Barney's Farm Glookies, Capn Style, 600 Watt HPS, Crazy Growth!

I see a little FROST already! tops are forming nicely, Had to bend over 3 tops already due to out growing everything else. I just trained them so no harm done. Stretch is over. She is crazy tall, especially sitting on the tote. Over 6 ft tall now. Going away for 3 days, been crazy busy, added about total 20 gallons to the reservoir to make sure she last and hoping everything stays in check for the time away. Only thing im worried about is pH dropping but its not a big deal. Should be well within the range when I get back.

1593043478357.png

Guys! Im in a jungle over here with this one plant.... My light is MAXED out to the top of this 8 foot tent. I may have let this one get a little to BIG on me LOL.

Major cuttings on this big girl tonight. Cut about 15 main tops from side growth that I didn't like/smaller and about 50+ small tops that were under the canopy.

Humidity issue with such a massive plant so trying to get that under control. If humidity is not under control by week 4-5 of flower, 80%+ of fan leaves will go. I will lose this harvest if I cant get it under control more than I am now even though i hate defoliation. Room RH maintained at 50-55 RH (big dehumidifier running 100%) and pulling 440 CFM (6 inch) of air through the tent with my large 6 inch fan and hardware and still running a 67% RH inside canopy. I have major air flow through my tent so im not for sure why my RH is so high other than just that much plant in the area. No problems until she got this big and just transpiring that much im assuming. Has been a crazy wet month as well.

Yes this plant is now almost 7 feet tall and running 12 inches from my 600 watt HPS.

1593224365370.png

1593224523448.png

1593224542456.png

After monitoring humidity the past 2 hours after cleaning up the canopy and unwanted tops my RH has dropped about 10%. :thumb:

I will continue to monitor and try to lower it to that 50% mark. I do have more dehumidifiers but really dont want to run them if I dont have to. Its 100 degrees outside here and running one dehumidifier already sucks during the day.

pH steady 5.8
PPM lowered from 1350 to 1250(added 1 gallon to res). Small tip burn on new growth fans on tops. No lower growth tip burn yet. She is loving the 1150-1250 range.

Temp: 74 lights on 72 lights off.
RH: down to 60% in canopy.

After monitoring humidity the past 2 hours after cleaning up the canopy and unwanted tops my RH has dropped about 10%. :thumb:

I will continue to monitor and try to lower it to that 50% mark. I do have more dehumidifiers but really dont want to run them if I dont have to. Its 100 degrees outside here and running one dehumidifier already sucks during the day.

pH steady 5.8
PPM lowered from 1350 to 1250(added 1 gallon to res). Small tip burn on new growth fans on tops. No lower growth tip burn yet. She is loving the 1150-1250 range.

Temp: 74 lights on 72 lights off.
RH: down to 60% in canopy.
Sounds like the defoliation and removal of unwanted growth helped air circulation and light penetration. The heat and high humidity in summer are always obstacle's and raise the amount of power consumption needed, I understand the need to try to keep this down to a bare minimum. I have never grown inside in summer and can only imagine. Sounds like you got her under control, I would imagine that the stretch is over and you might have just enough height. I like the idea of a second scrog net to help her support her "arm size cola's" that I am sure will be appearing gradually soon.Will make for some great pictures, if there is room to get camera in there. Cheers

Welcome Michael Hunt!

Thank you BudShark. I have not done any lower defoliation, but she has naturally shed a lot of lower fans.

As far as root bound, I use 7 gallon pots and within 4 days of transplanting from 5 gallons I saw roots.

The roots are super thick and im sure the pot is filled. I find that after the stretch, root growth is really minimum. At least I dont see many more trying to come out the holes after stretch. I will get a root pic after harvest! I usually start to slack off on recharge towards the last few weeks of flower. She should have a massive 7 gallon pot of nothing but roots!

This is one of the frostiest grows Ive had in a while this early in flower. I hope she keeps it up, will be some high quality cannabis!

Thanks guys, I will have to say I have made some mistakes on this one...as far as size lol... Im not for sure how but I have just let her get to big for my area. Ive had to trim and train areas I dont like to or would never do. Im sure I have stunted her growth some in the colas building early on buts its ok. I have her about setup as long as no more growth vertical. I will do a little different next grow to keep this from happening.

Ive pretty much made up mind that next grow will be a top feed, rockwool, to DWC grow once the roots reach the reservoir! Also I will be focused on less tops, and just massive colas. Even bigger than these will be, i hope =)

I have found the sweet spot at 1150 - 1200 ppm. Have not touched reservoir in 3 days (not even pH). The stretch is now over as well so that could have effected everything as she was just drinking so much and lowering water levels and making the EC rise. pH is steady at 5.8 and the ppm have stayed the same. I will start upping this around week 4 - 5. Not touching her any more and going to let her start bud building.

Back
Top Bottom