Barneys Farm LSD - Soil Mother - 600 Watt HPS

Update! Week 6

Figured i would do a small picture update to show progress! Everything is going great. Colas are forming nicely and they are SOOOO Frosty!!! The smell of this strain is unbelievable. Today marks the 6th week of flowering... I am seeing a few amber pistils here and there so she might finish up around the 8 week mark!

I have about 80% cloudy and 20% clear trichomes but a lot of new clear trichomes on new bud development. Im going to let her go all the way so only time will tell! I want a super couch lock high and hope i can keep her healthy for at least the next 4 weeks if she takes that long! Counting down she has at least 2-3 more weeks!

See a few signs of Cal/Mag deficiencies so im going to up the cal/mag supplement on tonight's water. Other than that she seems super healthy. She is naturally shedding her lower leaves i guess because of low light.

118021.jpg
118031.jpg
118041.jpg

I figured i would post a comparison from my last update.

Here is about the same picture on my last update. This is only 1 week and 5 days apart!!! Crazy growth. Putting that 600 watt to work!!! hahaha

Jan 06, 2015

0106181.jpg

and here is the new update and current size:

Jan 18, 2015

118021.jpg

That comparison shot is gnarly HunterNitro!!! That lady is packing on weight so fast, I guess thats what an HPS bulb will do for ya! Very beautiful plant my man, mad props to you good sir. Seriously... She looks like a specimen they would shoot for bud shots to put on seed websites.

Haha true! Better yet im going to measure the circumference of the buds(maybe thats what you mean)! They have actually stopped growing upwards now only getting fatter! Ive been throwing the KoolBloom to them lol.. They get it every watering.

I actually just started watering everyday now. Im going to try it out and see how she responds. Every two days is not really enough as shes DRY the 2nd day when i get ready to water. I was doing (PPM) 1600, 600, 1600, 600 every other day. Now im going to try 1600, plain water, 1600, plain water every day.

That brings up a great question.... Im curious as if feeding 800 ppm every day is better than the 1600 , 0, 1600, 0.... Why water with plain water when she could be taking up nutrients? I actually have not watered with ANY plain water since she started flowering. It always had nutrients in the solution and she has been loving it. Im going to try this 1600, 0 out for a while. I know that the plain water equalizes the feedings so she doesnt get burnt or to many nutrients but if feeding a lower PPM every time might be better? Kinda like growology nutrient line i guess is what im trying to compare to.

sure you can try feeding that way,I dont have a preference,sometimes they get fed every watering,sometimes I like just plain water to flush the soil.

Thanks everyone!

I had a problem with my grow yesterday!! I opened my door and the lights were off on LSD... I FREAKED OUT! Went to the power source and checked all the way back to my grow room and found the problem... Bad surge protector... I had a very nice surge protector in my grow room and it just stopped working. Im going to take it apart to see the problem. Glad nothing melted as it could have been a possible fire hazard. Total draw watts for my flower room surge is 1600 watts with the new installed heater. So it can for sure handle everything. I replaced the strip and got everything back running. Timer stopped on 7 PM so lights were out for 2.5 hours. Hope this doesnt mess with her... =(

On the upside i wanted to share another cloning method i have been working on. Let me just say that it is the best i have used so far... For this cloning method i use:

GH Rapid Rooters
Rootech Cloning gel
Botanicare Aquashield
Ice cube tray
2 CFL's on 18/6 schedule

I took 11 clones from some of my LSD girls. Cut at a 45 on a node, scraped the bottom half inch of the outside layer of the stem and dipped it in the rootech. Then they went into the rapid rooters(pre soaked in tap water with 15ml aquashield per gallon) and then i put them in a ice cube tray as a holder. 5 days all 11 had roots EVERYWHERE. Im so glad i tried this method and have been testing new things. This works better for me than the rockwool and will be sticking with this method. Once the roots show i just throw them in my starter cups with soil and they are done...
Check out the root pic!

123011.jpg
123021.jpg

Oh no!! That's a bummer, hope your lady isn't effected!):

BUT, that cloning method looks really nice, and only 5 days... Good find Hunter, major props to you. I will probably try this method out as it looks much easier to do than building my own aerocloner.... and if it roots them faster and nicer thats fine by me!

Thanks a lot for teaching everyone (especially me haha) so many new things!

Thanks MaxYields. The things i have done would not have been possible without this site and awesome members. We are all a team and have to grow together. Thats what its all about. There is a write up on cloning with rapid rooters i believe but just did these my way. It worked great!!!! I love cloning and wished i had more room! Its so hard for me to trash a clone that i dont need... Especially when all of them root! I want to grow them all! =)

Thanks MaxYields. The things i have done would not have been possible without this site and awesome members. We are all a team and have to grow together. Thats what its all about. There is a write up on cloning with rapid rooters i believe but just did these my way. It worked great!!!! I love cloning and wished i had more room! Its so hard for me to trash a clone that i dont need... Especially when all of them root! I want to grow them all! =)

Hahah, I feel like I am going to have that problem! I might run a little SOG grow solely based on that fact!

I'll definitely go find some Rapid Rooter cloning guides.

I actually have a question, do you think I could pop some seeds using this method?

Yes of course! The only thing i see that may be an issue is the hole in the rooters are pretty big like my pre cut holes in rockwool. I usually make a hole to the side of the pre cut hole for a tighter fit for the seeds. That would be up to you though. I really like the root growth on these clones though... They grew better than any rockwool i have done before. Last time when i cloned LSD in rockwool i only saw about 4 root tips at the beginning coming out. These rapid rooter has roots ALL around the plug! Rapid growth!

Thanks c526! I saw them 2 for $1 and said HEY! I can use those. hehe

Edit to add: I just thought about it as well! It could be the rootech cloning gel playing a big part in it! I was using that cheap wally world cloning powder until now. I ordered the rootech the same time i ordered the rapid rooters. So i cant give all the credit to the rapid rooters.

Back
Top Bottom