Baron Von Blurple's Canadian Comp Featuring Black Sugar

Looks great Von! I notice some timy litle spots on the BS1... anything to be worried about?
Been checking the undercarriage and dont see anything. Im thinking its from some water I left on there a week ago or so as noted in post 147.

:hookah:Looking good. Couple of my leaves had a couple spots from water drops. I fixed mine by using a green felt marker. Giggity giggity.. Hope you had a great weekend. Magic

3.0 g MegaCrop / 4 L
VPD is set at 19 C and 60 % rh
Light is at 19 inches

Day 34
and Day 28

Giving the photo update today as tommorow I will be topping both of them to the third node. BS2 has surpassed BS1 in size but not in nodes. I noticed BS1 getting greener than I would like, so I have knocked back the feedings to 3.0 g / 4 L. Its definitely 2 different phenos, with BS1 being the more compact of the 2. They have been fed up until now with a turkey baster and getting about 2 -3 full squeezes. Enter the conception joke here.

Using Jiffy Pellets, I am going to attempt to use the toppings for clones. I know...you should use the side clippings, but I'll have the tops and by Thor and Odin, I will give those a go. So please chime in with your tips for me.

BS1

BS2

--------------------------------- BS1---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BS2---------------------------------------------------

I would recommend root powder or gel. I had such a high success rate back in the day that I recently went cheap and tried without any rooting powder. I'm sure it works but I went 0 for 2. So I'm picking up some cloning gel and trying again. Plants looks awesome.

Hey MG, I definitely agree with using a rooting hormone of some type. I have tried willow water (had great success with it the 1st year), aloe (may or may not work, never could decide), Roots Gel and a nitrogen fixing bacteria I add to my soil that claimed it could root faster.

Doing a test between, Roots Gel, the bacteria and just water, the Roots Gel won out and could see no noticeable difference between the water only and the bacteria.

I found the Gel to be as good as willow water which wasn’t surprising as they both have auxins in them. Willow to make willow water is only good between late spring and early summer, after that the new shoots have lower levels of auxins.

RC

Them some broad Indica style leaves BVP.
Yeah, looks like its going to be a small shaggy grow.

Evening Baron,

Saw you on another thread and thought I would check out this grow. Good looking start.

As for cloning tops, I’ve had good success cloning tops after topping my girls.

RC
Welcome sir, you have joined the Peat and MegaCrop cultivation society. You may now throw away your pH pen.

I would recommend root powder or gel. I had such a high success rate back in the day that I recently went cheap and tried without any rooting powder. I'm sure it works but I went 0 for 2. So I'm picking up some cloning gel and trying again. Plants looks awesome.
I have some rooting powder as well. If they take....great! If not....well, its better to love and lost then to never have loved at all.

Welcome friends old and new alike.

Thank you for the welcome mate,

Sounds like my kind of club, I have never used a pH pen as I grow in organic supersoils lol but still interested in following other growers regardless of the grow style :) as well, the MC interests me, not so much that I will ever likely use it, but because as old as I am, I am a life long student lol

RC

Thank you for the welcome mate,

Sounds like my kind of club, I have never used a pH pen as I grow in organic supersoils lol but still interested in following other growers regardless of the grow style :) as well, the MC interests me, not so much that I will ever likely use it, but because as old as I am, I am a life long student lol

RC
And what a wonderful school of science it is.

3.0 g MegaCrop / 4 L
VPD is set at 19 C and 60 % rh
Light is at 19 inches

Day 34
and Day 28

Giving the photo update today as tommorow I will be topping both of them to the third node. BS2 has surpassed BS1 in size but not in nodes. I noticed BS1 getting greener than I would like, so I have knocked back the feedings to 3.0 g / 4 L. Its definitely 2 different phenos, with BS1 being the more compact of the 2. They have been fed up until now with a turkey baster and getting about 2 -3 full squeezes. Enter the conception joke here.

Using Jiffy Pellets, I am going to attempt to use the toppings for clones. I know...you should use the side clippings, but I'll have the tops and by Thor and Odin, I will give those a go. So please chime in with your tips for me.

BS1

BS2

--------------------------------- BS1---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BS2---------------------------------------------------
Good morning Baron. Your plants are looking great and due for a hair cut. Puts you maybe a week behind me and a few of the others. I am following close to the mc grows on here:reading420magazine: as I'm going to give it a try in soil this summer. Ordered up their free sample (500g.) yesterday, don't know if this is enough for a full grow:morenutes: but it will get me started.
As for cloning your tops, I have never tried that but see no reason why it wouldn't work wonderfully.ha In my experience with cloning we always used a gel and straight into rw. Usually a hundred at a time and really don't remember losing very many.Always fun to watch something a little different. :peace: :Rasta:

Good morning Baron. Your plants are looking great and due for a hair cut. Puts you maybe a week behind me and a few of the others. I am following close to the mc grows on here:reading420magazine: as I'm going to give it a try in soil this summer. Ordered up their free sample (500g.) yesterday, don't know if this is enough for a full grow:morenutes: but it will get me started.
As for cloning your tops, I have never tried that but see no reason why it wouldn't work wonderfully.ha In my experience with cloning we always used a gel and straight into rw. Usually a hundred at a time and really don't remember losing very many.Always fun to watch something a little different. :peace: :Rasta:
The demo pack is easily enough for 1 grow. It will be perfect for your outdoor run.

Good to know ,Baron. Thanks. Now to decide on soil, but no rush for that.
I suggest peat based. Works well with the MegaCrop. Tap water and nutes . Done . As long as the peat is buffered with lime to 6 ish (Pro Mix is buffered to 5.8)

I plan on reusing my mix from previous grows plus compost for the outdoor fun this year.

Topping went off as planned today.
Soaked the pellets in 1.5 g / 4 L Mega Crop, dusted with root stim powder, and sitting in Ghettoquarium® . Tops are really small and I'll be amazed if these take, but this will be my journey to get my Lil Propagater badge.

BS1

BS2

BS1

BS2

Good luck with the clones Bvb! As long as you keep the pellet moist you should be fine. I use Rapid Rooter's and just spray them with water every couple of days. Keep your humidity up around 80%. It's a waiting game will probably take about 2 weeks before you see roots coming out of the pellets.

Back
Top Bottom