Barneys Farm, Purple Punch, Organic Living Soil

Autofacade

Hi guys, gals. Welcome!

This is my second grow journal indoors my set up is as follows:

Strain: Purple Punch - By barneys farm.
90% indica with a 50-60 day flowering.

Set up:
1.2x2.4 bud box pro tent
6" Rhino pro filter with RVK L1 extraction fan. On a temp sensor.
5" Ram twin speed intake fan.
Humidifier and dehumidifier on standby if needed.
2kw fan heater on a temp sensor
2 oscillating fans
C02 bags

Lighting:
Seedlings and 1st week veg - 300w blue cfl
Veg - 400w metal halide
Flower - 600w cfl +boost
(This may change to LED depending on the temps during the summer)

Medium:
Base soil was eco thrive I used in my last grow and have re-ammended for this round pumped with micro life and extra goodies, through compost teas and top dressing. I have tiger worms and night crawlers working the soil and white springtail mites working the top layer and mulche. This grow is 100% organic and I try and use my own products rather than bottled but sometimes it is easier. My biggest and best weapon is compost teas, building the different microbial life through each stage of the plants development. Each plant has it's own 56ltr root nurse pot. Mulched with hay and a variety of amendments.

Plan is to veg for 8 weeks and then into flower. I use multiple techniques by applying a trellis net, super cropping and topping. Last grow I tried a mixture of fimming and topping. I much prefer topping.

Here is to another successful grow! I hope everyone enjoys and gets involved along the way!

Attachments

• 20200402_235715.jpg
    20200402_235715.jpg
    754.8 KB · Views: 197
So it begins!

Purple punch.

10 seeds to get 8 plants havent had a bad seed yet from barneys when it comes to germination. I soak for 12 hours, by which time they have sunk.
Then into a wet paper towel and into a sandwich bag air tight. With a towel over the top to keep them in the dark. I will now leave them for 48-72 hours until I have an inch long tap root. Doesnt normally take that long as I place mine ontop of a tropical fish tank, the light unit creates a nice warmth perfect for germination. Let's see what happens!

Attachments

• 20200403_001207.jpg
    20200403_001207.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 20200403_001214.jpg
    20200403_001214.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 20200403_113900.jpg
    20200403_113900.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 20200403_115310.jpg
    20200403_115310.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 20200403_115422.jpg
    20200403_115422.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 177
  • 20200403_115518.jpg
    20200403_115518.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 181
  • 20200403_000848.jpg
    20200403_000848.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 200
Hey there. Got my ticket for the PP ride. Good luck with organics :passitleft:

I was enjoying some fine nugs but unfortunately I don't have the time to deal with organics anymore. I used to grow with organic material both in soil and coco but I switched back to GH FloraCoco series. To be honest, there is not a huge difference in taste. But organics produce a more intense smell when you burn them, making it hard to smoke in public.

My current journal is also on Purple Punch and this plant is now in 4th week of flowering. You can check my journal for some foreknowledge. You can also check ProfessorFlora's Barney's sponsored grow journal. Purple Punch is a monster mate:morenutes: Try to veg. these seeds as long as you can. Can't wait to smoke mine and see how yours turn out.

Peace :lot-o-toke:

I'll be following along too if there is room for an organics newb.. Been growing in coco with various bottles for a few years with pretty good results. And also an actual outdoor vegetable garden. But the boredom must be getting to me these days as things are shut down here. I just ordered a bale of Stepwell super soil, top dressings, lactobacillus concentrate and some kind of two part compost tea kit. Just have to figure out how to make it all work now.
Love the Barney's Farm stuff , last grow I had their Pink Kush and am just about to harvest one of their Gorilla Zkittlez tonight!

Hey there. Got my ticket for the PP ride. Good luck with organics :passitleft:

I was enjoying some fine nugs but unfortunately I don't have the time to deal with organics anymore. I used to grow with organic material both in soil and coco but I switched back to GH FloraCoco series. To be honest, there is not a huge difference in taste. But organics produce a more intense smell when you burn them, making it hard to smoke in public.

