Barneys Farm LSD - Soil Mother - 600 Watt HPS

the cracks do not go through it,I can feel them on the inside but not the outside.

its not in service currently,just the parts closet,so I will toss it,they are only 40 bucks,not a loss,I just hate to waste

thanks man

Awesome information guys! I will try and find that study for you theengineer. I cant remember now it was on the light meter for the reading. I assume what ever a light meter reads? I guess it would be in Lux?

Have you done any test with an actual cooltube instead of just data from the internet? Im sure that the thickness and a lot of other factors as the cool tube being round come into play as well...

I want it to only be a 4 % loss!! I just like when test have been done and i have seen the results. Ill go through my bookmarks and see if I can find some data for you.

This is a test with a light meter which measures LUX:

659 with a Apollo Horticulture Cooltube

837 without a cooltube

These measurements are done at around a foot. The bulb has been allowed to cool between test and the bulb has been heated for each test for 5 mins before the measurements...

From this not so scientific test but with an actual meter it looks that the cool tube has a loss of around 21%

Is it possible there are more additives in the glass than you know about theengineer? If so that would account for this loss that you are not figuring in...

Without Glass

WithoutGlass.jpg

With Glass

WithGlass.jpg

very interesting all this.iam still very happy with my cool shades though. when i ran just one 600 without a cool shade my crop looked and has done the same as it looks now . i have not had any bad results or anyloss in my herb production.as a result of useing coolshades.. i do know there is no way i could get so close to my canopy with out them. happy growing chaps.:thanks::goodjob:

Exactly! Like one of my earlier post i stated its possible to get more lumens out of the cool tube because of the distance you can run it even if there is a loss! This is very effective if you run a SCROG as all the even colas get high lumens!

Look at my last LSD pics! You can see where the tops in the middle of the plant under the cooltube are bleached from so many lumens! This 600 watt HPS with cooltube kicks butt! I had to raise the cooltube 4 inches and tie down some colas! Dont wany my THC to degrade =)

I have a really big plant this run so I'm excited to see the light penetration of the 600.. Its going to have to do some work as my plant is well over 6 ft pushing 7ft tall now....

Watered with 500ppm nutrient solution last night. She is growing so nicely!

She has a bunch of roots coming out the bottom of the smartpot! My last grow I didn't see any roots out the bottom like i am on this girl.. They are trying to grow in the crack of the plastic container that are in. I guess it stays moist there after watering. I hope to many doesn't grow because ultimately they are just going to get dried up. I don't want it to stunt her growth!

Will do c526!! There is a wall right in front of my door but i will try and back up as far as I can to get a full shot! If you like big plants you would love this LSD!!! For a indoor closet grow she takes a new meaning to BIG!!! haha

I'm late but I'm in. That plant's growth is just tremendous. That strain is on my list to try at some point so it's nice to see how it's doing in your journal. I'll be following along and I will definitely like to see the final result. I may have missed it, but how tall was the plant when you switched over to flower?

I'm late but I'm in. That plant's growth is just tremendous. That strain is on my list to try at some point so it's nice to see how it's doing in your journal. I'll be following along and I will definitely like to see the final result. I may have missed it, but how tall was the plant when you switched over to flower?

Welcome!! Glad to have you along for the ride. I never measured her before flower so I cant tell you for sure. I would say she was a good 3-4 feet. She is now over 6 foot tall. I will get a whole plant picture tonight along with a update.

Update Time!!

Ok everyone its been a week or so since i did a picture update! Everything is going amazing.

We are at 4 weeks and 3 days since the switch to 12/12. Still a good 4 weeks to go!

Some of her lower fans have been naturally falling off. Feeding scheduled has stayed the same. She will get fed around 1300-1500ppm tonight. In my mix i will have 5 ml KoolBloom per gallon, 5 ml Cal/Mag per gallon, and 1 ml of floralicious plus per gallon. I have been feeding a NPK ratio that consist of 1-2-3 for flowering stage with my Botanicare Kind line.

Dehumidifier is now on and holding at RH 40-45% since we are about half way in flower!!

Super excited about this strain and cant wait until shes done! Shes getting so frosty!!! Bud development is looking great under this 600 watt HPS. Even right at the net which is over a foot from the tops the lower buds are forming nicely.

Here are the photos! Whole plant photo for you c526!

0106191.jpg
0106011.jpg

0106021.jpg

0106031.jpg

0106041.jpg

0106051.jpg

0106061.jpg

0106071.jpg

0106081.jpg

0106091.jpg

0106101.jpg

0106111.jpg

0106121.jpg

0106131.jpg

0106142.jpg

0106151.jpg

0106161.jpg

0106171.jpg

0106181.jpg

nice man cool tubes rock. oh yes

Thanks! Yes they do!!! I love em...

thats a freaking tree man,great work

better stock up on curing jars,NOW.

:goodjob:

Haha Thanks man! I know i will pick up some more in a few weeks! Im so excited to smoke this strain. We will see how fast she finishes since i didnt do a defoliation on her. No signs of pistils turning yet.. I believe she has a lot more growing to do!

These cool tubes work amazing on keeping the temps down... I had to install a heater in my flowering room because the temps to cool... Its only 70 degrees during lights on and down to 66 with lights off... I will raise the temps to 80-85 during lights on and maintain 70 with lights off. The swell should come pretty soon in the next two weeks. Im seeing cola size get a lot bigger and a lot of new growth from the sides of the colas.

I actually fed 1700 ppm last feeding and she is loving it... She will get a 500-700 ppm watering today as its the off day.

Everything is right on track!

are you running c02? if not I would not take them that high on purpose 76-78. I wouldn't go more than 82 with no gas,not on purpose anyways,they seem to enjoy about a 10 degree split between night and day.

No c02

I have the heater on 70 degrees and its keeping the room 77-78 with minimal power with lights on. I will see what it maintains tonight i may leave it on this setting. Thanks for the info c526! For some reason i was thinking 15 degree change instead of 10. My temps with papayas were 85-90 and they loved it it seemed!

Since these cold nights i could tell she was a little more droopy looking when the temps were down to 65 lights off and 70 lights on. Shes already looking better with the 78 degree temps!

haha i know right!! I was thinking the same thing.. I only need the heater once my lights cut off at 6AM really... Just so it can maintain the 70 degrees in the room with the lights off. If it was only lights on problem i would for sure just add more light!! Im very close to purchasing another 600 and fan and filter for my other room that im vegging in.. If i do though i will have to get another veg room!
:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom