Basic Blueprint for my Grow room + need opinion on what lighting to use.

Purple Goose

Grow_room_blueprints1.jpg

Okay this Is my proposed setup idea I am converting a old bathroom no longer in use. Take note that area where ebb & flood table will be set is actually on a 1/2" thick piece of plywood placed over the original tub, toilet is being removed and replaced by a laundry room Basin and bathroom sink will be removed and water lines moved to run into the new Basin.

Also Exhaust and intake fans will be mounted directly into the door with a duct line running from the exhaust to the chimney of the house and intake fans having ducts drawing from the buildings Cold air return.
was planning on using a 110 cfm squirrel cage exhaust and 3 muffin fan intakes one of wich will have a duct running to the HPS reflector to cool the light . For the Size of room in question should this be sufficent cooling also should mention that as this is a basement apt the proposed grow room is usually at 65 degrees normally.

Okay Second question is lighting over the 4' x 4' ebb and flood table I have 3 choices I am considering

a. Using a 1000w hortilux hps for flowering as well as a 2 week veg period using a 1000w mh conversion using light periods of 18/6 veg and 12/12 flower

B. Just the 1000w hortilux hps for 2 weeks at 18/6 then switch over to 12/12

C Using a 600w hps hortilux with a mh conversion as well as a 150w mh for 18/6
When flowering begins will use 600hps and the 150w mh (which will be moved each day from side to side of table.

Which of these lighting Setups will offer me the best possible growth/yield without wasting light and therefore energy and money ,while also maintaining non stressfull temperatures If with what I have described for exhaust and intake is sufficent for the bigger bulb then only question is will they be overkill as in more light then I need.

In diagram u can see there is also a closet in room wich will be my mother room in here I can create 2 chambers 2'W x 3'D x 3'H and
another chamber 2'W x 3' D x 3' 8"H if I use a 250w 6500k CFL light in each chamber should this be sufficient to veg and maintain 4 or 5 mothers?

for my clones I have a space that is 5.5'L x 1.5'Dx 1' high I was planning on placeing a 4' long 4x 55w at 6500k flourescent Light in this area should this be sufficent space to get 45 clones rooted and around 4-6" in height ?
And is 6500k the proper light if not please state what wattage and light temperature in Kelvins i should be using.

If anyone can think of anything I have forgotten please let me know . Also I noticed I didnt mention it but I also have the fans for creating air movement in room to help strengthen the stalks of the plants. So if I missed anything else that is important please fill me in.

Back
Top Bottom