Barneys Farm LSD - Soil Mother - 600 Watt HPS

Haha! Yea it is! I just changed around my yo yo hangers so it have me an additional 6 inches. Its been 2 weeks and 3 days since i switched to 12/12... I cant believe the growth from this girl in just 2 weeks.. These buds are twice the size of anything ive grown before in just 2 weeks from the switch....

Just fed my girls... This was the offset water only day. I still fed around 500 ppm on my water day. If i water with just plain water she starts to show signs of nitrogen deficiency pretty fast so i have been feeding with 1300 ppm, 500, ppm, 1300 ppm, 500 ppm and so on... She sure drinks and eats a lot!!! Every time i feed with the 1300 ppm she explodes! Shes still stretching on past the 2 week mark!

great updates,have you had a chance to smoke this strain before?? its in my top 5 for sure,smoke enough and you will go legless,just like a hard whiskey drunk

a cool tube will only cause a loss of between 2% and 5%, not 25% :peace:

my LSD hit the 2 week cure point today, and I can attest to its reputation; it is indeed very 'trippy', and a top shelf bowl, imo ;)

great updates,have you had a chance to smoke this strain before?? its in my top 5 for sure,smoke enough and you will go legless,just like a hard whiskey drunk

Thanks! I have not smoked this strain! Im super stoked to try it. Thats awesome its your top 5! That gets me even more excited! haha legless, I love it! Im going to let this girl go alllllllllll the way. Im not even going to think about flushing her until shes at least 10-15% amber.

Picture update later tonight!!!

a cool tube will only cause a loss of between 2% and 5%, not 25% :peace:

my LSD hit the 2 week cure point today, and I can attest to its reputation; it is indeed very 'trippy', and a top shelf bowl, imo ;)

Welcome! Thats awesome! You guys are getting me super excited about this strain.

theengineer, I read a scientific study on the cooltube and it actually shows that the cooltube does actually lose 15-25% lumens than without it. They used a light tester with and without the cooltube at the same distance. But as i stated about with the cooltube you can get so much closer to the colas so you are actually gaining Lumens than if you were not running the cooltube... I am now currently running my cooltube around 10-12 inches from my tops. I saw signs of bleaching at 8 inches so i backed the light off some.

Update is tonight!!!! Bud productions is AMAZING!

Split one of the tops while training two of the colas... I didnt realize i was pulling two tops apart as I always pull them the same way or sideways to prevent this. Its small split but I still was not happy about it... I did this 3 days ago and its already pretty much healed.

The stretch is finally over! She stretched for about 2.5 weeks which was about perfect and expected!

Buds are now starting to get trichomes on them!!!

:yahoo:

Update Time!

Everything is going amazingggggg! These buds are growing so fast!!! I love it! I have not cut any fan leaves off LSD and im loving the growth. There are some on the very bottom that are naturally falling off. This girl has not slowed down a single day!! Glad the stretch is over though haha!

Check out some pics! Give me your input! Pre flower is now over and bud development has begun! Starting to get a little frost on them as well! I love how big the colas are and how much she stretched. They are filling in nice and seem to have pretty tight nodes in between them. I want to grow some fat colas like GreenThumbJ's grow! =) Lets see if this KoolBloom can work its magic!

I have received my General Hydroponics Flora series nute line also. Im going to just use the rest of my Botanicare line which shouldnt take long feeding this girl ever other day. Ill keep you posted on when and if I switch!

Also, That Floralicious Plus has been added to the feeding since last week along with the Liquid Koolbloom. That Floralicious plus sure does stink!!! I hope it adds some nice aroma to LSD haha...

This is LSD at 3 weeks flowering TODAY! 21 days since 12/12 switch!!! I cant believe the bud production in 21 days!!! :cheer::yahoo:

Caught some minutes before lights on!

122801.jpg

122802.jpg

122803.jpg

122804.jpg

122805.jpg

122806.jpg

122807.jpg

122808.jpg

Here is the split that has healed in 2 days... Still growing good! Scared me for a bit when it split as there is 2 main colas from it.

