Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Those purple buds are beautiful,Prof !
The "purple" strains I grew were only purple if you looked real close and used your imagination...
The bright purple is awesome-like something you'd find in a bouquet from the flower shop!

Sorry about the late reply. It's been a hell of a day as per usual. My water is pretty good here and most of the time when I check the ph it doesn't need adjusting after making up a mix. It is usually in between 6.2 and 6.6 before any adjustments are made. That doesn't mean that I don't adjust it though as I like it swing a little. Not too much though. For example if my last watering went in at 6.2 then I'll try and push the next watering up to 6.5. I've been doing this for all of my grows in this journal.

Hey GG! How are you sensei? I see you found the Banana pics lol. Yep. She blew big time. I haven't had one go like that for a long time. I can't even remember what strain or when it was. I just remember it happening.

I don't know if a tea will help but I think I'm going for a flush now though. It's just weird. I sometimes get some issues like this in veg but then the plants normally sort themselves out once they begin to flower.

I'm currently running MegaCrop in a recirculating dripper system. I started on MC and very nearly killed all 4 plants. I changed to MasterBlend and got things under control again but I ran out of that last week. I'm now on the MC again so I'm watching with great interest and anxiety lol. It should be fine but I'm Prof so who knows

its been one of those months I'm afraid. I've not been on the site quite as much recently because of everything which has been going on. Mrs is good now. Everything is back to normal which is a relief. These events are about as appreciated as a fart in a spacesuit!

It says on the bag that you can give 7g in flower. I can't show you because I didn't keep the bag though

Banana is the new sack!

Nope! My kids only eat Hookers and Blow Flakes

its a shame but these things happen. I hate seeing things like this happen to new growers. Thankfully they don't always go as bad as this. I didn't save any pollen as the sacks hadn't matured fully. I didn't want to risk ruining my other flowering plants especially the Dos Si Dos 33 who was sat right next to her.

its ok though Mr GG as I have this thing to stare at when the shit hits the fan. It gets better as I have a mother of this thing....
ORG_DSC09689.JPG
ORG_DSC09692.JPG

I know what you mean. Starting fresh can be relieving and bring you out of the slump. I'll only get memories from this one though. I do have 2 more seeds so it's not over yet

That sounds tricky. The roots have filled the pot right to the top couple inches. I'll have to look into the aluminium sulphate. How does that work?
now that is a pretty lady prof. What a saving grace mate. These purples are getting crazy for bag appeal. I am harvesting the blackberry atm a d boy they smell nice.lol. Only completed one trim of that strain and #2of the Lsd-25 2.6oz between the 2 which is a dissapointment but they were the Los pot and the smallest Lsd-25. I do think she could have gone a other week in hindsight so I am glad I kept the other 2 going in. 1 is in the dark and the other out tomorrow . finally getting to the fi fishing post it seems . be glad to get back to photos again now that autos itch is scratched. lol
Managed to get 10 for 10 on my germ so new run upcoming with 10 strains ( 4 of the fast flowering fast buds too). should be a good run hopefully and a gg#4 for my Gorilla addiction. lol. fingers crossed we have some luck for these runs now. lol

That sounds tricky. The roots have filled the pot right to the top couple inches. I'll have to look into the aluminium sulphate. How does that work?
Again optimally, you would want to work it into the soil. Not so easy to do once you have a well established plant in there.

I have heard of cases of top dressing. To how many tea or tablespoons, I dont know or want to guess. You would have to look deeper into that. After that I would work it in with a fork best I could.

As this crossed my one and only grow about week 3 or 4 into flower, I shared this same experience. My solution (long story short) was to rinse the medium (not flush) and reset with full nutes. Top dressed with straight peat and rode it out.

Im pretty ok with how things turned out.

