Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Thanks burdock. I said in the previous update that she hadn't claimed the tent yet but now I'm thinking that it will be close. She is super strong and looks like a great plant. She has a good amount of bud sites already as well.

The lights are off now so I will do an update on her tomorrow.
:passitleft:

Bud sites is the goal :drool:
She's really looking great, they all are. Very impressive

Couldn’t agree more with the Tropicanna Banana, very hearty plant. I got 2 on the go right now, about 35 days into veg. Out of the 3 different strains in the room. Those are doing the best by far. I’ll follow along with your grow too, if you don’t mind Prof. Looking forward to watching yours flower.

Lol, he’ll certainly come help, for the measly price of airfare. ;)
Perhaps I could mail you the harvest in freezer boxes and you could just send it back once its trimmed. There could be a business in that :idea:
Bud sites is the goal :drool:
She's really looking great, they all are. Very impressive
She's looking really good and has a very clean and tidy appearance. I'll be doing a heavy defol next week to open her up to the light. We'll get to see what she's made of then.
Couldn’t agree more with the Tropicanna Banana, very hearty plant. I got 2 on the go right now, about 35 days into veg. Out of the 3 different strains in the room. Those are doing the best by far. I’ll follow along with your grow too, if you don’t mind Prof. Looking forward to watching yours flower.
Welcome Canadadoes. Good to hear that there are some more TB's to check out. Are you documenting yours? Also how long are you going to veg for? They seem to have a healthy stretch.

She's looking really good and has a very clean and tidy appearance. I'll be doing a heavy defol next week to open her up to the light. We'll get to see what she's made of then.

Welcome Canadadoes. Good to hear that there are some more TB's to check out. Are you documenting yours? Also how long are you going to veg for? They seem to have a healthy stretch.

Loving the TropBan community on here haha!

I'm hoping to flip in a week, hopefully not longer. How much are you finding she is stretching?

Loving the TropBan community on here haha!

I'm hoping to flip in a week, hopefully not longer. How much are you finding she is stretching?
Shes' definitely stretching and we still have at least a good week of that left before she settles. I will show you how much she has grown in an update shortly. It's the kids lunch time first or feeding time at the zoo as we like to say

Are you documenting yours? Also how long are you going to veg for

I am documenting it, it’s in the “Planet Express” journal in my signature. Currently we’re at day 36ish, I was thinking about a 45 day veg. Haven’t committed to a timeframe yet. Just trying to build the structure before the flip.

I am documenting it, it’s in the “Planet Express” journal in my signature. Currently we’re at day 36ish, I was thinking about a 45 day veg. Haven’t committed to a timeframe yet. Just trying to build the structure before the flip.
Excellent. The good thing about the Tropicanna banana is that it doesnt take long to train as it is very fast. I will do a little training tutorial on my mother plant later today to hopefully show how tough and quick to recover she is.

I'll be over shortly to check out your journal

The good thing about the Tropicanna banana is that it doesnt take long to train as it is very fast
Yes, I must agree. I topped them 10 days ago. They didn’t even seem fazed. No noticeable slow down in growth. Thoroughly impressed.

Yes, I must agree. I topped them 10 days ago. They didn’t even seem fazed. No noticeable slow down in growth. Thoroughly impressed.

I also must agree. I've manhandled her a little and she's not even given much of a fuss. She's doing exactly what I'm wanting her to.
What a joy to grow.
I think I'm just 5 days behind you, CD!

Tropicanna Banana Update....

Hey 420. So after taking a look at the calendar it turns out that we are on flowering day 12. I knew it was somewhere around the 2 week mark. So far I have done some super-cropping but haven't got anything to tie her down with so she has popped back up a bit. Not to worry as there is still plenty of time for training. She is drinking about a litre of feed a day at the moment which is quite impressive. She is currently on 4.5g of MC per gallon of water but could probably do with a slight increase. She is slightly more pale than her 3 friends but she is also growing the fastest.
Here are some pics of her development so far.