My current journal is also on Purple Punch and this plant is now in 4th week of flowering. You can check my journal for some foreknowledge. You can also check ProfessorFlora's Barney's sponsored grow journal. Purple Punch is a monster mate:morenutes: Try to veg. these seeds as long as you can. Can't wait to smoke mine and see how yours turn out.

Peace :lot-o-toke:
Yo!!
Of course more the better imo! Check out my other grow aswell with Glookies another of barneys farm which I'm currently running on the same system in my signature.

Good to know there isnt much taste difference but an organic living soil i prefer just for ease of growing once it's set up and how forgiving it is. If I were to change I would love to do DWC.

Will for sure be having a look over your journal to get some Intel on these girls I have herd they are one of, if not the best of barneys atm! Veg would normally be 8 weeks but I am having to start them at home under natural light for now due to lock down!

Might be asking you a few questions along the way :)

I'll be following along too if there is room for an organics newb.. Been growing in coco with various bottles for a few years with pretty good results. And also an actual outdoor vegetable garden. But the boredom must be getting to me these days as things are shut down here. I just ordered a bale of Stepwell super soil, top dressings, lactobacillus concentrate and some kind of two part compost tea kit. Just have to figure out how to make it all work now.
Love the Barney's Farm stuff , last grow I had their Pink Kush and am just about to harvest one of their Gorilla Zkittlez tonight!
No newbie I still am bro in my eyes everyone is lol! Always new things to learn with organics the biggest thing is to always remember you are not feeding the plant! You are feeding the soil! Compost teas are awesome and lactobacillus serum I learnt to make from home along with many other boosters from @Emilya. She has some very helpful things for organics. If your wanted to get into it check her journals out aswell!

My mate just completed zkittlez with bottled organics and came out with 4oz per plant. Was impressive! Welcome aboard bro.

Yo!!
Of course more the better imo! Check out my other grow aswell with Glookies another of barneys farm which I'm currently running on the same system in my signature.

Good to know there isnt much taste difference but an organic living soil i prefer just for ease of growing once it's set up and how forgiving it is. If I were to change I would love to do DWC.

Will for sure be having a look over your journal to get some Intel on these girls I have herd they are one of, if not the best of barneys atm! Veg would normally be 8 weeks but I am having to start them at home under natural light for now due to lock down!

Might be asking you a few questions along the way :)

Any questions are welcomed :passitleft:

Its easier to grow organics in soil compared to hydro. I tried both and for me coco works the best. Yield is lighter compared to the regular nutes though. That is another reason for me to dump organics. I enjoy experimenting different pH levels so I will keep growing hydro for sure.

Using organics must be better for our health. I used to grow with Advanced Nutrients products. I have red lots of reviews and stuff about them and some of their products are claimed to contain forbidden pesticides or other harmful stuff. I was having amazing results with their Connoisseur grandmaster line. I dumped AN because of the material that I red. You can't tell if your harvest contains bad stuff just by smoking. Everything can feel perfect but there can be something wrong. I support organics all the way for that reason.

I am keeping my nutrient kit as simple as possible for a while. I am using 2 part nute from GH(flora coco) and boosting that with Mykos, Cannazym, Sensi Cal/Mag and pK13/14. When I detect the ideal pH for the strain, results are almost as good as the AN grandmaster line. I should note that I am using better lighting equipment though but there is not an unacceptable difference for sure.

So little updated. A little late I apologies.
9/10 seeds germinated. The fastest sprouting seeds I left them for just over 48hours and they had grown a tap root around 3"! They are all in there first 1 ltr pot and will stay there until they can finnish a good watering in 24hours. Then they will keep moving up as they go until they reach the final 56ltr pots. It maybe sooner as I still need to transport them to thier final home. On other news due to lock down etc these girls are going to be started outside and trained until they are read for the big tent, or even ready to flower. I cant do it any other way. They are currently getting some early morning sun along with my other plants. They are now 3 days from paper towel.