It's time to check the damage and see how we are doing today. The short answer is worse. The longer answer is that despite the degradation of her largest fan leaves she's still growing and hasn't thrown bananas like she's doing a lap on Mario Kart. I do see some of the smaller leaves becoming effected though. I had to check back over the journal to see how she was earlier in the grow and I think she's always been on the edge of slipping into ill health. Certainly not a beginner plant if there are more phenos like this. I consider this grow to be a failure which is a shame but I'll make up for it. My original intention was to close this journal after this grow as I have a few things coming up and I'll need to temporarily dismantle the grow room. However. We can't end on a low note. Oh no. Not happening. So that brings me to my next question. Who's up for a Barneys multi strain single pot grow? I learnt a few things from doing one a little while ago and I think I could improve on it. Last time I did 7 plants in a 10 gallon pot with great success. Maybe this time I could run 10 Barneys strains and see how it goes. Anyway. Back to the programme. It's flowering day 38 for the DSD today and she is still on 7g of MC. I definitely need to stake her now as she's starting to sway. I'll be finishing work early tomorrow so that will be my job for the afternoon. The only way I can flush her now is to use a pump to remove water from the pot a strain it comes out the bottom and sits in the tray. I think it would be a disaster if I tried to remove her from the tent now. She'll need watering again tomorrow so that's when I'll do the flush as well. Busy busy busy. I thought gardening was meant to be therapeutic. Here we are today....
ORG_DSC09664.JPG
ORG_DSC09665.JPG
ORG_DSC09666.JPG
ORG_DSC09667.JPG
ORG_DSC09668.JPG
ORG_DSC09682.JPG
ORG_DSC09683.JPG
ORG_DSC09684.JPG
ORG_DSC09687.JPG
ORG_DSC09688.JPG

It's time to check the damage and see how we are doing today. The short answer is worse. The longer answer is that despite the degradation of her largest fan leaves she's still growing and hasn't thrown bananas like she's doing a lap on Mario Kart. I do see some of the smaller leaves becoming effected though. I had to check back over the journal to see how she was earlier in the grow and I think she's always been on the edge of slipping into ill health. Certainly not a beginner plant if there are more phenos like this. I consider this grow to be a failure which is a shame but I'll make up for it. My original intention was to close this journal after this grow as I have a few things coming up and I'll need to temporarily dismantle the grow room. However. We can't end on a low note. Oh no. Not happening. So that brings me to my next question. Who's up for a Barneys multi strain single pot grow? I learnt a few things from doing one a little while ago and I think I could improve on it. Last time I did 7 plants in a 10 gallon pot with great success. Maybe this time I could run 10 Barneys strains and see how it goes. Anyway. Back to the programme. It's flowering day 38 for the DSD today and she is still on 7g of MC. I definitely need to stake her now as she's starting to sway. I'll be finishing work early tomorrow so that will be my job for the afternoon. The only way I can flush her now is to use a pump to remove water from the pot a strain it comes out the bottom and sits in the tray. I think it would be a disaster if I tried to remove her from the tent now. She'll need watering again tomorrow so that's when I'll do the flush as well. Busy busy busy. I thought gardening was meant to be therapeutic. Here we are today....
ORG_DSC09664.JPG
ORG_DSC09665.JPG
ORG_DSC09666.JPG
ORG_DSC09667.JPG
ORG_DSC09668.JPG
ORG_DSC09682.JPG
ORG_DSC09683.JPG
ORG_DSC09684.JPG
ORG_DSC09687.JPG
ORG_DSC09688.JPG
Yeah, they're a little mad at you right now.

ORG_DSC09664.JPG
ORG_DSC09665.JPG
ORG_DSC09666.JPG
ORG_DSC09667.JPG
ORG_DSC09668.JPG
ORG_DSC09682.JPG
ORG_DSC09683.JPG
ORG_DSC09684.JPG
ORG_DSC09687.JPG
ORG_DSC09688.JPG
Ouch !

Man that is a nice bud starting, I Love the color
Thanks PC. I've had it for months and have only recently had the chance to flower her. Im very happy with what she's turning out to be. No hermies please
Those purple buds are beautiful,Prof !
The "purple" strains I grew were only purple if you looked real close and used your imagination...
The bright purple is awesome-like something you'd find in a bouquet from the flower shop!
Thanks Cass. I've had plenty of imaginary purple strains. Wish they did these at the florists. Maybe one day
now that is a pretty lady prof. What a saving grace mate. These purples are getting crazy for bag appeal. I am harvesting the blackberry atm a d boy they smell nice.lol. Only completed one trim of that strain and #2of the Lsd-25 2.6oz between the 2 which is a dissapointment but they were the Los pot and the smallest Lsd-25. I do think she could have gone a other week in hindsight so I am glad I kept the other 2 going in. 1 is in the dark and the other out tomorrow . finally getting to the fi fishing post it seems . be glad to get back to photos again now that autos itch is scratched. lol
Managed to get 10 for 10 on my germ so new run upcoming with 10 strains ( 4 of the fast flowering fast buds too). should be a good run hopefully and a gg#4 for my Gorilla addiction. lol. fingers crossed we have some luck for these runs now. lol
the Blackberry was one of my favourite FB strains. That and the Fastberry. Both had great colour and some very nice fruity turps. Where's your GG#4 from. I have a GG#4 cross coming up called Shaved Monkey which sounds very nice indeed. It looks really good and stands out as my favourite of the new strains I dropped a little while ago. Did you see the new strains over at gorilla seeds? They've released all the classics in auto form. I thought that they might've been what you were given but these are all full autos.
Again optimally, you would want to work it into the soil. Not so easy to do once you have a well established plant in there.

I have heard of cases of top dressing. To how many tea or tablespoons, I dont know or want to guess. You would have to look deeper into that. After that I would work it in with a fork best I could.

As this crossed my one and only grow about week 3 or 4 into flower, I shared this same experience. My solution (long story short) was to rinse the medium (not flush) and reset with full nutes. Top dressed with straight peat and rode it out.

Im pretty ok with how things turned out.
well at this point I'm willing to try anything so I'll certainly look into that.
Yeah, they're a little mad at you right now.
I've had worse.

"Just remember. Look at the purple. Look at the purple"
On a more positive note she does smell nice.

:passitleft:

Hey 420! No pics today as I'm going to do some updates over on my other thread however I just wanted to let you all know that I think I've solved Dos Si Dos problem. I did a flush today and checked the run off. Shed said to check the PPM of the run off but it's MegaCrop so would that show an accurate reading? I dont know but I checked it anyway. It came in at 1283 PPM. That sounds ok to me. I then decided to check the PH and BANG! It came out at 5.4......I think I have you. Now it's far too late to save those nasty looking leaves but there are plenty more which will see the plant to the end. I've run 30 gallons of tap water at a ph of 7.0 through the pot and then 10 gallons of nutrient solution at 6.5. Hopefully this will make a difference and we can save what's left of her. Fingers crossed that this is the problem.

Happy growing everyone....

Hey 420! No pics today as I'm going to do some updates over on my other thread however I just wanted to let you all know that I think I've solved Dos Si Dos problem. I did a flush today and checked the run off. Shed said to check the PPM of the run off but it's MegaCrop so would that show an accurate reading? I dont know but I checked it anyway. It came in at 1283 PPM. That sounds ok to me. I then decided to check the PH and BANG! It came out at 5.4......I think I have you. Now it's far too late to save those nasty looking leaves but there are plenty more which will see the plant to the end. I've run 30 gallons of tap water at a ph of 7.0 through the pot and then 10 gallons of nutrient solution at 6.5. Hopefully this will make a difference and we can save what's left of her. Fingers crossed that this is the problem.

Happy growing everyone....

Let's hope "Rinse and Feed All In One Go" works!

No reason it would be different with MC. PPM seems okay.

pH testing of runoff from soil is not a thing.

Slurry testing is.
I got all excited there for a second. I thought I had it. Never mind.

Let's hope "Rinse and Feed All In One Go" works!
It doesn't appear to be yet. I Have a feeling that we're just gonna have to let this one do whatever it does. I think it's gonna lose all of the large fans as they just fall off now when I brush past them if I'm not careful.

Hey 420! I've dropped 18 seeds this morning. That's right! 18.....
ORG_DSC09748.JPG

We have 2 x Orange Sherbert, 2 x Gorilla Zkittles, 2 x Vanilla Kush, 2 x Shishkaberry, 2 x Ayahuasca Purple, 2 x Purple Punch, 2 x Tropicanna Banana, 2 x Dos Si Dos 33, 1 x G13 Haze and finally 1 x Cookies Kush.

I only need 10 so I'll be picking the best of each strain and sticking them all in here....
ORG_DSC09750.JPG

What we have here is a 10 gallon fabric pot with various potting mixes which I've been saving up. I've used some bacteria tablets to inoculate the soil and am just allowing it to sit until needed. Once the seedlings have sprouted and I've selected my choice then I'll put them all in here and begin training. Hopefully they'll be getting flowered in early March which is plenty of time to do what I need to do. Godspeed Prof!

Back
Top Bottom