!6/05/20. Flowering day 1...
DSC01611.JPG

22/05/20. After some bending....
DSC01804.JPG

28/05/20. Here we are today....
DSC02014.JPG

Here is a pic of her next to the other 3. She's top left....
DSC02013.JPG

We still have some room to play with in the tent but I don't think that will be the case for long. So far things are going well and she is looking set to impress. Here are some close-ups of her....
DSC02015.JPG

DSC02016.JPG
DSC02017.JPG

Next job will be to get her trimmed up.

Mother plant trim coming up next....

Time to get snippy! The fresh TB mother is growing well enough to receive a heavy trim....
DSC02023.JPG
DSC02024.JPG
DSC02025.JPG

What I'm looking for is 2 growth tips which are near each other. The rest is going to get removed. There are plenty to choose from so I will make them somewhere around the middle of the plant. It doesnt matter what height they are at but I prefer a bit of a gap between the leaves and the medium....
DSC02026.JPG

Don't need that bit....
DSC02027.JPG

Looks messy. Lets tidy it up a bit....
DSC02028.JPG

That's better....
DSC02029.JPG

Now I know for a fact that this particular plant is solid as an ox and can handle a beating so being this tough with her is fine. Many strains wouldn't like being treated like this though. Her roots are looking good as well....
DSC02034.JPG

Here we are back in her home with her friend who is also one tough cookie....
DSC02042.JPG

Hey 420! This journal has slowed a little recently but this evening I will be setting up the auto grow and dropping the seeds. I'll be back with an update of what will be happening as soon as I have sorted it all out.
Thanks for your patients

No problem... we send all our sick to the UK... we don't have the patience to deal with them ;)
That definitely explains a lot. I knew GG couldn't have been one of ours
Sweet! I showed up just in time for the new Barneys auto drop! I broke my phone and just got up and running again,here for the rest of the show!
Should be seeing a seedling break the surface any time now. They've been in the medium for 3 days so I wouldn't be surprised if there was one when I check on them first thing in the morning. I'm pretty excited about these. I've not done an auto seriously for a while now.

Hey Barney's crew. Hope you've all been well and will pardon my absence. It has been a busy couple of weeks with home life and a harvest to sort out. The next round of Barneys strains are all set up and ready to go. We shouldn't be waiting much longer and I'm sure we will see the first plant very soon. A quick recap is in order. This round will be an autoflower, coco grow using 300w of LED lighting and MegaCrop for nutrients. The plants will be bottom fed once I'm happy that they are more established but for now they will be fed normally with a small amount each day.
The strains are Barneys Farm's newest Auto releases and are Gorilla Glue, Gorilla Zkittles, Dos Si Dos and Wedding Cake.
I will be running 2 of each in the 2x4 tent in 5lt plastic pots. The "plastic" part is important as I have just finished a bottom fed grow with fabric pots and they got incredibly dirty. I'm hoping the plastic will remain clean but also allow the roots to breath. Autos in 5lt pots can get quite root bound and these are described as potentially large plants. I have grown plenty of autos in 5lt pots with no real problems in the past but that was in soil. Coco might be a little different. We'll have to see.
Here is what the new grow space currently looks like. It is the quiet before the storm....Hopefully....
DSC02345.JPG
DSC02346.JPG

Hey 420. I was wrong about there being any seedlings in the morning but one did pop up at lunchtime. The first strain to rise was a Gorilla Zkittles. About an hour ago I noticed that another is on its way and this time it is a Wedding Cake.
We are officially growing autos! Lets hope we get all eight....
DSC02437.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
DSC02438.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC02439.JPG

Hey 420. I was wrong about there being any seedlings in the morning but one did pop up at lunchtime. The first strain to rise was a Gorilla Zkittles. About an hour ago I noticed that another is on its way and this time it is a Wedding Cake.
We are officially growing autos! Lets hope we get all eight....
DSC02437.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
DSC02438.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC02439.JPG

Man I need that same autoflowering seed inventory. Barney's autos sound promising. I need to travel to Amsterdam soon. Only got one PP and one GZ left.

Back
Top Bottom