Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Morning GG! I'm up nice and early today lol. Thanks GG. The POG is kicking ass! She's so fast as well. I think she's trying to keep up with the other 2. It's going to be a busy harvest week. How's yours coming along? Is she still the dominant plant out of the bunch?
she is still the best grower. nice and compact too. up early is never nice mate !!. lol

Hey 420! Well I've only gone and done it! I've just purchased a 2000k 600w HPS bulb and it should be here as early as Saturday. We may have to wait until Monday though but oh well. The POG I've decided needs the biggest bang that I could afford and that comes on the form of a £15 bulb. I,would have loved to have continued using the LED's for her but the truth is that I just don't quite trust them. What they'll do is give me great top buds but the rest of the plant will suffer. My recent grow style hasn't needed lights with good penetration but the POG is different in that she has long colas whereas my normal plants are much lower. I'm pretty excited because I haven't used a HPS for about 2 or maybe even 3 years now. I don't dislike HPS and the only reason I don't use them anymore is because of the heat and the cost. Well I don't pay for the electricity in this house and I think that the temps will be ok with the cool tube venting out of the window. I'll have a play about and see if I can work anything out. Hope everyone's well and are having or had a good day. Pics will be coming up shortly
heehee just as i go the other route.lol. sods law. am hoping the tsl's can show me different. bills are killing us. I do love hps but after so many years of heat fighting and summer coming not to mention the fast bud sponsored grow too. I had to convert. Will be fun changing places with the pog too. am hoping she keeps the size down lower to really test the Led out for my environment. Great update and pics

My tap water is never less than 180 and often runs as high as 250. I don't check PPM any more since I just stick with the grams method of mixing nutes.
I live on top of a moor miles from civilisation which in the U.K. Is 20 miles lol. The water here is very good compared to the towns and city's I've been to. I remember the first time I tried city water. I thought that someone was trying to drug me lol. The water tasted like those dissolvable paracetamol.

That's good to hear. 420 pm is the one we all love. 420 am is an acquired taste lol
thats when i usually get to bed. fucking insomniac past 20 years.zombie daddy all day. advantage with night feeds and now got to go back to hospital after 11pm for daughters to be discharged from hospital. been back and forth for few days whilenshe was in and now they want to dicharge at 11pm. good job i dont sleep. Mrs Gg is a zombie herself now too. NHS is screwed up. lol.

heehee just as i go the other route.lol. sods law. am hoping the tsl's can show me different. bills are killing us. I do love hps but after so many years of heat fighting and summer coming not to mention the fast bud sponsored grow too. I had to convert. Will be fun changing places with the pog too. am hoping she keeps the size down lower to really test the Led out for my environment. Great update and pics
Thing is GG, I would have most definitely had gone with a TS1000 over the 600w HPS if nit for one thing and that's money. Mrs.F says a £15'bulb is ok but another led unit is out of the question lol. Don't worry. With 2 of those baby's you should be sweet and dandy

thats when i usually get to bed. fucking insomniac past 20 years.zombie daddy all day. advantage with night feeds and now got to go back to hospital after 11pm for daughters to be discharged from hospital. been back and forth for few days whilenshe was in and now they want to dicharge at 11pm. good job i dont sleep. Mrs Gg is a zombie herself now too. NHS is screwed up. lol.
Sorry to hear that your daughter has been in hospital. Hope everything's ok. I was an insomniac but I've not been as bad recently. The indicas work with me quite well though the kids are also doing their part lol

Hey 420! I'd like to introduce you to the results of the cunning plan....
ORG_DSC02095.JPG

Now, I feel like I have to give Shed an apology because I ruined there natural shape and have introduced a net to the party. I folded the net that I had in half so I would fit in the space ambit better. Then I managed to get both the plants underneath up into the net. I did say that I like to keep things interesting. I'm not quite finished yet and I am going to use this opportunity to give them anouter trim. I didn't realise how solid the OS is until I tried to manuver her under the net. Those bud sites are going hard already. The GZ has been partially woven into the net and will be getting a bit of a clean up. What a mission is all I can say about this lol. More pics on the way....
ORG_DSC02084.JPG
ORG_DSC02085.JPG
ORG_DSC02086.JPG
ORG_DSC02094.JPG
ORG_DSC02097.JPG
ORG_DSC02101.JPG
go on alan titchmarsh. !!!
lol .sprocket and cog have nothing on you here prof.lol. i love a good diy solution. i used an old dog cage for same purpose. lpl my pegs holding the barnies down in some places are from the same cage. heehee man after my own heart.

I am only using MegaCrop but the soil
I dunno, I'd be looking at a lockout of some sort if you're seeing defs. MC has enough of everything in it to prevent that from happening. Is it possible the medium is buffering your pH? Too acidic or caustic? You are only using MC correct?
I am only using MegaCrop but the soil is a bit of an unknown for me. It contains additional nutrients so maybe there is something there. I'm not sure I want to go messing around with her now though although I could do a slurry test to see where we are at

Are you seeing something in the leaves? Did I miss that?
No. There's no signs of anything amiss. We're just trying to understand why she is feeding at such high levels without any negative effects.

Damn!! That orange sherbert got me drooling :drool:
The pics don't do her justice. Those pistils that are turning orange are so bright. She feels so vibrant to look at and when you look in the tent your eyes are drawn to her first. Best of all she's starting to smell like oranges

Speaking of which I have just watered her with a 10ltr watering can containing just 20g of MegaCrop. It's still over the recommended dose but lower than she was on which was 25g. I still can't find any real signs of stress. I mean, she does have a little tip burn but it's no worse than normal and not what you'd expect to see from such a high dose. If she changes at all then I'll raise it slightly again. Before she was showing signs of deficiency at around 18g in 10ltr of water. That's still higher than the recommended dose which is 15g according to the MegaCrop calculator on their site. Anyway, I'm not complaining it's just that I'd like to find the sweet spot so that her flowers benefit the most from her feeds.
Maybe I was confused. I was referring to this posting, hence my post above. I thought you bumped it up to 25 because the plant was showing a def. My point was that if you had to bump it over the recommended doseage because of a def, then it's another issue that more MC wont fix.

Maybe I was confused. I was referring to this posting, hence my post above. I thought you bumped it up to 25 because the plant was showing a def. My point was that if you had to bump it over the recommended doseage because of a def, then it's another issue that more MC wont fix.
Don't worry your not as confused as you think. I did indeed bump it up because it appeared that there was maybe some nitrogen deficiency as the plant had slightly yellowish leaves and a couple other indicators. The thing is that the Plant should be visibly suffering from having so much more nutrients than recommended but she's not. In fact she's appears to be thriving. Like I said she does have a little tip burn but not as much as I was getting from my previous organic grows. I let the PH go up and down and don't make it the same every time I mix up some nutrients. Sometimes its 6.5 other times it's 7.1. I'm watching her like a hawk mainly because of the thrips and haven't observed anything that concerns me. It's not just the POG that's feeding at high levels though. Both the other 2 are drinking on the heavy side. The GZ is on 20g and the OS is on 22g in 10 litres of water. They all look great so I'm not sure what's up.

Back
Top Bottom