Attachments

• 20200407_103213.jpg
    20200407_103213.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 20200407_103329.jpg
    20200407_103329.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 15864221906671317594809405984950.jpg
    15864221906671317594809405984950.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
So little updated. A little late I apologies.
9/10 seeds germinated. The fastest sprouting seeds I left them for just over 48hours and they had grown a tap root around 3"! They are all in there first 1 ltr pot and will stay there until they can finnish a good watering in 24hours. Then they will keep moving up as they go until they reach the final 56ltr pots. It maybe sooner as I still need to transport them to thier final home. On other news due to lock down etc these girls are going to be started outside and trained until they are read for the big tent, or even ready to flower. I cant do it any other way. They are currently getting some early morning sun along with my other plants. They are now 3 days from paper towel.
There's over 14 hours of decent sun up time in the UK now, today is beautiful and sunny,gonna be warm (by UK standards), those plants are gonna do well alright outside at the moment.
Couple more weeks the night time temperatures should be ok too.

I'll be following along! I want to learn more about growing organic and I too have a Purple Punch that I'm growing from a clone. She's actually doing the best from all my others. I have a few other journals documenting my first time growing from seed. It's exciting! I'll probably do all my plants from seed next year. Unless there are some exciting genetics I want to try from clones again. Lol

I'll be following along! I want to learn more about growing organic and I too have a Purple Punch that I'm growing from a clone. She's actually doing the best from all my others. I have a few other journals documenting my first time growing from seed. It's exciting! I'll probably do all my plants from seed next year. Unless there are some exciting genetics I want to try from clones again. Lol

Purple Punch is becoming very popular. I got one in 4th week of flowering and I think I will always keep this strain in my inventory. Very impressive so far. Smell is incredibly dank and plant has a nice indica dominant structure. Bush for the win :morenutes:

@TriangleCheese I've never even tried it yet. I'll probably pick some up soon. I have been hearing good things about it and it was the last of the Purple punch clones at the dispensary when I went. I keep track of the nursery's drop alerts and they are not readily available. I felt lucky when I saw her. I figured I better get it and I'm glad I did! I have done a little research on it but I need to do more honestly. I want to make sure I don't mess up it's grow stages and stunt it somehow by taking care of it wrong. Working with multiple varieties this season is forcing me to tailor each plant differently. It is making me pay closer attention. It can a little overwhelming though to be honest. I currently have 9 different varieties growing. I'm too stoned to keep track of my own damn feeding schedule...

@TriangleCheese I've never even tried it yet. I'll probably pick some up soon. I have been hearing good things about it and it was the last of the Purple punch clones at the dispensary when I went. I keep track of the nursery's drop alerts and they are not readily available. I felt lucky when I saw her. I figured I better get it and I'm glad I did! I have done a little research on it but I need to do more honestly. I want to make sure I don't mess up it's grow stages and stunt it somehow by taking care of it wrong. Working with multiple varieties this season is forcing me to tailor each plant differently. It is making me pay closer attention. It can a little overwhelming though to be honest. I currently have 9 different varieties growing. I'm too stoned to keep track of my own damn feeding schedule...

Thats one of the reasons for me to keep a journal here. I always forget the exact flip date :lot-o-toke:

Thats one of the reasons for me to keep a journal here. I always forget the exact flip date :lot-o-toke:
Haaa haaa...yup! I had to look back on mine only a few days to remember the last time I watered mine since @Emilya was asking. I could not even remember that already! I blame that on the morning smoke sesh. Haa haaa. Last year, I was TERRIBLE at keeping up with my journal and notes in general. One my main goals for this year's grow is all about notes and journaling. I will be starting a personal written journal too so that my kids could have them after I pass away. Help them get a glimpse or to remember my mind and heart with my garden and this plant that has helped me so much.

Yo guys!
Cheers for the awesome amount of support so far! I will try keep you all up to date the best I can!
Purple punch is sure busy after scoring 3rd in the top cali strains just after blue dream at 1st and gelato at 2nd. I've seen and herd some real good reviews on this strain. Outdoors at the moment in the UK is perfect they were praying to the sun earlier reaching a 25°C with a light breeze. I keep thier personal humidity dome on every night (a bottle cut in half). They are going all good so far. Yesterday I watered lightly with some root juice and a little liquid from my wormery.

Attachments

• IMG-20200412-WA0030.jpeg
    IMG-20200412-WA0030.jpeg
    787.7 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom