Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Was a remarkable ride Prof. thank you for this amazing effort :passitleft: I think I made the most out of this journal.

I'll be breeding some strains from this journal and my promo pack from Barney's but this project still needs time. I'll poke you to see your reaction on the results when I start a journal on that. Some serious potential in Barney's genetics I think.
Thanks TC! It means a lot. Weve had a great time with this one. I just wish the world didn't get so confusing. It started to show in the final quarter of this thread.

I wish you the best in your future projects and must thank you again for your enthusiasm and support throughout.

I'll be there to see what is accomplished.
:passitleft:

Hey 420! I must pull my finger out and get these final two strain reviews done so let's begin.

First up the harvest results.

The last grow consisted of the Wedding Cake auto and the GG auto and was grown under a 200w 4000K floodlight. The tent size was 60cm x 80cm, the medium was coco coir and the nutrients used was MegaCrop. In total we scored 9.8oz or 278g. That is not bad at all for the space and is a new record for that paricular tent. It seems difficult to believe from the pics but the GG beat the WC in yield dispite looking much smaller. The WC scored 4oz exactly and the GG was 4.8oz.
Both plants had a tough time as they were being grown at the height of my issues this year. They ended up looking beaten and battered, their leaves yellow and falling off. This doesn't seem to have effected the final product and I don't think I could pull much more from that space. Overall it was a nice little success and something I needed to pull me out of my slump. So, time for some reviews.
Back shortly.

Edit. I forgot to mention that I didn't actually weight all of the bud as there was so much larf on the lower parts of the plants. I threw a lot in the trim and the better stuff I just jarred and picked through at my own pace. There was probably a good couple of ounces on the GG alone. The WC had much less but there was still a jars worth. There was probably closer to 12oz if I wasn't so lazy lol.

Thanks TC! It means a lot. Weve had a great time with this one. I just wish the world didn't get so confusing. It started to show in the final quarter of this thread.

I wish you the best in your future projects and must thank you again for your enthusiasm and support throughout.

I'll be there to see what is accomplished.

Exactly. I hope things go back to normal again soon. There is so much good stuff to follow around here but you always have a wide variety of genetics going on and helping the community in a lot of ways. I am sure everybody is having a nice time reading your material. Always funny,neat, active and detailed. People are learning a lot and that is the spirit of growing this sh.t. Keep doing your thing brother :passitleft:

About the future projects, I've designed another LED fixture and I am planning to go vertical inside my grow tent with these. Since I am swapping to SOG why not add a second floor to the garden right :) Feels good to beat the 1g/W threshold all the time but I'm sure it will feel amazing to get more than 2g/W regularly. I'm done messing with plant architecture and now focused on the max yield and frost as I mention. I have a good feeling about this vertical grow tent idea.

Wedding Cake Review.

The Wedding Cake Auto from Barney's Farm is a crossing of Wedding Cake and Barney's Farm Super Auto #1. I don't know what the SA #1 is but it makes some super strong plants. The branches on the WC auto were literally unbending and stood up tall and unaided in the tent. The growth was perfect and very fast with the plant being ready to harvest within the breeders estimated time. The plant started out with quite broad leaves which became more narrow fingered as she matured. It was visually impressive and felt like nothing could go wrong. Things did go wrong though but that didn't slow her one bit. She continued to fatten up and pack on the grease right up until the very end. The problem we encountered was fungus gnat related and they went to town on many of my plants in the garden. The WC was showing all the signs of stress but just kept going. The only thing which frustrated me was that I lost a lot of sugar leaves to the gnats as the plant became bright yellow and the leaves dried up. Overall though, this plants grows, and grows very nicely. The Super Auto #1 must be a beast.

The flowers were equally as impressive. They had an orange hue and appeared golden at times under the lighting. The trichome production for this plant was well above average with the flowers glistening with sticky frost. They had an excellent feel to them and were weighty. The smell was one of the best I've ever had from an auto. It had a very funky fuel profile with lots of subtleties. At times there was a fruity twist and at others it was more incense and woody. It was strong smelling from very early on and it would be very hard to hide this plant without a carbon filter.

The finished product was great. The dried flowers had great bag appeal, a very ripe odor and some serious effects. The flowers ground up perfectly and smoked even better. It took me close to a month to dry as the weather was not on my side but I think that it paid off. The flavour was as good as the smell and had some Kush/Chem notes that were there even before the cure. After a few weeks in the jar the flavours and smell were very intense. It was a favourite in my household and you couldn't open the jar without someone knowing. There was also some sour notes after the cure but the fruitiness had all but disappeared.
The effects were strong and a little debilitating. I could feel it in my head but my body was most effected. It was warming and very relaxing with the perfect amount of head buzz to keep you thinking. Sleep and eating came very easy but finding the motivation to clean a cat litter tray was gone. I did manage to get out and about but I felt tired from the exercise and just wanted to get back home.
The negatives are the usual offenders. Very dry and red eyes being the main one but also feeling very thirsty. Definitely one to have with a coffee or tea.

Overall I more than liked this plant. I wish all autos grew like this one did. It ticks all the boxes. Smell, flavour, effect and yield and is highly recommendable by me to anyone looking to try out autos for the first time. I also highly recommend to any auto growers who may not have tried any from Barney's Farm yet. This, I believe is my first automatic from Barney's Farm and I am very impressed. Well done.

Time for some pics. Have a great day everyone....

Wedding Cake Review.

The Wedding Cake Auto from Barney's Farm is a crossing of Wedding Cake and Barney's Farm Super Auto #1. I don't know what the SA #1 is but it makes some super strong plants. The branches on the WC auto were literally unbending and stood up tall and unaided in the tent. The growth was perfect and very fast with the plant being ready to harvest within the breeders estimated time. The plant started out with quite broad leaves which became more narrow fingered as she matured. It was visually impressive and felt like nothing could go wrong. Things did go wrong though but that didn't slow her one bit. She continued to fatten up and pack on the grease right up until the very end. The problem we encountered was fungus gnat related and they went to town on many of my plants in the garden. The WC was showing all the signs of stress but just kept going. The only thing which frustrated me was that I lost a lot of sugar leaves to the gnats as the plant became bright yellow and the leaves dried up. Overall though, this plants grows, and grows very nicely. The Super Auto #1 must be a beast.

The flowers were equally as impressive. They had an orange hue and appeared golden at times under the lighting. The trichome production for this plant was well above average with the flowers glistening with sticky frost. They had an excellent feel to them and were weighty. The smell was one of the best I've ever had from an auto. It had a very funky fuel profile with lots of subtleties. At times there was a fruity twist and at others it was more incense and woody. It was strong smelling from very early on and it would be very hard to hide this plant without a carbon filter.

The finished product was great. The dried flowers had great bag appeal, a very ripe odor and some serious effects. The flowers ground up perfectly and smoked even better. It took me close to a month to dry as the weather was not on my side but I think that it paid off. The flavour was as good as the smell and had some Kush/Chem notes that were there even before the cure. After a few weeks in the jar the flavours and smell were very intense. It was a favourite in my household and you couldn't open the jar without someone knowing. There was also some sour notes after the cure but the fruitiness had all but disappeared.
The effects were strong and a little debilitating. I could feel it in my head but my body was most effected. It was warming and very relaxing with the perfect amount of head buzz to keep you thinking. Sleep and eating came very easy but finding the motivation to clean a cat litter tray was gone. I did manage to get out and about but I felt tired from the exercise and just wanted to get back home.
The negatives are the usual offenders. Very dry and red eyes being the main one but also feeling very thirsty. Definitely one to have with a coffee or tea.

Overall I more than liked this plant. I wish all autos grew like this one did. It ticks all the boxes. Smell, flavour, effect and yield and is highly recommendable by me to anyone looking to try out autos for the first time. I also highly recommend to any auto growers who may not have tried any from Barney's Farm yet. This, I believe is my first automatic from Barney's Farm and I am very impressed. Well done.

Fire :blunt:

Exactly. I hope things go back to normal again soon. There is so much good stuff to follow around here but you always have a wide variety of genetics going on and helping the community in a lot of ways. I am sure everybody is having a nice time reading your material. Always funny,neat, active and detailed. People are learning a lot and that is the spirit of growing this sh.t. Keep doing your thing brother :passitleft:

About the future projects, I've designed another LED fixture and I am planning to go vertical inside my grow tent with these. Since I am swapping to SOG why not add a second floor to the garden right :) Feels good to beat the 1g/W threshold all the time but I'm sure it will feel amazing to get more than 2g/W regularly. I'm done messing with plant architecture and now focused on the max yield and frost as I mention. I have a good feeling about this vertical grow tent idea.
Man, you're a mind reader lol. I have been thinking about somehow installing a shelf to create another level for more plants. I was looking at my 2x4 tent which is 2 meters tall and thinking about how much wasted space that is. You can only grow so high before the lower flowers start becoming useless fluff so having a second level of plants would essentially double what can be pulled from the space doing what I currently do. I actually measured it up and I think that I could even fit a third level in there though it would be tight. I have to take into account the extra heat from having 2 or 3 times the lighting but it is something I really like the idea of. I thought about side lighting as well but I think my tent is too narrow and the plants would be touching the sides. Keep us posted on that one, TC :passitleft:

Wedding Cake Review.

Really nice write-up Prof. Really enjoyed it! Cheers :high-five: :ganjamon:

I love your smoke reports...have I mentioned that? I believe I have.
I seem to remember you mentioning something of the sort :thanks:
Really nice write-up Prof. Really enjoyed it! Cheers :high-five: :ganjamon:
Why thank you sy! If I'm lucky I might be able to do the other one shortly. All depends what the missus had planned. God help me.

Gorilla Glue Auto Review

Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue Auto is a crossing of the legendary GG#4 and the BF Super Auto #1. I don't normally mention other strains I've reviewed when writing these up but I feel I need to for this one.
This strain is a powerhouse and is as strong as they get. I've grown several versions of Gorilla Glue before and this one has been the most solid in terms of growth. I think it's that SA#1 again, giving strength and vigour that is really quite impressive. The branches on this thing we're even stronger than that of the Wedding Cake auto though the plant was lower growing and had a very squat look to her. There were flowers absolutely everywhere and they were tightly packed and heavy come harvest. I had to do several trims later in flower to get light into the plant as there was a high amount of leaves blocking everything out. I really couldn't see what was going on inside and didn't expect the plant to do as well as she did. It was a real pain to trim her up but was worth it.

The flowers on this lady were big and heavy and had a faint blue tinge to them. The smell isn't what I'd expect from a GG but it was still very pungent. For much of the grow they were more on the fruity side but by the end they had a heavy skunk smell and had a touch of ammonia which I wasn't expecting. Very stinky, almost eye-wateringly so. The taste of the flowers were skunky but still had some fruity notes. I could detect orange peel citrus behind the skunk. It was very nice but I had been expecting the more familiar GG flavour. That is my only complaint with this one but as I only grew out this one plant I can't say if this is normal or not. I doubt it though. I think this plant just got a little more of the SA #1 genetics.

The effects were generally well balanced and I found this one to be good as an all-rounder. I found that I could smoke it all day whilst still getting stuff done. No problems with the cat litter tray this time. I wouldn't call it mild though as it still packed a bit of a punch which was mostly felt up top. Come the evening I could still fall asleep though I usually put it down and picked up the Wedding Cake for a more relaxing experience.

Overall I was visually impressed with this monster of a plant. It took a little longer to get to harvest than the estimated time but it was worth it for the extra large yield. The flavours and effects were good though I would have liked a bit more Glue to shine through.
If you are looking for functional meds and lots of them then this could be the strain for you.
Have a great day everyone and Merry Christmas....

:thanks: Professor. Another great review for the record! I'm waiting for your strain compilation journal someday. :nomo:
Thanks Shed. I remember you saying about that. And they says stoners have bad memory. It's still in the pipe-line.
Omg
I thought this journal was done.
Did I unfollow somehow!?!
I must be months behind. :eek:
I don't think you've missed that much. I'm just trying up lose ends while I have the opportunity. Gonna start over in the new year with a fresh head and grow some super meds.

I don't think you've missed that much. I'm just trying up lose ends while I have the opportunity. Gonna start over in the new year with a fresh head and grow some super meds.
I think I have solved the mystery of the missing VG.

Turns out she lost contact on 4/20.
Must have done some real damage that day.

No idea why your post finally popped up today.

Thanks Prof! Love the way you've unpacked the smoke/experience. Will be a great reference point for me :thanks:
Thanks again sy! I very much enjoy doing the smoke reports though finding the time for them is getting tricky. Next year I will try to make the journals and reports better by having less to focus on. Less is more kinda thing.
I think I have solved the mystery of the missing VG.

Turns out she lost contact on 4/20.
Must have done some real damage that day.

No idea why your post finally popped up today.
You are totally forgiven. 4/20 has that effect on people.

Then in you are counted! Welcome my friend :)

Hey Orlando. Good to have you aboard buddy. Orange Sherbert sounds amazing! I like anything with the Cherry Pie :)
ProfFlora, I ordered the OS. Been up for 1 week...BUT, no info. was sent and not much on the website---do you know if it's a photo or an auto? I'll be following your journal, hoping to learn something. TY for any answer. (It taste GREAT----wishing us both a good harvest!)

Back
Top Bottom