Barneys Farm LSD - Soil Mother - 600 Watt HPS

Update!

Everything is going good with flowering! I installed a new support net / SCROG net. Its mainly for support but i am training a little bit to spread her out and keep the buds from touching.

Preflowers have started and theirs pistils on the tops! New growth is everywhere! So many new nodes coming out. I would have loved to do two of these LSD in a scrog like i did papaya's!

This girl is almost 6 foot tall now. I hope the stretch comes to a halt very soon! 4 inches growth at least every day.

Fed 1300 ppm last night and she is loving it.

Im going to be starting a new journal very soon for my next grow as i already have beans sprouted and clones ready! Im not transplaning them yet and have minimum light on them as i want them to slow growth a little. Any ideas on how to slow growth? I want to wait at least 2-3 more weeks before i transplant my clones and seeds to their bigger 7 and 5 gallon pots.

Here are some pics! Im posting picks of my clones and sprouts also!

121501.png

121502.png

121503.png

Heres the LSD soil clones! They are growing awesome!

121504.png

121505.png

121506.png

121507.png
121508.png

Here she is before the net!

121509.png

121510.png

121511.png

121512.png

121513.png

121514.png

121515.png

:thanks:

no defoliation please! I don't want to see this plant hurting. maybe picking the lowest sucker nugs? she is a good lollipop candidate, what do you think NH?

if you want to get fancy you could tie the top colas to the frame of the screen :)

That sure is a pretty plant!! How much defoil do you think you are going to do underneath the net Hunter?

No defoliation at all. Fan leaves store vital nutrients that the plant will need during flowering and ripening. Defoliation only stresses the plant and the plant has to recover. This is my thought on it after talking with some members and doing some research. Its for sure a talked about topic but im beginning to believe that defoliation can do more damage than it helps. If there is some small colas that are not growing on the very bottom i may take one off every 3-4 days spacing it out so it doesnt stress her. From my experience on my last SCROG grow and defoliation, I believe it hurt my papayas and stressed them as during the prime bud building time i saw little growth on my colas. This could have been from a nutrient diffidence also... This was around day 45 flowering. Even if the fan leaves are not getting light they store nutrients that the plant can use. Im going to try this grow without it and see the results and see which I like better. I like trying all methods to see what works the best for me! =)

So far, I have not cut anything off LSD and she has not stopped growth at ALL.... She showed sex within, if i remember correctly 27 days and has seem to mature a lot faster. As you can see growth has not stopped as she is only 8 weeks old from sprout and 6 foot!!

no defoliation please! I don't want to see this plant hurting. maybe picking the lowest sucker nugs? she is a good lollipop candidate, what do you think NH?

if you want to get fancy you could tie the top colas to the frame of the screen :)

Yea i dont think i will cut anything on this grow and see how it goes. Last SCROG grow a lot of my buds formed under the net and i was not happy about it... I want LSD to get some nice big colas hopefully!

No defoliation at all. Fan leaves store vital nutrients that the plant will need during flowering and ripening. Defoliation only stresses the plant and the plant has to recover. This is my thought on it after talking with some members and doing some research. Its for sure a talked about topic but im beginning to believe that defoliation can do more damage than it helps. If there is some small colas that are not growing on the very bottom i may take one off every 3-4 days spacing it out so it doesnt stress her. From my experience on my last SCROG grow and defoliation, I believe it hurt my papayas and stressed them as during the prime bud building time i saw little growth on my colas. This could have been from a nutrient diffidence also... This was around day 45 flowering. Even if the fan leaves are not getting light they store nutrients that the plant can use. Im going to try this grow without it and see the results and see which I like better. I like trying all methods to see what works the best for me! =)

So far, I have not cut anything off LSD and she has not stopped growth at ALL.... She showed sex within, if i remember correctly 27 days and has seem to mature a lot faster. As you can see growth has not stopped as she is only 8 weeks old from sprout and 6 foot!!

That all makes sense too me, I was just curious if you were going to tend to the growth under the net, because I figured most everything underneath that was going to be shaded... However if you're justvusig it for support it makes perfect sense to me.

In regards to defoliation, I'm kind of a big believer in it and can't wait to try it out in this indoor grow, however I have always read there are very specific times in which it harms the plant the least (obviously a little stunting is inevitable) but also that unless the environment and all other conditions are optimal... To not even consider defoliation because of what you just said. However if conditions are optimal day 21-24 of flower is the perfect time to defoil, because the plant should have just finished or should be finishing stretch.

Just my two cents:) regardless, your plant looks beautiful!

Beautiful plant, I'm in for the ride. Been dying to try LSD and is at the top of my to-try-list.

Thanks! And welcome! The next 6 weeks should be pretty awesome! I cant wait to try some of this bud myself. Im going to let it go all the way and ripen nicely to get that indica couch lock high. They say LSD can be psychedelic and can be trippy hence the name LSD. We will see! This grow im going for at least 8 ounces from this big girl! We will see how the buds form. Shes loving this 600 watt HPS.

what a great start - thats an amazing looking LSD you have WOW! If you even get close to your last SCROG - then OMG this is gonna be epic!

ill be here every update!

what a great start - thats an amazing looking LSD you have WOW! If you even get close to your last SCROG - then OMG this is gonna be epic!

ill be here every update!

Thanks! Glad to have you here brother! Im looking up nutrient lines now. I have to decided on some nutes for future as im getting low on my KIND line. I want to purchase gallon sized containers now. Im torn between going with botanicare line again or GH flora series. the GH is cheaper by a little bit.

What nute line do you use mrrobert!?!

Thanks! Glad to have you here brother! Im looking up nutrient lines now. I have to decided on some nutes for future as im getting low on my KIND line. I want to purchase gallon sized containers now. Im torn between going with botanicare line again or GH flora series. the GH is cheaper by a little bit.

What nute line do you use mrrobert!?!

I use the Lucas Formula with GH nutes - I may be changing to the regular GH line though - no reason lol just think i might hahahaha

Yea i think im just going to get the 3 part GH flora series. I can get all 3 gallons shipped for $90... Cant beat that and it should last me at least a year if not two. If i do go with this line i will also get a few more of their products to help with bud production and taste. But these will only be quart sized as looking at the advanced feeding chart i will only need small amounts of them throughout the grow.

Yea i think im just going to get the 3 part GH flora series. I can get all 3 gallons shipped for $90... Cant beat that and it should last me at least a year if not two. If i do go with this line i will also get a few more of their products to help with bud production and taste. But these will only be quart sized as looking at the advanced feeding chart i will only need small amounts of them throughout the grow.

yep exactly :) i have almost there entire line - gonna start using more it - just wanted to get a good grow down first haha and some skills hahaha

Everything is kicking off here so i decided to go ahead and make another grow journal with my other 3 strains! You guys come on over and subscribe to it also as it will be kicking off in a few weeks!

LSD - White Rhino - Venice Beach Afghan - 600 Watt HPS - Soil Grow!

Picture update on LSD tomorrow night! Already have little buds on the tops forming! So beautiful!

Just ordered the General Hydroponics Flora series Nutrients!

I got the gallon size of:
Floragro
Floramicro
Florabloom

and then i purchased the quart sized of:
KoolBloom
Floralicious Plus

I might add a few more of their products as I go but this is it for now! I got the KoolBloom for weight and the Floralicious for aroma.

UPDATE!!!

All i can say is WOW for this LSD girl!! She has not slowed down for a second. Im actually thinking of plans on what to do in a week or so because shes getting so big. I hope this stretch stops, like a few days ago!! haha. Its ok though i have more room and I can always tie her colas to the sides if needed.

I received my new nutrient line and actually added the KoolBloom and Floralicious Plus to the last feeding and the next day I was very shocked. The KoolBloom really added a kick to LSD.

Also with LSD, I am having to water every 2 days instead of 3 like my past 5 gallon smart pot grows. She is a beast!!! If I go 3 days she is starting to wilt! I thought i might have missed a day and went 4 days without water but no! Shes dry in 2 days. Wished she was in my 7 gallon smart pot I have now....

Check her out! Shes beautiful! Her trunk is already double what my soil papayas were...

Here she is! Pushing over 6 foot tall now!!!

12221.png

12222.png

12223.png

12224.png

12225.png

12226.png

12227.png

Looking beautiful Hunter!!!

As I will be investing in an HPS light (haven't decided between the 400w or 600w yet, as I am also going to get a tent soon so I could handle the extra wattage) I was curious if you think you would see a big difference if you took the glass off of your light. Because it is said you get 20-25% more lumens without it... Just wondering if it would be noticeable!

Can't wait to see her fat buds :)

Looking beautiful Hunter!!!

As I will be investing in an HPS light (haven't decided between the 400w or 600w yet, as I am also going to get a tent soon so I could handle the extra wattage) I was curious if you think you would see a big difference if you took the glass off of your light. Because it is said you get 20-25% more lumens without it... Just wondering if it would be noticeable!

Can't wait to see her fat buds :)

MaxYields, As far as your 400 vs 600 i would personally go with the 600. You will have the added wattage and you can always turn your ballast down to 400 watts if you only wanted to use 400 for power or heat. It has a dimable ballast so you can select the wattage you want for output. My 600 has settings for 100%, 75%, 50%, and i believe 25%(might be just the other 3).

As far as your glass questions... The cool tube for sure takes away lumens! I have not ran any test or did a grow WITHOUT the cooltube. The numbers and scientific data does lie though. For my application even though there is less lumens with the cool tube it keeps my smaller grow area cooler and also i run my cool tube inches from my plants(around 6-8 inches from the tops). Being able to run my HPS so close with the cool tube im picking up a lot of extra lumens than having the glass off with the cool tube 30 inches away due to heat. If that makes sense...

Here is the Lumens and wattage of HPS that it puts off. So looking at the chart (this I assume is a chart for just an HPS no cooltube) it looks like since im runing my HPS only 8 inches from the tops, the tops and colas are getting around 65,000 lumens and if you subtract just say 25% loss for a total of 48,000 lumens at my tops..... Now of course there is a whole lot of plant left under the colas but this is just the tops. So without the glass to my knowlege you couldnt get it closer than 20 inches without burning the tops so you would only be getting around 10,000 lumens at the tops.... So from the data I see and my theory.... The cooltube running closer to your tops will actually output more lumens than the direct bulb? If someone knows more about this I would love for them to comment. This is just what i see from the charts and if the data is correct. My SCROG papaya grow with the cooltube was very successful and i really liked the outcome and what i got from the 600 watt with a cooltube. I will see how it does with the LSD since its not scrogged and just growing and is over 6 feet tall.. Im sure the lower growth will be undeveloped and the buds will be smaller down below. I actually have to much bud from my last grow and didnt want it to get old or go bad so thats why on this grow I didnt SCROG or train for maximum harvest weight. Its a good thing when you are running out of room to put jars of bud =) If I get over 15 jars this grow i dont know what im going to do! haha

Here is that chart:

HPS_chart.jpg

wow that baby is HUGE - Your what the hell are you gonna do? that things gonna power right through that light lol - what a great problem you have haha haha

Back
Top Bottom