opinions please.
Defoliation only stunts growth and is not needed. Its been proven to do so.

On that note: Only do it if it suits your grow style or in my case, to keep from bud rot and mold because its packed so tight.

You want to do it after the stretch which is 2 weeks.

Defoliation only stunts growth and is not needed. Its been proven to do so.

On that note: Only do it if it suits your grow style or in my case, to keep from bud rot and mold because its packed so tight.

You want to do it after the stretch which is 2 weeks.
I see a lot of people in this group swear by the process. ??
Well known members. Long time growers.
Any links that prove your stance ?
I just flipped and if my six plants double in size I will need to do something. Maybe order another light ?
Thanks Hunter. Your grow is awesome .

No links Senior. The reason most of these members defoliate is because their LED's cant penetrate beyond the top canopy. Or in a sea of green grow like the commercial guys that only want those 6-8 colas and all the same down the rows. Ive done test in the past and have done a lot of research on it and no defoliation is just better in my grow. I think it should only be done when needed. Lower fans are stored nutrients. Some of these guys cut their whole plant up and it takes 2 weeks to "recover". There are plenty of articles that supports both sides. I dont like "recovery" time.

Day 49 from sprout and Day 5 of flower. She has stretched about 11 inches since flip. Water change was today and a pH of 5.9. Just added a few ml of pH down. Also ppm of 1300. BRING ON THE TIP BURN lol.... Mixing full strength to see how she reacts. Some like it some dont. Only raised it about 200 as it was 1100 before water change.

Mega Crop will be here tomorrow. Still debating if I wanna try it next water change or next grow. I like mixing things up (not nutrients haha). :hmmmm:

No links Senior. The reason most of these members defoliate is because their LED's cant penetrate beyond the top canopy. Or in a sea of green grow like the commercial guys that only want those 6-8 colas and all the same down the rows. Ive done test in the past and have done a lot of research on it and no defoliation is just better in my grow. I think it should only be done when needed. Lower fans are stored nutrients. Some of these guys cut their whole plant up and it takes 2 weeks to "recover". There are plenty of articles that supports both sides. I dont like "recovery" time.
I like your logic.
And your results , thus far.
And I don’t like the idea of recovery time.
So I will order another light.
Here is what I have now .
Any suggestions ?
11CA5D46-51DE-4A9D-9FC1-FF2E47BF6FD1.jpeg

Senior I wished i could help you more in the LED section but I cant. I can help you with some numbers though and give you an idea. So the rule of thumb is you get what you put in. Ill explain more. If you put in 200 watts of light, you will grow around 200 grams of cannabis. That follows down the chart. 1000 watts of power and you will get around 1000 grams. Now of course this is an estimate but its a good number to hit and rule to go by. Lets look at your setup. I looked that light up and it seems that it is around a 185 watt light. Plus you have 2 strip lights that are 50 watt it seems. So you are averaging around 285 watts in your grow. You can expect around that in grams once your grow is finished if everything goes good. Now this number is good with one plant or 10 plants. You will still yield the same. This is why I grow one plant per light. Yield doesnt change with number of plants. LED's do a GREAT job at vegging plants, but when it comes to flowering they are slack in my opinion, mainly because im after those monster indoor colas. Find someone that is growing with led and what you want to average and see what lights they are using and the wattage of it. I saw one guy that built his LED and said it was only 300 watts and his grow looked amazing for 300 watts if that is the true draw wattage. Some of those LED's can get crazy expensive. I saw some for $3k :oops:

I’m currently growing under LED (QB’s) RSPEC and the plants seem to like it. They do get expensive, but seems to be worth it IMO. I have close to 1000 actual watts in my room with 6 plants. Haven’t used these ones from seed to harvest yet, so I can’t comment on that. This is the first run start to finish. If you wanna check it out, it’s in my signature “Planet Express- The Great Escape”

I’m currently growing under LED (QB’s) RSPEC and the plants seem to like it. They do get expensive, but seems to be worth it IMO. I have close to 1000 actual watts in my room with 6 plants. Haven’t used these ones from seed to harvest yet, so I can’t comment on that. This is the first run start to finish. If you wanna check it out, it’s in my signature “Planet Express- The Great Escape”
Thanks Canada. I will check out your grow.

Senior I wished i could help you more in the LED section but I cant. I can help you with some numbers though and give you an idea. So the rule of thumb is you get what you put in. Ill explain more. If you put in 200 watts of light, you will grow around 200 grams of cannabis. That follows down the chart. 1000 watts of power and you will get around 1000 grams. Now of course this is an estimate but its a good number to hit and rule to go by. Lets look at your setup. I looked that light up and it seems that it is around a 185 watt light. Plus you have 2 strip lights that are 50 watt it seems. So you are averaging around 285 watts in your grow. You can expect around that in grams once your grow is finished if everything goes good. Now this number is good with one plant or 10 plants. You will still yield the same. This is why I grow one plant per light. Yield doesnt change with number of plants. LED's do a GREAT job at vegging plants, but when it comes to flowering they are slack in my opinion, mainly because im after those monster indoor colas. Find someone that is growing with led and what you want to average and see what lights they are using and the wattage of it. I saw one guy that built his LED and said it was only 300 watts and his grow looked amazing for 300 watts if that is the true draw wattage. Some of those LED's can get crazy expensive. I saw some for $3k :oops:
That is a great rule of thumb. I honestly had no idea there was a direct correlation between wattage and harvest I am ordering more wattage today . Only a couple days into flower .
Thanks again.
Had to edit. I knew that I needed good light , but assuming I had plenty.
Ignorance is bliss. Until it’s not. ✌️

Awesome Senior! Glad you got more wattage for those girls. As new technology comes out I would love to run some test if I see something that will work in my setting for a affordable price. Cant wait to see what you will do with your grow!!

Wanna see a 11 inch fan leaf on an indoor grow? Check this out. Had to take a picture of this big fan thats hanging over the 4x3 area. MASSIVE! My hand was covered from it so I got the tape measure out instead to show size. From stem to the end well over a foot. Just the leaf is almost 12 inches!!! This fan is bigger than a piece of copy paper if you can visualize that lol...

1592269280225.png

Holy crap man once i get more experience Im thinking of switching to the set up you have. I work crazy hours and seeing how this system waters it for you, It's a no brainer.
Also the plant seem to love it, huge roots! Amazing!

Day 51!!! Day 7 of flower! PH dropped since yesterday to 5.5. Added my Armour Si (Silica) to raise the pH back up. Holding steady at 5.8.

I had to cut some tops off this girl and make some room. She was just to crowded. I was going to wait until after the stretch but there is just no room. The whole tent net was completely full. Dont want any mold problems so started cutting some! I only cut some tops that grew out the nodes and were under the main canopy or would not yield much. Im happy as of now with the way it turned out after a hair cut. There was 3 tops that didnt make it to the net in the back that I didnt see. I just cut them as well. I could have trained them early but didnt catch them until now.

Before photo (I didnt get one after will update tomorrow):

1592354823749.png

Back
Top Bottom