Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Hey Prof can't remember what you are growing in but here is a ph chart for both soil and hydro
E3DD4EE8-84E8-409F-AE81-158663AB7A38[1] copy.jpg

Hey Prof... weird about the roots. Do the roots have mold? Is that what I am seeing? Have you always been pH'ing at the 7.4? Is this the recovered soil? I'm curious as to why 6.9 on the pH. Obviously I am missing something you know about your grow that I don't!
The roots are healthy. Those are little tiny hairs that you can see. I think it's because of the shade created by the Phantoms leaves though I would have thought that the air movement would have prevented them from breaking ground. Weird
Yep, I check the PH every now and then and it's usually around 7.1 to 7.4. The reason I don't adjust is because it says that I don't have to. I didn't adjust for the entire previous grow and things didn't go too badly though there were certain moments that were similar to this. It says to keep within 6.5 to 7.5 on the pack so I pretty much did that
The soil is recovered. The phantoms was flushed well though the GZ and OS got soil straight from the previous grow
Are you adding calmag?
Not yet. I need organic Calmag which I don't have at the moment. I agree with you in that they could probably do with some though
Maybe silicon too
I've not looked into silicon with regards to organic growing but I will do
Hey Prof can't remember what you are growing in but here is a ph chart for both soil and hydro
E3DD4EE8-84E8-409F-AE81-158663AB7A38[1] copy.jpg
Thanks SOG. Going by that chart my PH seems way off but lol. I'll drop the PH to 6.6 and see what that does

Hey Prof... weird about the roots. Do the roots have mold? Is that what I am seeing? Have you always been pH'ing at the 7.4? Is this the recovered soil? I'm curious as to why 6.9 on the pH. Obviously I am missing something you know about your grow that I don't!
i am in same thoughts. Not being a soil guy i cant comme t but am suprised at such a high ph. How will it catch the nutes at the lower end in the 5.8 it needs ??
You are a pro prof so i am so curious now too.???

Looking good right there! What medium are you using if you don't mind me asking? The Peyote Cookies was an awesome strain. I chose her over the Peyote Critical and was pretty happy with what I got
:passitleft:

Personally, I didn't enjoy the Peyote Cookies too much. This strain yields like crazy(at least in my grow) and goes super high BUT, doesn't taste good enough compared to the classic strains like SSH, WW, UK Cheese etc...

I had some issues with my plants few weeks earlier. Earlier symptoms look kinda familiar but I can't exactly tell what the problem is by looking to these pics. Only thing I can say is the problem looks like developing.

The roots are healthy. Those are little tiny hairs that you can see. I think it's because of the shade created by the Phantoms leaves though I would have thought that the air movement would have prevented them from breaking ground. Weird
Yep, I check the PH every now and then and it's usually around 7.1 to 7.4. The reason I don't adjust is because it says that I don't have to. I didn't adjust for the entire previous grow and things didn't go too badly though there were certain moments that were similar to this. It says to keep within 6.5 to 7.5 on the pack so I pretty much did that
The soil is recovered. The phantoms was flushed well though the GZ and OS got soil straight from the previous grow

Not yet. I need organic Calmag which I don't have at the moment. I agree with you in that they could probably do with some though

I've not looked into silicon with regards to organic growing but I will do

Thanks SOG. Going by that chart my PH seems way off but lol. I'll drop the PH to 6.6 and see what that does

I know some "organic" Cal/Mag products, which are made from egg or seashells and CaCO3, epsom salt or garden lime. They are labeled "organic" and OK, lets say they are as "organic" as a mineral can be. But I just don't see the point of obtaining Cal from eggshells.

I don't think we should consider minerals organic. Lots of organic labeled fertilizers already have Cal/Mag in them. But cannabis grow market is full of sh.t these days. Some lighting companies are selling 1800W LED's, which are only drawing 300W from the wall. If you can turn 300W into 1800W, then you can save the world genius :laugh: Personally, I think there are only a couple of LED models that can outperform MH/HPS. I am sick of this nonsense and currently designing my own high end LED module. I think same sh.t applies for nutrient manufacturers as well. I don't really trust them with their "Organic" or "OMRI" labels when it comes to Cal/Mag products simply because many products are already working allright. They might be obtainin Cal/Mag from some stuff other then they claim.

I am using Sensi Cal/Mag Xtra from AN and I am really really happy with this one. I have used this in several organic grows to this day and had no issues at all. I used both LED and HPS in these grows. The good thing about this product is that it contains some L-amino acids and iron chelates. AN also has a Si supplement called Rhino Skin but I have never used that one.

And one last thing. Can you share your room temp. and RH?

Passing my NYC Diesel spliff to left :passitleft:

You just probably ran out of buffers since it is used soil. Where you normally wouldn't have to pH , you may need to now.
Good call, as well as the who-knows-what was left after the flower harvest. Hard to pinpoint those leaves because they started looking flat out N deficient but once those spots start forming you're more into the Phosphorus deficiency, which kinda seems unlikely from flowering nutes!

And once you start combining issues, we're into a pH problem as mentioned. Have you slurry tested the soil? Distilled water, a tablespoon of soil and a good pH meter is all you need.

Can you share your room temp. and RH?
Temps are 22C-25C during lights on and no lower than 17C at lights off. Humidity fluctuates but has been in the 50-60 range for the past couple weeks
You just probably ran out of buffers since it is used soil. Where you normally wouldn't have to pH , you may need to now.
good call. I gave them a really good flush earlier then adjusted ph. Maybe still a little high but we'll no pretty soon
Good call, as well as the who-knows-what was left after the flower harvest. Hard to pinpoint those leaves because they started looking flat out N deficient but once those spots start forming you're more into the Phosphorus deficiency, which kinda seems unlikely from flowering nutes!

And once you start combining issues, we're into a pH problem as mentioned. Have you slurry tested the soil? Distilled water, a tablespoon of soil and a good pH meter is all you need.
Slurry test it it then

Ok, well I've done the slurry test and I think that I may have located the problem. Nutes have been going in with a ph of around 7.1-7.4 but when I checked the soil using the distilled water and pen the ph went down to 5.0! I've given them another good flush with a ph of 6.5 then reintroduced the veg nutes with the last watering also ph'd to 6.5. I repeated the soil test and got 6.3 which is way better. I'm back to my chores now so I didn't get to try and push the ph up that little bit more but I may get the chance to do it again later. Hopefully in a couple of days we should see some improvement, fingers crossed. I'll post some pics in a short while. See y'all soon

Nice. Reign those chicas in.

Make sure you are using a reliable pH chart.....seriously?? I'm such a/an _______. I'll let you fill that one in for fun.

I promise it was just a guess. I am in no way psychic, my grows may look a bit better if I was
However, I expect that you are some evil mastermind that would want me to believe that.
-OR- I'm really stoned and easily impressed by coincidences.....number 1 sounds more fun.

Back
Top Bottom