122809.jpg

122810.jpg

122811.jpg

122812.jpg

122813.jpg

122814.jpg

122815.jpg

Watered with 2 gallons of tap water followed by 2 gallons of 1400PPM nutrient solution at a NPK ratio of 1-2-3. In that 1400 is 5ml of KoolBloom, 5ml of cal/mag, 1ml of floralicious plus, and 4ml of pH up to get the nutrient solution at 6.5 pH.

These buds amaze me every single day... They are getting so big and frosty, FAST!

I think you guys are confusing your facts. perhaps if one was never to clean the inside or outside of the cooltube, loss rates of 25% could be achieved. however, that is a worst case scenario, and for not accurately address the question as it is dirt, and not the glass/pyrex causing it.

for example, up to 93% light transmission for Polymethyl-methacrylate (acrylic) is achievable; 90% (+/- 1) for polycarbonate, and 80-93% for glass.

data from wikipedia, take a look, but to save you some time; heat treated polycarbonate can reduce loss to just 4%, and 6% for glass treated the same way. pyrex will have a little higher loss, and untreated glass can loose up to 11%.

source; Wiki, and I'm an ex analytical chemist by trade, so this stuff was important to me at a time. hth :peace:

I think you guys are confusing your facts. perhaps if one was never to clean the inside or outside of the cooltube, loss rates of 25% could be achieved. however, that is a worst case scenario, and for not accurately address the question as it is dirt, and not the glass/pyrex causing it.

for example, up to 93% light transmission for Polymethyl-methacrylate (acrylic) is achievable; 90% (+/- 1) for polycarbonate, and 80-93% for glass.

data from wikipedia, take a look, but to save you some time; heat treated polycarbonate can reduce loss to just 4%, and 6% for glass treated the same way. pyrex will have a little higher loss, and untreated glass can loose up to 11%.

source; Wiki, and I'm an ex analytical chemist by trade, so this stuff was important to me at a time. hth :peace:

This is some interesting data. The study that was performed was with a light meter which showed light output from where ever the sensor was. The test was done 12 inches from the bulb with the glass on and glass off. The ratings if I remember were 625 with the glass on and 825 with the glass off at 12 inches. Your data shows that its possible of a 20% loss with glass? This would be about correct to the scientific study and the 10-20% loss that we know of.

This is some interesting data. The study that was performed was with a light meter which showed light output from where ever the sensor was. The test was done 12 inches from the bulb with the glass on and glass off. The ratings if I remember were 625 with the glass on and 825 with the glass off at 12 inches. Your data shows that its possible of a 20% loss with glass? This would be about correct to the scientific study and the 10-20% loss that we know of.

:thanks::goodjob::bravo::high-five::peace:

so that means .we are right . cause my cool shades are glass. so 10- 20% is right. like you said . 80-93% for glass.

no. cooltubes are made from heat treated polycarbonate, or heat treated glass, which reduces loss to 4% and 6% respectively, not 20%, which was only ever an extreme response on the test, and not the average loss, albeit through untreated glass.

have you got a link to the study so that the parameters & variables are clear? otherwise we're comparing apples to oranges. also, what are the figures you reference, the 625 & 825 - what do these represent?

Sorry hunter but I have to ask theenginner

you seem up on all of this,let me ask---what if the cool tube has a crack in it,other than appearance it still works,draws air through it

does it have an effect on the light output?? spider web cracks. or do I just need to throw it away??

no. cooltubes are made from heat treated polycarbonate, or heat treated glass, which reduces loss to 4% and 6% respectively, not 20%, which was only ever an extreme response on the test, and not the average loss, albeit through untreated glass.

thats great news. so basically iam not losing anywhere near what i thought one loses. fantastic.:thanks::high-five::peace:

you're getting as much light on top of your plants as possible without them burning. interestingly, given that the sun produces 10,000 lumens per square foot, it is possible to exceed this with a 1k lamp and cooltube, although I'm not sure that the plants would benefit from more than that which they have evolved under the sun to absorb :peace:

Sorry hunter but I have to ask theenginner

you seem up on all of this,let me ask---what if the cool tube has a crack in it,other than appearance it still works,draws air through it

does it have an effect on the light output?? spider web cracks. or do I just need to throw it away??

it will refract the light, and scatter it in a different direction rather that it be lost, but the effect would be minimal if it were just a single line, and less so if the crack is on the surface and hadn't penetrated both sides of the pane. if it was me, OCD would make me buy a new one :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom