Barneys Farm?

coralman

So what are peoples experiences with barneys farm? hear so many people on forums slating them cos of hermies, too many phenos etc... but on the other hand they win awards all the time. Is it a case of a bad workman blames his tools. Any first hand experience, i have 6 critical kush in flower and keep seeing so many posts about them herming on people so i guess im just worrying a little haha thanks

So what are peoples experiences with barneys farm? hear so many people on forums slating them cos of hermies, too many phenos etc... but on the other hand they win awards all the time. Is it a case of a bad workman blames his tools. Any first hand experience, i have 6 critical kush in flower and keep seeing so many posts about them herming on people so i guess im just worrying a little haha thanks

I've grown pineapple chunk 1 nice tasting plant out off 6 but a lot of there gear I've tried growing was a waste off time hermies, some just stalled shrivelled up, I only stick with good genetics, just read some grows off strains you want to try in this forum then you'll know what to expect,,

I've been growing Pineapple Chunk for over two years. It produces very good herb, the strongest indica dominant I have, but I feel like I'm working around weird genetics. It's a strange plant that's hard to train in flowering, prone to mold, and just doesn't like to do what it's told. Hard to work with and the only reason it's still alive is the end result- if I find a good replacement that is as strong I'll be happy to get rid of it.

what are your most reliable breeders for good genetics, got 6 cheese bomb sprouted for next grow but im always on the hunt researching for future grows. been looking at mainly kush and kush x strains as they seem like good all rounders from what iv read, iv seemed to narrow my search down to around 15 strains hahaha think its going be names in a hat to pick one haha.

Enjoyed critical kush, in soil responded well to organic biocanna nutes. Was incredible actually, created a natural even canopy with little training. Smoke was tasty, A+ bag appeal, moderate stone, tight nugs. Decent yield for short 3 week veg time too, nearly 2 zips. Would have kept a mother of more space had been available.

yeh so far so good with mine, seems to love lst and topping really vigirous but heard so many horror storys which is kinda confusing. Im 3 weeks in flower so if all goes to plan i will be growing her again.

what are your most reliable breeders for good genetics, got 6 cheese bomb sprouted for next grow but im always on the hunt researching for future grows. been looking at mainly kush and kush x strains as they seem like good all rounders from what iv read, iv seemed to narrow my search down to around 15 strains hahaha think its going be names in a hat to pick one haha.

Not even close to being kush strains , but Critical Cheese (Dinafem), and Ace Panama and Golden Tiger have been three of the strains I've grown with the most stunning genetics.

Was in uni at the time. A hand me down 600w cool tube. Drilled a few holes in a bucket found in the utility room, threw in some soil and picked up a few nutes from a friend. Feel like the best was made from a less than optimal situation

Instead of starting a new thread because i bet this has already been discussed but under what set up do breeders use to come up with their g per m2 equation? seems a bit of a grey area.

GPW is sometimes viewed as overstated, however these results are obtained in "optimal conditions". Don't worry too much about those figures. Try and shoot for 1 GPW and you'll find yourself pleased with your yield. Your growing method will dictate the speed at which you can obtain results. Soil is more forgiving, but slower. Hydro is much more precise and slightly more time consuming, however offers explosive growth and flowering rates. If its your first few grows, go with soil. If you feel you're good at reading the plant but still want a slight cushion, go coco/perlite. If you're only doing a couple ladies, might be worth trying 1 of each, and you'll guarantee yourself a reasonable harvest as well as some experience with hydro.
Hope this helps

so what your saying is it dosnt matter what strain you grow under optimal conditions they will all produce close to a gpw and the m2 yield can be ignored

Sure they base their results on an environment we would find hard to replicate in a filing cabinet or bedroom closet or wardrobe.
Pick a strain (CK, for example), decide your growing method (soil/dwc/cfl/hid), find growth rates and yield from other journals here, and if you're happy go ahead and order the seeds. If not, select a new strain and repeat.
Hope that helps

surely there is strains that yield more same as some have higher thc? which takes me back to the original question , is there a set standard of set up when it comes to using the m2 equation? Is it a good indicator to go by regarding higher yielding strains or as a hobby grower using a tent all strains will average simular yields.

...very nice smoke...not outta' this world...but...very nice...depending on how long you let it go...might wanna' stock up on chips and ice cream...and set the timer on the TV...you'll be done before the movie is!...lolool...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom